Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Crucified With Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crucified With Christ (914 Views)

I Am Crucified With Christ (galatians 2:20). What Does It Mean? / Brokenness. I Have Been Crucified With Christ And I No Longer Live But Christ. / Atheist Finds Refuge, Peace With Christ. Hallelujah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crucified With Christ by Missyajoke(f): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
Happy weekend Everyone am her to share a message titled " Crucified with Christ".

Nowadays what most churches have based their Sunday message are on " Prosperity gospel" which ought not to be so, the true gospel has been Neglected by most churches because they think people won't come to church because of that. If 5 people come to your church and they make heaven you'll be rewarded but if you own a big church and non of your members make heaven can't you see ( Mr Pastor ) that you've wasted your time. If you're uncomfortable in a church why don't you leave early than stay put to a dead church. Remember Christ is coming for the true church not a dead church.

Now back to the main reason an here that's just a diversion.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

I have been crucified with Christ… think about that... how many Christians have you ever heard say that about themselves? Sure we say Jesus Christ died for our sins and we say things like Jesus Christ was Crucified…but what about you being crucified with Christ...

What does it all mean to be crucified with Christ?

Well it doesn't mean that you become non existent. It means that your old sin nature is dead, it was that old you, that was nailed to Christ’s cross. To be crucified with Christ means that our sin has been subdued and our old nature has been conquered...
What it means is this, a person who has been crucified with Christ, the old man, their old nature should not even be recognized as living and reigning in that person anymore.

Romans 6:6
knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Crucifixion is the agony of God of what it takes to rid humanity of themselves...
Before the Spirit of Christ can live within me, I myself must be dead.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Ask yourself, “Have I been united together in the likeness of His death?”
Well do you see the likeness of His resurrection in you? It’s important for you to know who you are in Christ. So, So, important. So many Christians today don’t know who they are in Christ. They just don’t know. You need to know.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sermons.faithlife.com/sermons/284805-crucified-with-christ&ved=2ahUKEwiHrpeggPTqAhWCyYUKHZMgAOsQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0PV_fujCQapjLUttEU5lGf&cshid=1596078667600

I don't just understand some people on these forum but am very sure they're jobless

2 Likes

Re: Crucified With Christ by Galactico4ever(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
Good Xtian message.Thanks and enjoy your weekend.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Missyajoke(f): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Good Xtian message.Thanks and enjoy your weekend.

Thanks and a Happy weekend to you.

1 Like

Re: Crucified With Christ by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
Good Msg.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Thugnificent(m): 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
This is good smiley
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Jul 26, 2020
Even the sola gratia(Salvation through the Grace of God) doctrine is not according to Jesus Christ's own teachings.

The general definition of the word grace, the inherited favor of God, is wrong since God is not a God of favoristism..His mercy and compassion He pours out on both the wicked and the righteous alike.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Even the sola gratia(Salvation through the Grace of God) doctrine is not according to Jesus Christ's own teachings.

The general definition of the word grace, the inherited favor of God, is wrong since God is not a God of favoristism..His mercy and compassion He pours out on both the wicked and the righteous alike.

Ephesians 2:5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)

John tells us that out of Jesus’ “fullness we have all received, grace upon grace” (John 1:16). Many of the New Testament letters begin and end with the writers expressing their desire that the grace of Jesus would be with His people. The very last words of the Bible read: “The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen” (Rev. 22:21).

The Reformers understood the importance of the grace of God to the Bible’s teaching on salvation. In fact, one of the slogans that came to define Reformation teaching was sola gratia, which is Latin for “by grace alone.” Christians are saved by the grace of God alone.

Among Protestants, there is a popular misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching on grace. Sometimes it is said, “Rome teaches that we are saved by works, but Protestants teach that we are saved by grace.” This statement, common as it is, is a slander against the Roman Catholic Church. Rome does not teach that one is saved by works apart from the grace of God. She, in fact, teaches that one is saved by the grace of God.

To what, then, did Rome object in the Reformers’ teaching? Where does the line of difference between Rome and the Reformation lie? It lies in a single word—sola (“alone”). The Reformers maintained that the sinner is saved by the grace of God, His unmerited favor, alone. This doctrine means that nothing the sinner does commends him to the grace of God, and that the sinner does not cooperate with God in order to merit his salvation. Salvation, from beginning to end, is the sovereign gift of God to the unworthy and undeserving. As Paul wrote to the Corinthian Christians, who were inclined to boasting: “Who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?” (1 Cor. 4:7). No one can ever stand before God and say, “Look at me and at what I have done!God is no one’s debtor, not least in matters of salvation (Rom. 11:35).

One passage of Scripture in which the doctrine of salvation by grace alone shines brightly is Ephesians 2:1–10. Paul wrote to the Ephesians after having ministered among them for some three years (Acts 20:31).

The letter to the Ephesians gives us a glimpse into the feast of teaching that Paul had set before that church. In the first chapter, Paul takes us into the “heavenly places” (1:3). He shows us the plan of the Father to save sinners by the work of His Son, a work that is applied and guaranteed by the Spirit. This plan is a lavish plan— the Father has “blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing” (v. 3). Above all, Paul stresses how this plan of redemption redounds to the praise of the glorious grace of God (vv. 6, 12, 14).

After pausing to thank God and to intercede for the Ephesians, Paul applies the heavenly realities of 1:3–14 to our individual Christian lives in 2:1–10. He twice stresses the fact that it is “by grace you have been saved” (2:5, cool. How is the grace of God evident in salvation? We see God’s grace on display, Paul says, when God makes the dead alive in Christ. To appreciate fully the grace of God, let us consider from Ephesians 2:1–10 what it means to be “dead” and what it means to be “alive.”

Who are the “dead”? They include the Ephesians. (“You were dead in … trespasses and sins,” v. 1.) They include Paul and his fellow Jews. (“We all once lived in the passions of our flesh,” v. 3.) In fact, they include every man, woman, and child in Adam. (“[We] were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind,” v. 3.) The “dead” include folks like you and I.

What does it mean to be “dead”? Paul points to three things in this passage. First, it means to be under condemnation. Before Christ, we were “dead in the trespasses and sins in which [we] once walked.” Death, God told Adam in Genesis 2, is the penalty for sin. When we violate the law of God, we stand guilty before this holy God, accountable to His justice. Second, to be dead means we were under the yoke. We served three masters—the world (“following the course of this world,” 2:2), the flesh (“we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind,” 2:3), and the Devil (“following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience,” 2:2) . Third, to be dead means we were under wrath. We “were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind” (2:3). We were justly subject to the holy displeasure of God for our sin. We were this way “by nature”— in other words, we were born into this condition.

Many do not accept this teaching. Outside the church, many assume that people are basically good. They tend to believe, at least implicitly, that if we give people the right education, examples, or laws, then they will follow the right path. Just laws, noble examples, and proper education are invaluable, but they are powerless to change a heart committed to its rebellion against God. Inside the church, many have said and still say that people are sick, even desperately sick. These sick people, however, are still said to have the wherewithal to respond to and cooperate with the grace of God. But Paul does not say we are sick. He says that apart from Christ, we are dead. Spiritually speaking, we are corpses in the ground without Jesus. We can no more draw near to God than a corpse can summon the strength to get out of its grave. That is how bad off we are outside of Christ.

Thankfully, Paul does not stop there. Beginning in verse 4, Paul turns from us to God, from the evil we have done to the good that God is doing in Christ. He highlights three things about the grace of God in the rest of this passage:

First, he points us to God’s work in verses 5–6: “God made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” God raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand (1:18–20), and He has done something incredible to us in our union with Christ. God, Paul says, has made the dead alive. That is what evokes Paul’s exclamation, “By grace you have been saved” (2:5).

Second, Paul points us to God’s motive. Why did God make the dead alive? It was not because of our works, Paul says in verse 9, neither the works that we did before we became Christians nor the works we have done after we became Christians. Otherwise, we might have cause to “boast” (v. 9). Instead, Paul says, God made us alive because of His “mercy,” His “great love with which he loved us” (v. 4). Paul goes out of his way to impress upon us that God’s own love and mercy are the font of our salvation.

Third, Paul points us to God’s purpose. For what purpose did God make the dead alive? It was, Paul says in verse 7, that we might put on display, both now and in eternity, the “immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.” How do we do that? We do it by displaying in our lives the master workmanship of our Maker and Redeemer— we were “created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them” (v. 10).

We are saved, then, sola gratia—by the grace of God alone. Far from leading us to embrace lives of license and moral recklessness, the grace of God in the gospel leads us to pursue lives of consecration and holiness. Why is this so? The great hymnwriter Isaac Watts captured Paul’s point well when he wrote in his hymn “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”: “Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were a present far too small, love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.” Think about that the next time you sing of the amazing grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Jul 27, 2020
The Grace of God is only Mankind -Sinnera and non-Sinners alike. The grace of Jesus Christ is on those who are followers of Jesus Christ and this in addition to the Grace of God they were given from the beginning. Grace is a toolbox of sorts of resources, not some saving magic.

No magical tool can save anyman, not even grace can do that. The only thing that can is the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ and only steps in obedience to said covenant will make that happen.
Ananias is a man who had the grace of Jesus Christ on himself but we all know what he instead chose to do with it because of where his heart still remained.

Grace does not save anyone. What it does , as is the case for all men, is provide the path and resources to help lead one back to finding the Father. The heart is where the decision to choose the Father or continue in the world comes from and obedience is the key to the agreement that is Jesus Christ.

The gospel of Salvation through grace does not align with the way that is Jesus Christ as it teaches that which seeks to circumvent that which Jesus Christ commanded and so it is Antichrist.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 7:02am On Jul 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Grace of God is only Mankind -Sinnera and non-Sinners alike. The grace of Jesus Christ is on those who are followers of Jesus Christ and this in addition to the Grace of God they were given from the beginning. Grace is a toolbox of sorts of resources, not some saving magic.

No magical tool can save anyman, not even grace can do that. The only thing that can is the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ and only steps in obedience to said covenant will make that happen.
Ananias is a man who had the grace of Jesus Christ on himself but we all know what he instead chose to do with it because of where his heart still remained.

Grace does not save anyone. What it does , as is the case for all men, is provide the path and resources to help lead one back to finding the Father. The heart is where the decision to choose the Father or continue in the world comes from and obedience is the key to the agreement that is Jesus Christ.

The gospel of Salvation through grace does not align with the way that is Jesus Christ as it teaches that which seeks to circumvent that which Jesus Christ commanded and so it is Antichrist.

God ‘has saved us and called us to a holy life – not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Saviour, Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 1:9, 10)

The doctrine of grace alone is essential to understand God’s redemptive plan for us all: this plan that was revealed succinctly in Genesis Genesis 6:8: But Noah had grace in the eyes of the Lord. God’s redemptive plan began before the foundation of the world—“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. . . .” (Ephesians 1:4).

God’s redemptive plan was executed perfectly by His Son Jesus Christ who gave His life to redeem us. This redemption was not based upon any merit in us but was freely given to us by God’s grace. Romans 3:24 says, “and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus?.”

While we may be able to understand the doctrine of grace alone, it is much more difficult to live out. It is the “alone” part of grace alone that causes you to struggle. I may believe, for instance, that God has saved me by His grace, but there is that egotistic part of me that wants to believe that God needs my help. It is grace alone that saves from the wrath of God, we can add nothing. Martin Luther put it this way in his explanation of the Third Article of the Apostles Creed: “I believe that I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ my Lord, or come to Him, except the Holy Spirit calls me through the Gospel.

These facts deserve attention regarding the means or method of our salvation.

1. It is in Christ. Paul teaches this: It is “according to His own purpose and grace”; but he adds, “which was given us in Christ Jesus.” No views of God’s purposes are right, then, which separate them from Christ Jesus - in this, you are correct, Kobojunkie. God has revealed no purpose except in Him. His very mercy, full as it is, knows no channel except through Him. Most men are ready to be saved-no, wish it. The hard lesson for some to learn is, salvation by Christ. His appearing to any man, Howbeit through the gospel of Himself, is Grace.

2. It is by God’s calling.

3. It is for those who despise or neglect this salvation. Does its simple easy method offend you, Kobojunkie? How is this? The accomplishment of great ends by the simplest means is usually regarded as the greatest achievement of wisdom - if this is not God’s path, then He is not Almighty and All-wise. This plan is the result of Divine wisdom alone. No other wisdom could have devised it.

Kobojunkie, you think that grace implies God’s passing by sin. But no-quite the contrary; grace supposes sin to be so horribly bad a thing, that God cannot tolerate it. Were it in the power of man, after being unrighteous and evil, to patch up his ways, and mend himself so as to stand before God, there would then be no need of grace. The very fact of the Lord’s being gracious shows sin to be so evil a thing, that man, being a sinner, his state is utterly ruined and hopeless, and nothing but free grace will do for him-can meet his need.

Have a nice day at work, if you work. I hope you understand that the Doctrine of Sola Gratia is scriptural, through and through.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Acehart:

God ‘has saved us and called us to a holy life – not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Saviour, Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 1:9, 10)

The doctrine of grace alone is essential to understand God’s redemptive plan for us all: this plan that was revealed succinctly in Genesis Genesis 6:8: But Noah had grace in the eyes of the Lord. God’s redemptive plan began before the foundation of the world—“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. . . .” (Ephesians 1:4).

God’s redemptive plan was executed perfectly by His Son Jesus Christ who gave His life to redeem us. This redemption was not based upon any merit in us but was freely given to us by God’s grace. Romans 3:24 says, “and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus?.”

While we may be able to understand the doctrine of grace alone, it is much more difficult to live out. It is the “alone” part of grace alone that causes you to struggle. I may believe, for instance, that God has saved me by His grace, but there is that egotistic part of me that wants to believe that God needs my help. It is grace alone that saves from the wrath of God, we can add nothing. Martin Luther put it this way in his explanation of the Third Article of the Apostles Creed: “I believe that I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ my Lord, or come to Him, except the Holy Spirit calls me through the Gospel.

These facts deserve attention regarding the means or method of our salvation.

1. It is in Christ. Paul teaches this: It is “according to His own purpose and grace”; but he adds, “which was given us in Christ Jesus.” No views of God’s purposes are right, then, which separate them from Christ Jesus - in this, you are correct, Kobojunkie. God has revealed no purpose except in Him. His very mercy, full as it is, knows no channel except through Him. Most men are ready to be saved-no, wish it. The hard lesson for some to learn is, salvation by Christ. His appearing to any man, Howbeit through the gospel of Himself, is Grace.

2. It is by God’s calling.

3. It is for those who despise or neglect this salvation. Does its simple easy method offend you, Kobojunkie? How is this? The accomplishment of great ends by the simplest means is usually regarded as the greatest achievement of wisdom - if this is not God’s path, then He is not Almighty and All-wise. This plan is the result of Divine wisdom alone. No other wisdom could have devised it.

Kobojunkie, you think that grace implies God’s passing by sin. But no-quite the contrary; grace supposes sin to be so horribly bad a thing, that God cannot tolerate it. Were it in the power of man, after being unrighteous and evil, to patch up his ways, and mend himself so as to stand before God, there would then be no need of grace. The very fact of the Lord’s being gracious shows sin to be so evil a thing, that man, being a sinner, his state is utterly ruined and hopeless, and nothing but free grace will do for him-can meet his need.

Have a nice day at work, if you work. I hope you understand that the Doctrine of Sola Gratia is scriptural, through and through.
This has nothing to do with what I think. This has to do with what In Jesus Christ said and commanded of us all...including those whose supposed writings you randomly chose there....
Kobojunkie:

Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:
This has nothing to do with what I think. This has to do with what In Jesus Christ said and commanded of us all...including those whose supposed writings you randomly chose there....

A sinner cannot never do what Christ says or commands. It is Grace,alone, through the gospel that first draws a man to Christ - Grace brings him to the Cross. Here, we refer to the ‘drawing’ as the calling of God’ - a calling that is by Grace alone. After such a one is called through the the gospel of Christ by the regenerative power of the Spirit of God, then he is empowered by the same Spirit to do the things Christ says or commands - as you usually stress. One wrote: Consider two people who hear the gospel but only one responds positively. No Christian would say that the one who chooses Jesus is more righteous than the other, but if both are equally able to make the right choice, logical consistency means that the one is saved because he did something good in his decision-making. But if sinners are unable to love God, faith must be a gift and not something we initiate to get God to love us. This is the importance of sola gratia.

So I ask you Kobojunkie: can sinners do the works of the Father? I also ask this: can the saints live a life of holiness without the help of the Spirit? If your answer is in the affirmative, you are preaching another gospel; by implication, you negate the saving grace of God in Jesus’ response to his disciples when they asked: "Then who can be saved?"
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Acehart:

A sinner cannot never do what Christ says or commands
How did you arrive at this?
Acehart:

. It is Grace alone through the gospel that draws a man to Christ - Grace brings him to the cross. Here, we refer to the ‘drawing’ as the calling of God’ - a calling that is by Grace alone.
The call you refer to was let out from the very beginning, when man was first created, to all of mankind. Everyman has been outfitted from before the beginning with the grace needed to respond, but the choice as to whether to respond or not is up to each heart.
Acehart:

After such a one is called through the the gospel of Christ by the regenerative power of the Spirit of God,
then he is empowered by the same Spirit to do the things Christ says or commands - as you usually stress. One wrote: Consider two people who hear the gospel but only one responds positively.
Where is your evidence for a second call through the gospel? undecided

Acehart:

No Christian would say that the one who chooses Jesus is more righteous than the other, but if both are equally able to make the right choice, logical consistency means that the one is saved because he did something good in his decision-making. But if sinners are unable to love God, faith must be a gift and not something we initiate to get God to love us. This is the importance of sola gratia

God loves us all, sinners included. I am not certain I understand what you mean though.

Acehart:

So I ask you Kobojunkie: can sinners do the works of the Father?
NO
Acehart:

I also ask this: can the saints live a life of holiness without the help of the Spirit?
NO
Acehart:

If your answer is in the affirmative, you are preaching another gospel; by implication, you negate Jesus’ response to his disciples when they asked: "Then who can be saved?"
I don't understand what you are trying to say at all.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Missyajoke:
Happy weekend Everyone am her to share a message titled " Crucified with Christ".

Nowadays what most churches have based their Sunday message are on " Prosperity gospel" which ought not to be so, the true gospel has been Neglected by most churches because they think people won't come to church because of that. If 5 people come to your church and they make heaven you'll be rewarded but if you own a big church and non of your members make heaven can't you see ( Mr Pastor ) that you've wasted your time. If you're uncomfortable in a church why don't you leave early than stay put to a dead church. Remember Christ is coming for the true church not a dead church.

I have been crucified with Christ… think about that... how many Christians have you ever heard say that about themselves? Sure we say Jesus Christ died for our sins and we say things like Jesus Christ was Crucified…but what about you being crucified with Christ...

Well it doesn't mean that you become non existent. It means that your old sin nature is dead, it was that old you, that was nailed to Christ’s cross. To be crucified with Christ means that our sin has been subdued and our old nature has been conquered...
What it means is this, a person who has been crucified with Christ, the old man, their old nature should not even be recognized as living and reigning in that person anymore.

knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Crucifixion is the agony of God of what it takes to rid humanity of themselves...

Well do you see the likeness of His resurrection in you? It’s important for you to know who you are in Christ. So, So, important. So many Christians today don’t know who they are in Christ. They just don’t know. You need to know.

The foundation of every religion matters most if it will turn out to be something worthwhile in the future. When Christianity began in the first century, the Jewish young man who established it based everything he taught on facts and reality not fabrications or credulity. The pioneers who took the messages to far distant lands did so with zeal and honesty, until the death of Jesus' last Apostle whose name was John.
After the death of the Apostles there arose certain members of the group who doesn't want all the stress attached to what Jesus taught, they love prominence and material possessions so they began fighting for the leadership of the Christian congregation and this led to chaos in the Italian most popular city (Rome)
That's why the emperor who wanted his empire to have peace decided to call all those involved on a round table, this led to the persecution of those who wants to keep the teaching of the first century Christians and they opportunity was open for greedy materialists who love prominence.

So in a bid to gain more supporters from all sides they agreed on so many pagan traditions and festivities, changed certain facts to please pagan Romans.
Today if someone tells you that Jesus was truly executed but not on a CROSS as taught by the churches of Christendom, will you be prepared to do the findings?
There can never be fine fruitage in what is based on lies and fabrications!
Those greedy politicians eradicated facts only to establish credulous ideas in replacement of what Jesus and his first century followers taught.
Today many groups have gone to make researches and they've discovered so many things that may surprise you.
The fruitage of God's holy spirit is LOVE, JOY PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23
As long as the truth is not established the churches of Christendom can't bear this FRUIT.
Jesus is back now in the spirit and he's working round the clock with his faithful followers, they're growing in knowledge and wisdom, and the purpose Jesus established Christianity is gradually fulfilling now.
But first you need to know why Jesus commissioned Christianity, it's when you know what should be the result of Jesus' work on earth that you can ascertain if you're part of his team or not!

God bless you! smiley
Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 5:11am On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How did you arrive at this?

Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

Then Jesus said to them: “Yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.“ Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. And He said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is given to him by the Father.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Jul 28, 2020
Acehart:
Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
I see you trying to provide support for Salvation by using Paul's argument about salvation. I don't think that is a good way to go about this at all. You are best trying to show support by showing where Jesus Christ, the New Covenant posited that indeed grace is the way to becoming His follower... a partaker in the New Covenant that is He.
After all, only those who are followers of Jesus Christ are born of the Spirit and pertakers of the promises that are available through His person. Jesus Christ is the eternal life promised and the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to Him. It is His Kingdom and so His rules, so get to showing me where His rules make provision for this alternate path that is expressed in the doctrine of Salvation through the grace of God.

When it comes to the Spirit of God, do not underestimate His reach at all. You see, He is able to reach anyone He desires to reach whether sinner or saint - He knows exactly how to do just that. The Bible is littered with stories of persons who were reached by God right in their sin i.e Abram, Moses, Gideon, Rahab, Saul of Tarsus... They are all over the book. They clearly were in sin at the time of their 'encounter' with Him, yet they were able to handle the 'things of the Spirit of God' as He clearly got through to them with the message He had for them.
Acehart:
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
Hostile to God? Even as an athiest, I was never hostile to God since I did not even know Him at all. What you have above sounds more like the description of a bitter soul, than it does your typical sinner who does not even know of God. That description might fit someone like Saul of Tarsus,the vengeful persecutor of Christians, than it would KoboJunkie back before I came to know God.

Acehart:
Then Jesus said to them: “Yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.“ Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. And He said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is given to him by the Father.
Read your verse above... and then read this verse below to see what Jesus Christ may have in fact been telling you who can in fact come to Him.

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
And this as well.

Ezekiel 36 vs 24-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25. Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26. I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27. I will put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28. Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29. Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you. 30. I will give you large crops of fruit from your trees and the harvest from your fields so that you will never again feel the shame of being hungry in a foreign country.
31. You will remember the bad things you did. You will remember that those things were not good. Then you will hate yourselves because of your sins and the terrible things you did.”
Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 7:30am On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Could you tell me how you turned from being a atheist to a becoming a Christian, please? What was the turning point?
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2020
Acehart:
Could you tell me how you turned from being a atheist to a becoming a Christian, please? What was the turning point?
Here goes!
I had lots of questions and no answers forthcoming. I tried doing 'Salvation by the grace of God' nonsense during my younger years, with hope that God would reveal himself to me from my doing that, but that never happened. So I instead settled into a logical existence. It was all I had, so I worked with it but the questions never went away, and as the years passed the urge to find answers for each and every question seemed to intensify.

You see, even as a child, I had noticed weird patterns(of events) in my life. The patterns persisted into adulthood, and no matter how much I tried, I just could not explain them away, nor could I put an end to them. Seemed like something was trying to get my attention, and it was leaving 'splatter' in my path to get me to notice. At first I tried to overlook them, but after a certain age, I felt I had to find out the meaning behind those occurrences. I of course tried psychological explanations, but my docs assured it there was nothing psychological that they could find to explain what I kept describing... the meds could not help rid me of the feeling that I was somehow "haunted".
I don't believe in ghosts or demons, so I never sought idiotic explanations as some would assume I should have. But I resolved to go straight to finding the head honcho Himself( the creator of it all) to finally get answers to all that had plagued me.

Long before I had made the decision, I had been researching philosophies and beliefs of all kinds, so it was relatively easy for me to, by process of elimination, decide on which I would pursue and which I taught a waste of my time. It took me years, but eventually I came around to finding the Christian God, but remembering my failed attempts at reaching Him through the 'Salvation and Sanctification' doctrine that used to be popular back in the late 80's, and the more recent 'Salvation by grace of God' doctrine, I decided to in fact approach Him in a scientific manner, by finding out exactly what He wanted and giving Him just that.
I began by reading the Bible from Genesis to Deuteronomy, eventually getting through much of the Old testament. I came away with the understanding that God did not care for our praise and worship... all He ever asked for was trust and obedience. He said this from the beginning. And 'trust and obedience' is what the Israelites denied Him over and over, even though He made it clear it was all He wanted from them from the get-go. Upon discovering this, I resolved to give Him exactly that, my trust and obedience( a lot of mental work went into preparing me for this exercise too). I spent time learning to distrust all of humanity so I could focus all my trust on God(that I still did not know) and God alone.

Before this time, I recalled reading that when asked to teach them to pray, Jesus Christ taught His disciples the Lord's prayer, and since I had zero faith that God heard anything I said back then, I decided in obedience to recite the Lord's prayer whenever I felt I needed help. I did that too for a long time. I would ask Him questions but when frustrated that no answer came, I would recite the Lord's prayer as if therapy for my frustrated mind. I was determined to cross all Ts and dot all Is before moving on to yet another religion.. next on my list was the occult.

Now, I didn't understand Jesus Christ at that time, and I certainly did not understand the why of Christ, but I knew from the Old testament that the two greatest commandments cover all the laws and the prophets and so I decided to work on obeying just those. At the beginning, I had no clue what it meant to love God with all my heart, mind, body and soul, and I didn't really understand how much love was needed to love my neighbor exactly as I loved my own self. But I was determined to accomplish it the best I could, so at least to maybe impress on God the fact that I was desperate for answers to the puzzles that plagued my life.

I worked on my mind... fixing it on loving God the Almighty, Omniscient, creator of all things, the beginning and the end, the top gun, the one from whom everything begins and ends, and is forever. I also worked on loving myself, in order that I could love my neighbor the best way possible, eventually putting all of this to practice serving people at a local pantry. And in a matter of months, I knew I had gotten His attention, as I felt I was being put through tests. Fortunately, I was still reading through the bible and putting to use some of the information I had remembered on what to do when faced with certain situations. Several weeks after that, He showed up.
Given it was my first every supernatural experience ever, I thought my mind had been hacked by aliens or even the Chinese (definitely not the Russians). Not every day you wake up to realizing that we humans are mere bio-robots(our very body and mind can be remotely controlled by powerful forces we cannot see). For a while after that I was scared that I was done for. Went back to my doctors for help, and they could not find anything wrong with me. I almost forced them to get me an EEG of my brain so I could study it for myself.

1 Like

Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 10:45am On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Here goes!
I had lots of questions and no answers forthcoming. I tried doing 'Salvation by the grace of God' nonsense during my younger years, with hope that God would reveal himself to me from my doing that, but that never happened. So I instead settled into a logical existence. It was all I had, so I worked with it but the questions never went away, and as the years passed the urge to find answers for each and every question seemed to intensify.

You see, even as a child, I had noticed weird patterns(of events) in my life. The patterns persisted into adulthood, and no matter how much I tried, I just could not explain them away, nor could I put an end to them. Seemed like something was trying to get my attention, and it was leaving 'splatter' in my path to get me to notice. At first I tried to overlook them, but after a certain age, I felt I had to find out the meaning behind those occurrences. I of course tried psychological explanations, but my docs assured it there was nothing psychological that they could find to explain what I kept describing... the meds could not help rid me of the feeling that I was somehow "haunted".
I don't believe in ghosts or demons, so I never sought idiotic explanations as some would assume I should have. But I resolved to go straight to finding the head honcho Himself( the creator of it all) to finally get answers to all that had plagued me.

Long before I had made the decision, I had been researching philosophies and beliefs of all kinds, so it was relatively easy for me to, by process of elimination, decide on which I would pursue and which I taught a waste of my time. It took me years, but eventually I came around to finding the Christian God, but remembering my failed attempts at reaching Him through the 'Salvation and Sanctification' doctrine that used to be popular back in the late 80's, and the more recent 'Salvation by grace of God' doctrine, I decided to in fact approach Him in a scientific manner, by finding out exactly what He wanted and giving Him just that.
I began by reading the Bible from Genesis to Deuteronomy, eventually getting through much of the Old testament. I came away with the understanding that God did not care for our praise and worship... all He ever asked for was trust and obedience. He said this from the beginning. And 'trust and obedience' is what the Israelites denied Him over and over, even though He made it clear it was all He wanted from them from the get-go. Upon discovering this, I resolved to give Him exactly that, my trust and obedience( a lot of mental work went into preparing me for this exercise too). I spent time learning to distrust all of humanity so I could focus all my trust on God(that I still did not know) and God alone.

Before this time, I recalled reading that when asked to teach them to pray, Jesus Christ taught His disciples the Lord's prayer, and since I had zero faith that God heard anything I said back then, I decided in obedience to recite the Lord's prayer whenever I felt I needed help. I did that too for a long time. I would ask Him questions but when frustrated that no answer came, I would recite the Lord's prayer as if therapy for my frustrated mind. I was determined to cross all Ts and dot all Is before moving on to yet another religion.. next on my list was the occult.

Now, I didn't understand Jesus Christ at that time, and I certainly did not understand the why of Christ, but I knew from the Old testament that the two greatest commandments cover all the laws and the prophets and so I decided to work on obeying just those. At the beginning, I had no clue what it meant to love God with all my heart, mind, body and soul, and I didn't really understand how much love was needed to love my neighbor exactly as I loved my own self. But I was determined to accomplish it the best I could, so at least to maybe impress on God the fact that I was desperate for answers to the puzzles that plagued my life.

I worked on my mind... fixing it on loving God the Almighty, Omniscient, creator of all things, the beginning and the end, the top gun, the one from whom everything begins and ends, and is forever. I also worked on loving myself, in order that I could love my neighbor the best way possible, eventually putting all of this to practice serving people at a local pantry. And in a matter of months, I knew I had gotten His attention, as I felt I was being put through tests. Fortunately, I was still reading through the bible and putting to use some of the information I had remembered on what to do when faced with certain situations. Several weeks after that, He showed up.
Given it was my first every supernatural experience ever, I thought my mind had been hacked by aliens or even the Chinese (definitely not the Russians). Not every day you wake up to realizing that we humans are mere bio-robots(our very body and mind can be remotely controlled by powerful forces we cannot see). For a while after that I was scared that I was done for. Went back to my doctors for help, and they could not find anything wrong with me. I almost forced them to get me an EEG of my brain so I could study it for myself.

Could you speak more on the supernatural experience, please? Do you still have more to say after trying to force the medics to carry out an EEG?
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
Acehart:

Could you speak more on the supernatural experience, please? Do you still have more to say after trying to force the medics to carry out an EEG?
Speak more on the supernatural? It was like someone invaded my mind and was speaking to and through me. The someone was also able to control my own muscles and change my thoughts. Basically, I was possessed by a force that was able to feed it's intentions directly into my mind, and also take control over parts of my brain and my body. What do you want to know?
Of course, I eventually changed my mind about the EEG even after I got my doctor's approval.

1 Like

Re: Crucified With Christ by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
Following...
Kobojunkie:
Here goes!

Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Speak more on the supernatural? It was like someone invaded my mind and was speaking to and through me. The someone was also able to control my own muscles and change my thoughts. Basically, I was possessed by a force that was able to feed it's intentions directly into my mind, and also take control over parts of my brain and my body. What do you want to know?
Of course, I eventually changed my mind about the EEG even after I got my doctor's approval.

I understand what you mean when you spoke about the Salvation and Sanctification doctrines that was thought in the late 80s; I have a book titled “Sanctification“, written by W.F Kumuyi, written in 1988, and I will say it is one of the most misinforming theology on Santification.

You would be the first person I know with the ‘remote control’ phenomenon as a means to knowing God; I envisage that this turning point made it easier for you to identify with Christ. I have read a few of your innumerable comments here on NL; and your narratives borders on:

1. There is no need for a Christian to seek for a teacher of the scriptures outside Christ Himself.
2. Following the commands of Christ will lead one to eternal life.
3. A Christian doesn’t need to fellowship with other Christians (I hope I am right on this one).

On your journey to knowing God, you tried reading the Bible by a decision initiated by you; you tried to love other men by a means initiated by you; and you tried to figure out “the unseen hand” behind several patterns in your life by means initiated by you. But these things are classified as “works” in the scriptures, the antithesis of “Faith“, and they all failed you. Then you spoke of an “invasion” of your mind when you didn’t anticipate it, initiate it or solicit for it; doesn’t that sound like the sudden appearing of Christ to several men in the scriptures from Abraham, to Gideon, to Samson’s parents, to the Samaritan woman etc. which led to their perplexity? I’m sure you were perplexed just like the man who heard the voice saying: “It is hard for you to kick against the goads“.

I stand with you when you say Grace doesn’t save; however, the scriptures shows that it is Grace of God that initiates our salvation; and it is the Grace of God that preserves our salvation. Are these not three stages of Salvation the scriptures says Grace sustains: The Calling and Justification, the Sanctification and the Glorification? We have been called; daily we are sanctified; and eventually when we take our last breathe or when we meet with the Lord physically while we still have breathe, we will be glorified. Our faith in Christ came because He invaded our space and compelled us by His Spirit to believe in Him and we were saved.

You have stated it clearly that it wasn’t your following of Jesus’ command that initiated the invasion of your mind and body; it just happened, without your cooperation - is it not the Grace of God that chose you to experience such a thing?

Your second narrative - the following of Jesus’ command; was it pre- mind invasion, occult-bound, Kobojunkie that followed the command or post- mind invasion Kobojunkie? Only post-invasion Kobojunkie is empowered to follow the Master - this empowerment is the Grace of God. Post-mind invaded Kobojunkie wasn’t a sinner, no more; he did things just as the scriptures says: “it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” You had passed from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light; and something conveyed you - God’s calling - Grace. As you walk back to the Tree of Life, you have stumbled along the way, definitely; but who and what picked you up? Wasn’t it the outstretched arm of the Lord? If you stood up all by your effort, then it was your effort that initiated the invasion.

We are saved in Christ; we are preserved in Christ; we will see Christ. Many will not be saved; do you claim that your salvation occurred and still continues because you are special, or you are the “cat’s meow” or the “dog’s bow-wow”? Of course not, if you weren’t involved in the selection process at the beginning, your spirit should lift up in praise, saying, “Thank you Jesus for saving me” - The Grace of God through Christ, alone, saved you; it is His Grace that will sustain as you follow the commands of Master. Take His grace away as you will be like a jackal wandering in the desert with the hope of life today, but not of tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Acehart:
I understand what you mean when you spoke about the Salvation and Sanctification doctrines that was thought in the late 80s; I have a book on Sanctification written by W.F Kumuyi, written in 1988, and I will say it is one of the most misinforming theology on Santification.
Jesus Christ did not lie when He said that every doctrine and tradition of men are lies that do nothing but nullify the power of God.
Acehart:
You would be the first person I know with the ‘remote control’ phenomenon as a means of knowing God; I envisage that this turning point made it easier for you to identify with Christ. I have read a few of your innumerable comments here on NL; and your narratives borders on:
Didn't make it easier but it opened my eyes to see who Jesus Christ really is as opposed to the image of Him preached from pulpits around the world and beamed now to 100s of millions of people each and every day.
From before the day He formally showed up to me in October of 2017, he had been directing my path, on my quest to learn of Him, and it was only then that I began realizing the meaning of some of the ideas thrown around in churches and among those who claim to know of God. And the more I 'submitted' my will to obeying the information revealed, the closer I got to Him(and I had a knowing of this).
After He showed up, my life was no longer the same. He even caused me to fast for about 40 days(I was able to drink water during the day and break it at 6pm), after which I took my first leap to completely trust His lead and since then, and He has since then provided proof of His being.

Acehart:
1. There is no need for a Christian to seek for a teacher outside Christ.
According to God Himself, and Jesus Christ, No other teacher will do and none is necessary for His truth, He ALONE will disseminate. to His own.

31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,

32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Jesus Christ warned His followers to not set themselves up as teachers over mankind

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Acehart:
2. Following the commands of Christ will lead one to eternal life.
According to Jesus Christ Himself, the only way into the Kingdom of God is to remain in His love, and that by obeying His commandments.
* You must become like a child if you intend on entering into His kingdom

Matthew 14 vs 23-24
23. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
24. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
* All who love him must obey His commandments.

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
Acehart:
3. A Christian doesn’t need to fellowship without other Christians (I hope I am right on this one).
I have yet to "fellowship" with anyone except the Spirit of God(He is always here with me)since october of 2017. Jesus Christ never preached that a fellowship of any kind was necessary except the one with the Spirit of God, our one and only teacher.

John 14 vs 15-21(ERV)
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”
Acehart:
On your journey to knowing God, you tried reading the Bible by a decision initiated by you; you tried to love other men by a means initiated by you; and you tried to figure out “the unseen hand” behind several patterns in your life by means initiated by you. But these things are classified as “works” in the scriptures, the antithesis of “Faith“, and they all failed you.
Who told you they failed me? undecided
And who told you 'works' is the antithesis of faith? undecided
Acehart:
Then you spoke of an “invasion” of your mind when you didn’t anticipate it, initiate it or solicit for it; doesn’t that sound like the sudden appearing of Christ to several men in the scriptures from Abraham, to Gideon, to Samson’s parents, to the Samaritan woman etc. which led to their perplexity? I’m sure you were perplexed just like the man who heard the voice saying: “It is hard for you to kick against the goads“.
No, it doesn't !
I think it was God Himself, not Jesus Christ,because I still didn't know Him. My search was to find my God, not Jesus Christ. And I had a hard time understanding the person of Jesus Christ, even then. I understood the stories I read of Him but I didn't know what 'place' He was meant to occupy in all of God's truth until after the encounter.
And I didn't see anyone at all. I knew some being was there and I almost ran out of the house but I didn't for some weird reason because I also had a knowing that I didn't need to be afraid.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
Acehart:
I stand with you when you say Grace doesn’t save;
I think we should try at this point to understand what grace is.
From what I have learnt from God, grace is the sum total of all the resources(time, days, lifetime, people, relations, paths, opportunities, doubts, fears, situations etc.) that God has made available to every living being to live and eventually lead them back to Him, in order to accomplish His plan for the life in question.
Acehart:
however, the scriptures shows that it is Grace of God that initiates our salvation;
The Scriptures don't show this at all. Instead, you came to this by reading through the letters of Paul as presented to us today.
Acehart:
and it is the Grace of God that preserves our salvation.
The grace of God does not preserve anything. Grace is a collection of resources and tools. Tools are not designed to preserve anything. Those who are followers of Jesus Christ are preserved by the Spirit of God, not by elements of grace.
Acehart:
Are these not three stages of Salvation the scriptures says Grace sustains: The Calling, the Sanctification and the Glorification?
I don't know of those steps.
Acehart:
We have been called; daily we are sanctified;
Sanctified daily? A follower of Jesus Christ is reborn once and for all. The Spirit of God never leaves. In my case, even as I sleep, I know He is there with me even in my dreams.
Acehart:
and eventually when we take our last breath or when we meet with the Lord physically while we still have breathe, we will be glorified. Our faith in Christ came because He invaded our space and compelled us by His Spirit to believe in Him and we were saved.
I am still alive so I cannot tell you what will happen after my death.

Paul's letters were likely meant simply as documentation of his experience as a follower of Jesus Christ. We have only one teacher, and that teacher is the Almighty God of Heaven and Earth Himself, the one whose life we now have and whose Kingdom we are now a part of. Rather than swallowing up what Paul has written as though his words are sufficient to the overriding of God's own Words and commandments to us, what we ought to do as followers of Jesus Christ is not look to them as teachings but instead as possible reference information we could compare our experiences during our own walk with.
Acehart:
You have stated it clearly that it wasn’t your following of Jesus’ command that initiated the invasion of your mind and body; it just happened without your cooperation - is it not the Grace of God that chose you to experience such a thing?
Nope! It was God Himself that chose me for that experience! Again read the passage below to see what God said He would do and understand that is what happened in my case.

31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
I asked Him and He told me that He had been leading me, even when I was not aware of it from before my beginning.
Acehart:
Your second narrative - the following of Jesus’ command; was it pre- mind invasion, occult-bound, Kobojunkie that followed the command or post- mind invasion Kobojunkie?
My pre-mind self that read what was written in the Bible and followed made the decision to follow the instructions as written in the book. At the time, I was not aware of the definite end result of what I was working on, but I wanted to cross my Ts and dot my Is as far as seeking out the Christian God was concerned.
Acehart:
Only post-invasion Kobojunkie is empowered to follow the Master - this empowerment is the Grace of God.
No, empowerment of any kind felt. Sorry!
The empowerment came only afterwards, not before. And according to what I have now learned, He, God Himself, had His hand in everything that happened to me, from before I even came to know and desire Him.
Acehart:
Post-mind invaded Kobojunkie wasn’t a sinner, no more; he did things just as the scriptures says:
Nah! I was a sinner when I made the decision to try God, and God responded by showing me signs(breadcrumbs) which I made the decision at each point to follow, eventually leading me to where He had been all this while, right there with me.
Acehart:
it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” You had passed from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light; and something conveyed you - God’s calling, Grace. As you walk back to the Tree of Life, you have stumbled along the way, definitely; but who and what picked you up? Wasn’t it the outstretched arm of the Lord? If you stood up all by your effort, then it was your effort that initiated the invasion.
According to God, it was Him, not grace(a tool box) that called out to me. He put the doubts, the fears, the questions, etc. in my mind from the beginning. And I had to respond appropriately at each turn. That is the difference between myself and, say, someone else who is finding themselves in a similar situation, making different choices.
Acehart:
We are saved in Christ; we are preserved in Christ; we will see Christ. Many will not be saved; do you claim that your salvation occurred and still continues because you are special, or you are the “cat’s meow” or the “dog bow-wow”? Of course not, if you weren’t involved in the selection process at the beginning, your spirit should lift up in praise, saying, “Thank you Jesus” for saving me” - The Grace of God through Christ, alone, saved you; it is His Grace that will sustain as you follow the commands of Master. Take His grace away as you will be like a jackal wandering in the desert with the hope of life today, but not of tomorrow.
Again, God did not tell us that we are saved by Grace. Man attempted that, but God never told us that. Grace is a box of tools and every human being has a toolbox (contents vary of course)
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
AceHart, another supernatural event, took place sometime between February and April of 2018, only a couple of months after He showed up. I heard the host of Heaven pronounce blessings on me, calling out my name and declaring me blessed.
I had woken up to use the bathroom and my head felt as though a migraine was coming on (yes, I used to suffer migraines back before all of this), but moments later, I started sensing the presence of some beings with me. One by one they each pronounced blessings, about 24 times i heard the same repeated, and then the final voice, a voice with greater authority, declared me highly blessed, and then that was it.
My mind needed an explanation of what had happened that night and I sought to tag it on my mum. I had a memory of the occurrence so I could not simply pretend it didn't happen. I wasn't thinking at all...as I was willing to believe my mum's voice was able to project from a distance of over 1000-mile away into my head. Called her the morning of the day and asked her if she said one of her prayers for me again. She explained that she had been too tired after work the day before and had not indeed woken up to pray that night.
I eventually had to accept what happened did in fact happen, and I believe that every born again out there ought to have a similar experience.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I think we should try at this point to understand what grace is.
From what I have learnt from God, grace is the sum total of all the resources(time, days, lifetime, people, relations, paths, opportunities, doubts, fears, situations etc.) that God has made available to every living being to live and eventually lead them back to Him, in order to accomplish His plan for the life in question.

John 1:17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

Hi, hope your day went well?
Grace: we know that Grace has been defined, correctly, as God’s goodness or favor or blessings, bestowed on those who do not deserve it. From this definition that we can say of grace that it is the mind or countenance of God. Like the sun’s light is spread through several spectra, so is God’s intention to the fallen man is spread through time, days, lifetime, people, relations, paths, opportunities, doubts, fears, situations etc. Yet, the sun is not the sum total of all spectra of light; the sun is the light. But you have made the cause to be the sum of effects. God’s decision to elect anyone before considering the tools is termed ‘Grace‘. Didn’t He tell Jeremiah: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you." If the consecration of Jeremiah and knowledge of Jeremiah by God was before he was formed in the womb, is it correct to say he was known before his mother was born? is it also correct to say that this consecration and knowledge was determined before Genesis 1:1? If this is so, where is the place in God for this factors you stated: time, days, lifetime, people, relations, paths, opportunities, doubts, fears, situations?

Kobojunkie:
The Scriptures don't show this at all. Instead, you came to this by reading through the letters of Paul as presented to us today.

I hope you are very knowledgeable regarding the discussion Abraham had with God concerning Sodom and Gomorrah; what set-off the discussion? If you are not very knowledgeable concerning this narrative, you can glance at that portion of the scriptures and realize that it is the Grace of God that’s initiates salvation. You would also come to this conclusion after reading the Book of Jonah.

Kobojunkie:
The grace of God does not preserve anything. Grace is a collection of resources and tools. Tools are not designed to preserve anything. Those who are followers of Jesus Christ are preserved by the Spirit of God, not by elements of grace.

You are correct in saying that we preserved by the Spirit of God as the scriptures says: In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,. However, I never spoke of the elements of grace which you listed above as the means of salvation; I have always spoken of God’s intention vis-à-vis His action - Grace, to preserve our salvation in Christ; the scripture says, “O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who preserves the covenant and lovingkindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments”. God is gracious. His graciousness leads to salvation and keeps it, indeed.

Kobojunkie:
I don't know of those steps. Sanctified daily? A follower of Jesus Christ is reborn once and for all. The Spirit of God never leaves. In my case, even as I sleep, I know He is there with me even in my dreams.
I am still alive so I cannot tell you what will happen after my death.

These are the stages of our salvation:
1. Justification: Being reborn once and for all.
2. Sanctification: The daily process of killing our carnal proclivities through the renewing of our minds, our chastisement from God etc.
3. Glorification: When a new body springs out from our dying bodies.

Kobojunkie:
No, empowerment of any kind felt. Sorry!
The empowerment came only afterwards, not before.

This is not different from what I said. I’m now acquainted with what your viewpoints are.

May the Lord be with you.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 4:36am On Jul 29, 2020
Acehart:
John 1:17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

John 1:15
15. John told people about him. He said loudly, “This is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘The one who is coming after me is greater than I am, because he was living before I was even born.’”
16. Yes, the Word was full of grace and truth, and from him we all received one blessing after another.[d]
17. That is, the law was given to us through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18. No one has ever seen God. The only Son is the one who has shown us what God is like. He is himself God and is very close to the Father.[e]

Indeed, through Christ, more grace has indeed come to us.
Acehart:
Hi, hope your day went well?
Grace: we know that Grace has been defined, correctly, as God’s goodness or favor or blessings, bestowed on those who do not deserve it. From this definition that we can say of grace that it is the mind or countenance of God. Like the sun’s light is spread through several spectra, so is God’s intention to the fallen man is spread through time, days, lifetime, people, relations, paths, opportunities, doubts, fears, situations etc. Yet, the sun is not the sum total of all spectra of light; the sun is the light. But you have made the cause to be the sum of effects. God’s decision to elect anyone before considering the tools is termed ‘Grace‘. Didn’t He tell Jeremiah: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you." If the consecration of Jeremiah and knowledge of Jeremiah by God was before he was formed in the womb, is it correct to say he was known before his mother was born? is it also correct to say that this consecration and knowledge was determined before Genesis 1:1? If this is so, where is the place in God for this factors you stated: time, days, lifetime, people, relations, paths, opportunities, doubts, fears, situations?
But God’s goodness or favor or blessings is bestowed on ALL mankind. God is not a G0d of favoritism, said Peter!

Acts 10:34
34. Then Peter began to speak: "I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism"

God's counternance, and His mercy, He shines on both the wicked and the righteous alike. Look around the world you live in to see how true this truly is.

Deuteronomy 10:17
17. For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God, showing no partiality and accepting no bribe.

So, How can grace of God then have a meaning that suggests God does indeed show favoritism of some kind, especially to some and not all of the wicked or all of the righteous?

Is there anyone, man or woman, who is deserving of God's favor or mercy?undecided
None, after all there is none good, no not one. So what does it even mean to suggest that grace is God's underserved favor/blessings/goodness. It means absolutely nothing.

God does not weigh His decisions on whether a man is deserving of what He gives or not, because God is a just God. God is perfect -He loves the righteous and the unrighteous the same. And He chose from the beginning to send His only begotten son to prove that to all mankind, His hands remain open, leaving the choice as to whether to obey Him or not in the hands of each and every man still, just as He did in the old Covenant.

Acehart:
I hope you are very knowledgeable regarding the discussion Abraham had with God concerning Sodom and Gomorrah; what set-off the discussion? If you are not very knowledgeable concerning this narrative, you can glance at that portion of the scriptures and realize that it is the Grace of God that’s initiates salvation. You would also come to this conclusion after reading the Book of Jonah.
I don't see what you mean at all by the grace of God initiating Salvation in either scenario. In both cases, I see God decide to show mercy to whomever He chooses. By God's grace, you do not refer to God's mercy at all, do you?
Acehart:
You are correct in saying that we preserved by the Spirit of God as the scriptures says: In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,. However, I never spoke of the elements of grace which you listed above as the means of salvation; I have always spoken of God’s intention vis-à-vis His action - Grace, to preserve our salvation in Christ; the scripture says, “O Lord God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who preserves the covenant and lovingkindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments”. God is gracious. His graciousness leads to salvation and keeps it, indeed.
Yes, God is gracious alright , but His graciousness does not lead to salvation, else every man and women would be saved by it. God's grace is upon every living man He ever created. If His graciousness in fact leads to salvation as you claim, then all men will indeed be saved in the end. You and I know that is not the case.
Acehart:

These are the stages of our salvation:
1. Justification: Being reborn once and for all.
2. Sanctification: The daily process of killing our carnal proclivities through the renewing of our minds, our chastisement from God etc.
3. Glorification: When a new body springs out from our dying bodies.
Oh boy! This brings back memories of the old Salvation-the-Sanctification rubbish that I also attempted as a youth. Look, the problem with all of these remains that Jesus Christ never separated the path He gave us into different stages. All He taught was obedience, leading to one becoming a follower of His.
Remember the rich man who asked Jesus Christ what it would take for him to become a Child of God? Jesus Christ didn't suggest there was a stage or more left for the rich man to complete. What Jesus Christ simply did instead was point out to the rich man the one commandment that he, the rich man, was yet to obey in order to qualify as His, Jesus Christ's, follower.

The doctrines and traditions of men have indeed done what Jesus Christ warned they would in the lives of those who claim to belong to Him.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Indeed, through Christ, more grace has indeed come to us.
But God’s goodness or favor or blessings is bestowed on ALL mankind. God is not a G0d of favoritism, said Peter!

God's counternance, and His mercy, He shines on both the wicked and the righteous alike. Look around the world you live in to see how true this truly is.

So, How can grace of God then have a meaning that suggests God does indeed show favoritism of some kind, especially to some and not all of the wicked or all of the righteous?

Is there anyone, man or woman, who is deserving of God's favor or mercy?undecided
None, after all there is none good, no not one. So what does it even mean to suggest that grace is God's underserved favor/blessings/goodness. It means absolutely nothing.

God does not weigh His decisions on whether a man is deserving of what He gives or not, because God is a just God. God is perfect -He loves the righteous and the unrighteous the same. And He chose from the beginning to send His only begotten son to prove that to all mankind, His hands remain open, leaving the choice as to whether to obey Him or not in the hands of each and every man still, just as He did in the old Covenant.

I don't see what you mean at all by the grace of God initiating Salvation in either scenario. In both cases, I see God decide to show mercy to whomever He chooses. By God's grace, you do not refer to God's mercy at all, do you?
Yes, God is gracious alright , but His graciousness does not lead to salvation, else every man and women would be saved by it. God's grace is upon every living man He ever created. If His graciousness in fact leads to salvation as you claim, then all men will indeed be saved in the end. You and I know that is not the case.
Oh boy! This brings back memories of the old Salvation-the-Sanctification rubbish that I also attempted as a youth. Look, the problem with all of these remains that Jesus Christ never separated the path He gave us into different stages. All He taught was obedience, leading to one becoming a follower of His.
Remember the rich man who asked Jesus Christ what it would take for him to become a Child of God? Jesus Christ didn't suggest there was a stage or more left for the rich man to complete. What Jesus Christ simply did instead was point out to the rich man the one commandment that he, the rich man, was yet to obey in order to qualify as His, Jesus Christ's, follower.

The doctrines and traditions of men have indeed done what Jesus Christ warned they would in the lives of those who claim to belong to Him.

The gospel is as vast as the galaxies put together; yes, much wider. None can know the vast beauty of the gospel; So we fellowship with all saints so that we may try to acquiesce what the breadth and length and height and depth of the glories of Christ is.

If you have a portion of the breath of the gospel, why don’t you give someone else the benefit of a doubt that he has apprehended a portion of the height of its galaxies of glory, so that your joy in Christ may multiply?

I have been saved for about twenty-five years now. I don’t think I was as zealous or knowledgeable as you are in the first five years of my walk; but I can tell you this: Your walk is still tender; and you will see things clearer and better as your legs walks farther, for sure.

You need to show restraint in many of your approach to people here because many are tender and many are searching for the truth (even those who pretend to be something when they are not); don’t serve as a stumbling block to their salvation because you are going gung-ho on their stance concerning any matter. Just be an example of humility and strength and restraint.

May the Lord continue to be with you.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
Acehart:
The gospel is as vast as the galaxies put together; yes, much wider. None can know the vast beauty of the gospel; So we fellowship with all saints so that we may try to acquiesce what the breadth and length and height and depth of the glories of Christ is.
WHAT? shocked
How can the gospel of the good news of Jesus Christ/The Kingdom of God be said to be "Vast"?
The Gospel is a contract agreement, much like your Health Insurance policy or your Cell Phone contract. How can it be vast? The New Covenant that is The gospel is the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, contract agreement with a lighter yoke(about 8 blessings, 10 woes/curses, 7 commandments for qualification, about 46 commandments in total, 3 promises), and a burden that is easy(die to your self/will). The Old Covenant has about 613 commandments, about 20 blessings, 27 curses, 1 2 for qualification, 2 promises - much heavier than the New Covenant, yet not vast.

The glories of Jesus Christ is not the Gospel though, and that is revealed after one accepts the contract/New Covenant, submitting to the lead of the Spirit of God, and God's Will and command.
Acehart:
If you have a portion of the breath of the gospel, why don’t you give someone else the benefit of a doubt that he has apprehended a portion of the height of its galaxies of glory, so that your joy in Christ may multiply?
One thing you have to keep reminding self about TRUTH is this. TRUTH cannot have multiple meanings for then it seizes to be TRUTH - TRUTH can only have one meaning and one meaning alone. Jesus Christ is the TRUTH of God and any meaning/idea/notion different from that which Jesus Christ gave in His teachings is no longer His TRUTH as it seizes to be of God.

Remember and ponder what Jesus Christ said of the Doctrines and ways of men.. He said it NULLIFIES the power of God... He told us more than 2000 years ago of how by manipulating His truth, we remove God from the equation that is our lives and our existence. Look around and see that that is what happened. That is the reason why Christianity today does not even remotely compare with Christianity when the disciples first began.

Acehart:
I have been saved for about twenty-five years now. I don’t think I was as zealous or knowledgeable as you are in the first five years of my walk; but I can tell you this: Your walk is still tender; and you will see things clearer and better as your legs walks farther, for sure.
5 years Ke? Jesus is Lord!
Acehart:
You need to show restraint in many of your approach to people here because many are tender and many are searching for the truth (even those who pretend to be something when they are not); don’t serve as a stumbling block to their salvation because you are going gung-ho on their stance concerning any matter. Just be an example of humility and strength and restraint.
I need to show 'restraint' in telling the the TRUTH as Jesus Christ presented it. Why? undecided

If the very truth of Jesus Christ causes another to stumble, pray tell, does that then not bring to question the foundation on which said "Salvation" is built atop of? undecided
If a house is built on faulty foundations, shouldn't that house best be brought completely down so a new and stronger foundation, built atop the Truth of God can be installed instead? undecided

My humility is not to any human being... it is to God and God alone. My strength is supplied me from God and God alone.

My job... your job...is not to be nice or consider anyone's feelings but to do what, and as Jesus Christ commanded, which is to teach His Truth as He taught it.
It is only when we do exactly as He commands that He is able to use our work for His glory. When we make it our place to 'water down' what He says or 'tailor' His truth to fit our presumed needs of the men He brings for us to speak to, the resulting works become filthy rags to Him.
Re: Crucified With Christ by sonmvayina(m): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
This your condition word Ave been easily solved by a visit to a psychiatric hospital... They put u on medication.. This is a typical case of schizophrenia... Am really sorry for you.. Seek expert care.. @Kobojunkie
Re: Crucified With Christ by Dantedasz(m): 4:22am On Jul 30, 2020
Missyajoke:

Your consistency in lifting other people's literary works passing it off as your own and consistently failing to credit them is saddening. Despite being admonished in the past about plagiarism and intellectual property theft you have continued this in an unrepentant manner. Is it too much to credit the source of this article? I am not a Christian but what you are doing is totally against the tenets of christianity.

THE LINK BELOW LEADS TO THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sermons.faithlife.com/sermons/284805-crucified-with-christ&ved=2ahUKEwiHrpeggPTqAhWCyYUKHZMgAOsQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0PV_fujCQapjLUttEU5lGf&cshid=1596078667600

1 Like

Re: Crucified With Christ by Acehart: 7:55am On Jul 30, 2020
Dantedasz:

Your consistency in lifting other people's literary works passing it off as your own and consistently failing to credit them is saddening. Despite being admonished in the past about plagiarism and intellectual property theft you have continued this in an unrepentant manner. Is it too much to credit the source of this article? I am not a Christian but what you are doing is totally against the tenets of christianity.

Yes, very saddening. In addition to theft, she adds an unhealthy dose of jealousy to other people’s writings that make it to the front-page.
Re: Crucified With Christ by Missyajoke(f): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2020
Dantedasz:

undecided undecided undecided
So how does it affect you.
Its joblessness that's making you to search for sermons now. Seems you're jobless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"To Whom Little Is Forgiven, The Same Loves Little"— JESUS (from Book Of Luke) / Fr. Mbaka Fires Back As Native Doctor Threatened Prince Gozie Okeke (akanchawa) / Beware of Churches owned by Occult Groups and Occult Masters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 322
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.