Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,965 members, 7,821,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo (685 Views)

Heavy Explosions, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead / Shooting In Aso Rock: PDP Raises Alarm, Demands President Buhari's Response / Gunshots Rock PDP Primaries In Makurdi, One Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by prof2007: 2:36am On Jul 26, 2020
About 10 persons sustained wounds from gunshots at a rally of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Benin, Edo state. The rally, which was held on Saturday, was to kick off campaign activities for Godwin Obaseki, governor of the state and candidate of the PDP in the September 19 governorship election.

The governor had led Uche Secondus, national chairman of the party, and other chieftains of the party to the palace and were returning to Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium for the campaign when the incident happened. Sources said the PDP campaign train had clashed with some supporters of the opposing All Progressives Congress (APC) while making their way to the stadium.

“We were by the palace gate, and when the governor’s entourage was coming, we still stood there and suddenly we started hearing sporadic gunshots,” one of the sources said. “People started running, falling over each other, and about 10 people have sustained injuries.”

Chris Nehikaira, PDP spokesperson in Edo state, also told TheCable that the campaign was peaceful but “some elements loyal to the APC tried to disrupt the visit of the governor to the palace”.

When contacted, Chidi Nwabuzor, police spokesperson in Edo, said he is yet to get details of how it happened. “I wasn’t there, so I am trying to speak with those on the ground so that we can give an accurate account,” he said.

The governorship race is between Obaseki and Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of the APC.

SOURCE: https://www.thecable.ng/10-wounded-as-gunshots-rock-pdp-campaign-train-in-edo
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by Brandstudio01: 3:02am On Jul 26, 2020
Hnnm
These is something electronic voting system would've pit an end to. But unfortunately our politicians prefer this type of News for their selfish nature

1 Like

Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by Aflix(m): 3:49am On Jul 26, 2020
Na wa ooooo No sure if I go still vote again oooo
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by Comedian2019: 3:54am On Jul 26, 2020
Thugs can die for what they will never benefit from.

1 Like

Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by helinues: 4:56am On Jul 26, 2020
Edolites, use yah brain and don't be used by wicked politicians
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:00am On Jul 26, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Hnnm
These is something electronic voting system would've pit an end to. But unfortunately our politicians prefer this type of News for their selfish nature
While their children stay in their rented/bought apartment abroad!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by cjwalter(m): 5:38am On Jul 26, 2020
I won't pit any youth injured or killed in this Edo state election, please all this politician are the same, don't kill yourself because of 5k or 10k they don't care about you sincerely is your family that will bear the the loss.be wise
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by pman096(m): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2020
Nigeria my Kwantri!!
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by bossvinqualad25(m): 6:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Thats the trade mark of our politicians always using the youths as a tool of destabilization,lets clean up ur houses,schools,estates nd fumigate in a professional way ,check my signature for more details.
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by OVB123: 6:06am On Jul 26, 2020
"A chick that will grow into a cock can be spoted the very day it hatches" the tell taled signs are there for everyone to see, that the next election will not be a free and fair one. God help obaseki to triumph.
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 26, 2020
Hmm Edo go Hot
Who get ear make he hear
Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by Brandstudio01: 8:27am On Jul 26, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

While their children stay in their rented/bought apartment abroad!!!
I'm telling you!

1 Like

Re: 10 Wounded As Gunshots Rock PDP Campaign Train In Edo by sinistermind(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2020
I feel this election will be a bloody one. May God be with Edo state indigenes in Edo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Awolowo’s Eldest Daughter, Tola Oyediran Dies At 79 / Don't Be Deceived No Apc/buhari Supporter Supports #endsars / PH Residents Continues The Endsars Protest On Saturday: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.