Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,663 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans (339 Views)

My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by IkwerrePikin: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2020
Africans wise up and read this with open mind.

White people used religion to enslave Africans and it is happening till date. Religion is man made. The same white people who destroyed our kingdoms, enslave our people, stole our artifacts and force us to learn their language and culture, declaring our African way of communicating with God as devilish, is the same White people who brought bible to us, asking us to believe the Bible so we shall be forgiven from our sins. My brother between the white man who committed such atrocities and innocent black man that was living peacefully in Africa, before they brought bible story of Jesus dying for innocent Africans for our so called sins, who really needs to be forgiven?? See below

Sir John Hawkins, the first slave-ship captain to bring African slaves to the Americas, was a religious man who insisted that his crew “serve God daily” and “love one another.” His ship, ironically called “The Good Ship Jesus,” left the shores of his native England for Africa in October 1562.

Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2020
Nice one keep it up

Also try to add the Arab slave trade too

Don't forget Muhammed himself had African slaves

5 Likes

Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by Juliusmomoh: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2020
Beliver's should take note of that OP
Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by Blitzerz: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Forget this narrative

Even Africans once enslaved themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by olaric(m): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2020
You are obviously sick and in dire need of a spiritual doctor to take care of you. You antagonist of Christianity are busy going about looking for some piece of thrash to discredit our faith; but you always fail in the end. "You can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth..."
Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by jplusnaira: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2020
Hmm
Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by kingxsamz(m): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
olaric:
You are obviously sick and in dire need of a spiritual doctor to take care of you. You antagonist of Christianity are busy going about looking for some piece of thrash to discredit our faith; but you always fail in the end. "You can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth..."

A slave who's in love with his chains.
That you right there. cheesy

Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by olaric(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
kingxsamz:

A slave who's in love with his chains.
That you right there. cheesy

I can feel your frustrations even miles away from you. You called me a "slave;" can't deny that--a slave of Christ is what I am and I am never ashamed of that. Christ is my Lord and Saviour no doubt about that. Now, let's hear you openly and proudly proclaim your allegiance to that idol or God of yours you lost soul.
Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Africans wise up and read this with open mind.

White people used religion to enslave Africans and it is happening till date. Religion is man made. The same white people who destroyed our kingdoms, enslave our people, stole our artifacts and force us to learn their language and culture, declaring our African way of communicating with God as devilish, is the same White people who brought bible to us, asking us to believe the Bible so we shall be forgiven from our sins. My brother between the white man who committed such atrocities and innocent black man that was living peacefully in Africa, before they brought bible story of Jesus dying for innocent Africans for our so called sins, who really needs to be forgiven?? See below

Sir John Hawkins, the first slave-ship captain to bring African slaves to the Americas, was a religious man who insisted that his crew “serve God daily” and “love one another.” His ship, ironically called “The Good Ship Jesus,” left the shores of his native England for Africa in October 1562.

Who then gave the Ethiopians the Bible? undecided

Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Nice one keep it up

Also try to add the Arab slave trade too

Don't forget Muhammed himself had African slaves

I guess his history lesson didn't go back that far. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christians See How Your Catholic Church First Enslaved Africans by IkwerrePikin: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Who then gave the Ethiopians the Bible? undecided

And what is the content of that said bible, any story of jesus and how did it got to Ethiopia?

If only you know the answer to this.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Beginning Of Woes ‘before Lord Returns’ / Blasphemy: Kano Court Sentences Singer To Death / Two Christian Missionaries Turn Iranian Prison To A Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.