Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,073 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:23 AM

NIMC: Extorting Nigerians Since 1914 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC: Extorting Nigerians Since 1914 (252 Views)

Nigeria’s 22 Chief Justices Since 1914 / Nnamdi Kanu Joyful As Southern Governors Meet For The First Time Since 1914, But / New Taxes, Charges Buhari Govt Has Imposed On Nigerians Since 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC: Extorting Nigerians Since 1914 by SailorUgo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
I’ve come to realize that for everything bad that happens in Nigeria, someone is always benefiting. In fact, there are people whose sole job is to cause chaos, frustrate or delay things for the sole aim of benefiting from that thing.

Let me not wail too much... because talking about the problems of Nigeria can take my lifetime.
So today I saw a crowd on my street and decide to check what was going on.
I discovered that it was people who were registering to get the NIMC (NIN) national identification number.

I was surprised because I never saw any form of advert that such thing will be happening there today.
When I asked around, I was told that this was some sort of special registration.
All applicants must pay 10,000 naira to get registered. Less if you can bargain or have someone that know someone but never less than 5,000 naira.
THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE.

The painful part of the issue is that 90% of these people are youths. Youths who should know better. Who should insist on the right thing being done.

Do I blame them? I also have had to cut corners to get things done for me.

In fact there is nothing you want to do in this country that you wouldn’t have to bribe your way through.

When I asked why the registration was being done in a “coded” manner, I was told that it was illegal and that these people change location everyday so that the police will not catch them.

Imagine collecting 10,000 per person where you have over 1000 everyday. These people are making a lot of money.

I was told that one Oga at Alausa is the one who gives them all the necessary materials to do the job.

Have you noticed how difficult it is now to get your identity card? In fact it could take you two years to get the permanent plastic card. They will tell you that the materials are not readily available.

They do everything to make sure they frustrate you.

This my wailing don dey long abeg angry angry angry

Youths wake up!!

Naija I dey HAIL OO
I have a 17 seconds video... can’t post it here

Re: NIMC: Extorting Nigerians Since 1914 by GMBuhari: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
first of all this is very very sad

secondly and most heartbreaking is : those people may not work for NIMC , yes, they can have their systems , register people for reals and even print paper copies of confirmation and it could still be a scam

Personally i'll never understand why people are shedding 10k from their pockets during this time of crisis , unless if FG is planning to pay benefits to Nigerians with NIMC card , if that's the case everyone would have heard , it can't be coded

my advise ? steer clear and observe

Unless of course if they issue plastic card immediately
Re: NIMC: Extorting Nigerians Since 1914 by Bkayyy: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Wow, I registered with 1,000 naira last week. I thought I was cheated but from what am seeing, some people are more desperate than me
Re: NIMC: Extorting Nigerians Since 1914 by austine4real(m): 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
shocked sad angry

Jesus Christ said on the cross or Calvary

IT IS FINISHED FOR NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

Slavery Is A Necessary Evil / Chinese Government Finally Reacts To Alleged Plot To Take Nigeria’s Sovereignty / Edo State House Of Assembly Newly-elected Speaker, Victor E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.