Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church (2179 Views)

Sit-at-home: Gunmen Shot A Man Dead In Anambra (graphic Photos) / Armed Robber Shot By An Uber Driver During Attempted Robbery!! / Gunmen Shot Dead After Policeman Pretended To Be A Robber. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by damiloladuke: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
Two gunmen were shot dead by a worshipper during an attempted robbery attack in a South African church, yesterday, during a church service.

They were shot dead by Pieter van der Westhuizen, the brother of South African rugby legend Joost van der Westhuizen.

According to reports, the three robbers stormed the Querencia Ministries church in Wierda Park, Centurion, South Africa, on Sunday and proceeded to try and rob members of the congregation at gunpoint.

According to Netwerk24, two of the robbers were then killed by Pieter van der Westhuizen who was among the congregation. The third robber was wounded but managed to escape using the car they came with.

According to Ruan Heyns of the Community Emergency Response Team, the pastor of the church, Kobus Erasmus and other worshippers were pushed around and pistol-whipped by the men.

According to Ruan, at one point one of the robbers reportedly held a pistol to Erasmus’ head.

The shooter, Van der Westhuizen – a former police officer himself, is co-operating with the police investigation and his lawyer Ulrich Roux has said his client acted in self-defence when he used the weapon to shoot the attackers.

The shooter’s older brother, Joost van der Westhuizen, made 89 appearances in test matches for the national team, scoring 38 tries and participated in three Rugby World Cups. He died in 2017 after being diagnosed with motor neurone disease.

https://lailasnews.com/gunmen-shot-dead-by-worshipper-during-attempted-robbery-in-church/

lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
grin
My kind of man!

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Waylex21(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
Who robs worshippers in their place of worship? No fear of the sacred anymore

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by overdrive(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
Even in church Na hell fire straight for these dead bandits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Baawaa(m): 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
They will report to hell fire
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Righteousness89(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
Robbing a Church on a Sunday Service..
These are Really Perilous times...

I wonder what He will tell My Father in Heaven!

LORD JESUS we are in your Hands....

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by kingthreat(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
Just took a look at the dead church robber. It had to be a black South African
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nice one
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Shortbreadkah: 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Smh angry
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by onward4life(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2020
Blackman down

Blacklivessucks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by WhosendWho(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
SA Creed ��
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
No be chaiz
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by uglodoh(f): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
Righteousness89:
Robbing a Church on a Sunday Service..
These are Really Perilous times...

I wonder what He will tell My Father in Heaven!

LORD JESUS we are in your Hands....

What of the man that killed the robbers, where will he go to had it been he died during the shootout.?
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
A failed mission of an attempted robbery. The only winning card for the selfless shooter are the witnesses (worshippers). They are his insurance.
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Purplekush(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
Erased forever from the human race like each and everyone of us would. It's just natural selection.

**Just thinking... in 100 years time, most (if not all) of us will be non-existent and prolly 4gotn.
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Mgtowmonk: 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Friendlyjoe: 1:40am On Jul 28, 2020
Some Jack Bauer shii right there. But what prompt the shooter to attend church with his gun?
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 28, 2020
damiloladuke:

The shooter, Van der Westhuizen – a former police officer himself, is co-operating with the police investigation and his lawyer Ulrich Roux has said his client acted in self-defence when he used the

Saying he's a police officer is simply stating the obvious. The moment I saw the pictures, I recognized that he was a security operative. You simply can't mistake it.

You can see the gun-handling from the picture. Perfect! Only a trained hand can hold a gun that way. A properly trained hand, that is. And look at the way he's standing. The eyes positioning too.

Reminds me of how my dad used to wield his revolver back then. cool

Meanwhile, the police should let the dude go ASAP. He hasn't done nothing wrong.

One of the reasons I kind of admire these Afrikaans though. They don't take sh!t.

I can't stop looking at that picture, man. smiley Perfect execution.
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by ThatFairGuy1: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2020
They bargained more than their wants. Serves them right. But, how will that shooter's case be judge IN COURT OF LAW? Man slaughter or what
Re: Gunmen Shot Dead By Worshipper During Attempted Robbery In Church by illicit(m): 7:57am On Jul 28, 2020
Serves them right

(1) (Reply)

Cameroonian Man Stabs His Girlfriend To Death Infront Of Their 2 Children (pix) / One Man Down As They Try To Highjacked Ballot Box During Election (video Below) / Update: Mob Stoned Driver To Death In Akure Almost Killed His Parent - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.