Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget (3679 Views)

Diagnostic Tools, Programmers, Key Programmers, Key Cloners. All In Here / Diagnostic Scanners : From Diy To Top Level Diagnostic Tools. Follow This Thread / End Of Year- Highly Discounted - Car Diagnostic Tools Of Different Type & Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
Zane2point4:
Cylinder 1 misfire
Knock sensor malfunction
Maf circuit high.

My car doesn't jerk, rough idle nor slow. But i was surprised i randlomly scanned nd got those codes.

Pls explain.
[color=#006600]

If there are no such faults the diagnostics tools will not return those faults. The best you can do is to get a professional to fully repair your car. A stitch in time saves nine

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by ozone0801(m): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
How much?
Which cat brand/brands can it scan?
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by Zane2point4(m): 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
Cylinder 1 misfire
Knock sensor malfunction
Maf circuit high.

My car doesn't jerk, rough idle nor slow. But i was surprised i randlomly scanned nd got those codes.

Pls explain.
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
On-board diagnostics (OBD) is a term referring to a vehicle's self-diagnostic and reporting capability. OBD systems give the vehicle owner or repair technician access to the status of the various vehicle sub-systems. The amount of diagnostic information available via OBD has varied widely since its introduction in the early 1980s versions of on-board vehicle computers. Early versions of OBD would simply illuminate a malfunction indicator light if a problem was detected but would not provide any information as to the nature of the problem. Modern OBD implementations use a standardized digital communications port to provide real-time data in addition to a standardized series of diagnostic trouble codes, or DTCs, which allow a person to rapidly identify and remedy malfunctions within the vehicle.

All cars and light trucks built and sold in the United States after January 1, 1996 were required to be OBD II equipped. In general, this means all 1996 model year cars and light trucks are compliant, even if built in late 1995.

The OBD Port, is the location where you can plug in any OBD tool into the vehicle to pull vehicle information. It is also the primary location of tracking devices such as dongles as the port provides ongoing power to the device. There are two generations of OBD ports, OBD1 and OBD2

The location of OBD port varies as shown the images attached

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by Zane2point4(m): 1:47am On Jul 28, 2020
SOTechAfrica:
[color=#006600]

If there are no such faults the diagnostics tools will not return those faults. The best you can do is to get a professional to fully repair your car. A stitch in time saves nine
Where are u located,
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2020
Zane2point4:

Where are u located,

Our office is at AOSEE Plaza, Festac Town, Lagos. We only sell car diagnostic tools and other car care tools, we dont do repair at the moment.

There are many professional here who can help you solve your car problems. Thank you once again sir
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 11:26am On Aug 07, 2020
There are many types of car diagnostic tools with different brand names like launch, autel and many other types with different models.

The entry level OBD2 diagnostic tools that can scan engine are ELM327 Scanner
ELM327 OBDII Scanners are designed to help you diagnose issues with your vehicle, you will probably need additional software or hardware. These devices serve as a bridge between the onboard computer of your vehicle and your handheld devices such as computers, smartphones and tablets and via wired USB, WiFi or Bluetooth.
When using with a proper OBD2 App, you may
Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes,
Reset check engine light,
View freeze frame data,
View live sensor data,
Create your own dashboard
Know whether your vehicle is ready for smog check
And more to discover!
The app determines the features you can get from the car. And the cost of the varies from $10-$50.

ELM Scanners are from N4000 and above

MS309 obd2 scanner car diagnostic code reader displays monitor and i/m readiness status (emissions). It shows code definition on screen. Though small in size, it is powerful enough european and asian vehicles, easily determines the cause of the check engine light (mil), retrieves generic (p0, p2, p3, and u0) and manufacturer specific (p1, p3, and u1) codes, turns off check engine light (mil), clears codes and resets monitors

displays dtc definitions on unit screen, views freeze frame data displays monitor and i / m readiness status (emissions). Bilingual interface and dtc definitions in english, spanish, french, german.Etc retrieves vehicle information (vin, cin and cvn). Supports can (controller area network) and all other current obd-ii protocols. Large easy-to-read backlit lcd screen. Free dtc lookup software cd. Extremely easy to use and highly reliable. Small in size and conveniently fits in your palm

This was started by Autel which they dont support it again, but there are other one with same design and features.
This available at N12000

We have all these and many more in stock

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by revived: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Drop your phone contact bro

I need one
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
revived:
Drop your phone contact bro

I need one
SO TechAfrica, Suite A09 AOSEE Plaza, 7th Avenue by 3rd Gate, Festac, Lagos 08033739907 or 07046246717
Thanks sir
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by Kingsdave(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2020
SOTechAfrica:

SO TechAfrica, Suite A09 AOSEE Plaza, 7th Avenue by 3rd Gate, Festac, Lagos 08033739907 or 07046246717
Thanks sir
How much is the OBD11 scanner
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kingsdave:

How much is the OBD11 scanner

There are many types of car diagnostic tools(OBD2 Scanner) with different brand names like launch, autel and many other types with different models.

After selling more than 3000pcs of Car diagnostic Tools of different types and budgets since 2013, what I think should guide your choice should be your budget, your car brand and the features/System of your car that you want to scan and also whether you want a plug and play or software base scanner.

To scan only engine, you can get a scanner like elm 327 bluetooth btw 4000 to 6500, but you must be ready to download OBD2 app to be able to use it. Around 2013-2015, free app of torque could have done that but recently, the free version cannot do it, you have to buy a professional version of the app which varies from $10-$40 depending on the system of your car you want to scan. There are a lot of them on the appstore. There are other only Engine scanners like, 309, d900, konwei 808, launch vi among others.

If you plan to scan apart from ENgine, SRS, ABS & Transmission, you are ready to increase your budget, to above 60K, then you can get crp123, 129, 129e, 429C. 479 and other newer versions which are more expensive but come with new features. The listed models are Launch, Autel has its own models as well.

No matter your budget, there is always a diagnostic tool for you.

1 Like

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
Launch CRP 479 & ELM 327 bluetooth car diagnostics tools pick up by a happy customer from Festac today. Thanks for your business sir

Set up and Upgraded

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by pepe1: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
Do you have Bluedriver?
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by sKeetz(m): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
I need a scanner for a lexus is250, whats the best cost friendly scanner to go for?
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
pepe1:
Do you have Bluedriver?
We dont have Bluedriver in stock sir
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
sKeetz:
I need a scanner for a lexus is250, whats the best cost friendly scanner to go for?

If you want to scan only engine, you can buy MS309 which is 11500naira.
If you want a scanner that can do 4 systems (SRS, ABS, Transmission and Engine), Launch crp123 62k is available sir

You can contact us today, SO TechAfrica, Suite A09 AOSEE Plaza, 7th Avenue by 3rd Gate, Festac, Lagos 08033739907 or 07046246717

2 Likes

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by sKeetz(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
SOTechAfrica:

If you want to scan only engine, you can buy MS309 which is 11500naira.
If you want a scanner that can do 4 systems (SRS, ABS, Transmission and Engine), Launch crp123 62k is available sir

You can contact us today, SO TechAfrica, Suite A09 AOSEE Plaza, 7th Avenue by 3rd Gate, Festac, Lagos 08033739907 or 07046246717

I'm not in Lagos.....
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2020
sKeetz:

I'm not in Lagos.....

We ship to all locations either by KEXPress or Giglogistics. We will be expecting your order very soon sir.
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
LAUNCH DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER CRP123 PICKED UP BY A CUSTOMER FROM GBAGADA AND CRP123E FOR ANOTHER CUSTOMER FROM IKORODU.
THANKS FOR YOUR BUSINESSES SIR

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 7:49am On Nov 10, 2020
Lexia pp2000 for Peugeot and Citron, and Vpecke Tdintel delivered to happy customers. Thanks for your business

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by alaricsaltzman: 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
Need to scan check engine light for my Toyota Camry Drop Light.

What scanner do you recommend and how much?
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
It depends on your budget. Since its only check engine, we will recommend ELM 327 if your are comfortable with your android phone but be ready to pay for the obd11 app or you can buy the MS309.
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
LAUNCH THINKDIAG formerly EASYDIAG now in stock.
Thanks you for your calls and orders.

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
NEW STOCK ALERT

ThinkDiag obdii code reader is perfect to use with our unique App. Easy and convenient, anytime and anywhere. Comprehensive functions include diagnostic module, ThinkStore module, ThinkMoments module, Me module, etc

1.15 kinds of reset service
2.support car full system diagnostic,including Airbag,SRS,Engine,Gearbox,AT,and more...
3.EOBD2, DEMO and 1 car Software All free
After activating the device, you will get DEMO +EOBD2+ 1 car software. you can select any 1 of the manufacturer software in ThinkStore and you can use them free for one year.
4.Cover Up to 115 Major Vehicle Manufacturers:
ThinkDiag covers 115 major vehicle manufacturers in the market, and keep updating
5.Bluetooth connect with Phone ,app name is : ThinkDiag
6.Plug ThinkDiag into the OBD port, open ThinkDiag App on the smartphone to do the vehicle diagnosis.

Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by eherbal(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2020
How much?you should also put up a how to video link for demonstration purposes.thanks
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
eherbal:
How much?you should also put up a how to video link for demonstration purposes.thanks

72K. We will consider that very soon, but that may likely be on youtube channel
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by Mokelu: 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
SOTechAfrica:
Lexia pp2000 for Peugeot and Citron, and Vpecke Tdintel delivered to happy customers. Thanks for your business

How much is this??
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by MrJames007: 6:50am On Nov 26, 2020
How much is CRP 479?
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 4:29am On Nov 27, 2020
MrJames007:
How much is CRP 479?
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by SOTechAfrica: 4:30am On Nov 27, 2020
Mokelu:

How much is this??
PP2000 - 45k. Thanks for your interest
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by Stanleyallen17(m): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
SOTechAfrica:

72K. We will consider that very soon, but that may likely be on youtube channel

Does it perform live data?
Re: ODB2 Diagnostic Tools of Different sizes and budget by slowshow: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2020
please what scanner would you recommend for a Toyota corolla 2012.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? / Video: What I discovered when I went to fix a broken exhaust! / How Much Is 2008 Toyota Hiace, Okm, Diesel Engine In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.