Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? (452 Views)

Tigran Gambaryan Planned Prison Escape, Applied For New US Passport / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? (2) (3) (4)

I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by psucc(m): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
It all started in Feb,2020 when I received a birthday message (though that's not the month le alone the date) from GT Bank.

So long as my brain to take me down the past, I don't remember having any transaction with GT Bank except using their ATM once around 2012 and the other 2x at Aba, Abia state.

But last week I for another text telling me to fund my account. Just this evening another 2 messages came even with account number telling different media to use fund the account.

Please folks, can this miracle happen?
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by falcon01: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
same thing with me I even receive credit alert
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
psucc:
It all started in Feb,2020 when I received a birthday message (though that's not the month le alone the date) from GT Bank.

So long as my brain to take me down the past, I don't remember having any transaction with GT Bank except using their ATM once around 2012 and the other 2x at Aba, Abia state.

But last week I for another text telling me to fund my account. Just this evening another 2 messages came even with account number telling different media to use fund the account.

Please folks, can this miracle SCAM happen?

the fact that you call it a "miracle" is how these online fraudsters will easily scam you... better watch out!

Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by olawalepopoola: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
They are scammers...
Watch out...
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by Lamasta(m): 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
Be wise o my brother I won't say anything again
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by psucc(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

the fact that you call it a "miracle" is how these online fraudsters will easily scam you... better watch out!
whalai, when two blind men chop from the same pot, na only God Sabi the one that chop the meat.

I big pass their format.

Thanks alot!
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
psucc:
whalai, when two blind men chop from the same pot, na only God Sabi the one that chop the meat.

I big pass their format.

Thanks alot!

then stop calling it a "miracle" and instead call it for what it is.... A CHEAP ONLINE SCAM
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by jaymichael(m): 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
Same thing happened to me. FCMB account was opened with my exact details down to my phone number and email with #2000 credited. I sent an email to FCMB that I didn't initiate that account opening when that didn't work, I went to their branch at Eleganza Apapa to disassociate myself from the account and stop the email and transaction notifications, that still didn't work. I still receive their email and transaction notifications but their money still dey there. I cannot come and ask to explain what I don't know about.
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by psucc(m): 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

then stop calling it a "miracle" and instead call it for what it is.... A CHEAP ONLINE SCAM
May be i failed to quote the word, miracle.

Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by stanleyravos: 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
jaymichael:
Same thing happened to me. FCMB account was opened with my exact details down to my phone number and email with #2000 credited. I sent an email to FCMB that I didn't initiate that account opening when that didn't work, I went to their branch at Eleganza Apapa to disassociate myself from the account and stop the email and transaction notifications, that still didn't work. I still receive their email and transaction notifications but their money still dey there. I cannot come and ask to explain what I don't know about.
Access bank is the worst, I had an account with them, before I open the account i made it very clear that I don't need ATM card, guess what after one month my account was debited for a Visa card I never applied for, did you know that this people keep on debiting my account monthly for card maintenance? Just this last week i was debited for quarterly card maintenance fee, I don't know if I sue them it will be okay
Re: I Am Confused: Can One Have An Account In A Bank He Hasn't Applied? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
jaymichael:
resist the hurge to sha laye

18 Passengers Bus Available For Charter / Various Acoustic Ceiling Tiles For Interior Decor At SINOCEILING.COM / You Can Now Withdraw Money Via Fingerprint In Nigerian ATM- Pics & Video