Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee (11177 Views)

Lagos Appoints MC Oluomo Parks Management Committee Chairman / Throwback Photo Of Akpabio And Joi Nunieh / Corruption At NDDC: Rodnab, Akpabio And The N16 Billion NDDC Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by jadesoletee(m): 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
The National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) has once again called for the suspension of the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio and the dissolution of the Interim Management Committee of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) over allegations of corruption and mismanagement of funds against in the NDDC.

Recall that the NDDC and the embattled minister have been in the eye of the storm over the myriads of corruption allegations hovering around the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the NDDC which promoted the NYCN, last Sunday, to call for the removal of the Minister to allow for a thorough probe into his activities and the corruption scandal rocking the NDDC.

NYCN in a statement by its Deputy President, Comrade Adamu Kabir Matazu, on Monday, faulted the list of alleged beneficiaries of NDDC projects in the National Assembly, saying “the person who has benefitted from NDDC contracts while in the Senate is no other than the present Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio.”

Matazu claimed that “It's on record that on the 7th of August, 2017, Senator Akpabio while in the Senate wrote to the Chairman Senate Committee on Niger Delta requesting for contracts to be given to him from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) and to be sited in his constituency. Unfortunately Senator Akpabio failed to execute those contracts.”

The NYCN which has always been at the forefront calling for attention to all the allegations of sleaze and malfeasance perpetrated in the NDDC and thorough investigation, said it is pained to see that Akpabio is “trying to deflect and change the narrative with a view to evading accountability thereby subverting the course of Justice in respect of the latest N81 billion scandal rocking the NDDC.”

The NYCN statement further read:

“It's sad to see that the NDDC under the supervision of the Niger Delta Ministry has become a cesspool of corruption and the man at the center of these corrupt practices is Senator Godswill Akpabio who has brought misery and penury to the people of the Niger Delta region.

“The NYCN wishes to reiterate it's call to President Muhammadu Buhari to sack Akpabio and dissolve the Interim Management Committee with a view to ensuring the speedy completion of the probe initiated by the National Assembly without let or hindrance because from our findings, we discovered that the reason Akpabio is attacking the members of the National Assembly Committee on NDDC is simply because he couldn't compromise them and they are determined to expose the corruption perpetrated by NDDC under his supervision in line with the vision of President Buhari's Zero tolerance for corruption.

“The National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), hereby, calls on the House Committee on NDDC to stay focused and complete it's assignment without fear or favour, and not to be distracted by the noise of those who are vehemently opposed to accountability.

“Finally, we call on President Muhammadu Buhari to take seriously the allegations against Senator Akpabio and the Interim Management Committee of the NDDC and order their suspension in the same manner Ibrahim Magu and Justice Walter Onnoghen were suspended. Failure to heed to our call will lead to a massive protest by our organization.”
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nddc-probe-nycn-calls-for-akpabios-suspension/

2 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Simplyleo: 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
Why?

Because he stole 81b meant for the development of ND?

Ipob miscreants will soon descend on you people. undecided

11 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:28am On Jul 28, 2020
Corrupt government

They never get tired of stealing

2 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by ursullalinda(f): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2020
They should please loud it.......Buhari has ear infection and can barely hear anything......let me see who will chant Mr integrity beside me again......Chief of corruption and associates.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Trivas: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Good step my man

Peep on my signature, one big offer is there for u [b]Good step my man

Peep on my signature, one big offer is there for u [/b]Good step my man

Peep on my signature, one big offer is there for u

2 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Houseofglam7(f): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2020
undecided
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by money121(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Ok
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2020
The one and only pastor righteousness on nairaland is out of data kindly reach out to me to get him back online by paying up your tithe thanks as you comply

Stay blessed

3 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Maple51: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Yes NDDC interim management committee must be dissolved because the problem actually is Akpabio is a klepto. He knows they don't have so much money in Niger delta ministry that's why he's putting his eyes on NDDC cheesy

For less than your sub money, learn to build any kind of website with WP (#1,999) and start building websites in 2 days! Click my name for details

2 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Freestyl(m): 10:48am On Jul 28, 2020
Great �
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Superwave: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2020
If I hear say Buhari sack Akpabio make I tear. Akpabio remains the first n only NDDC minister to recommend a probe of the agency.

How come from 1999 till date no minister dare conduct probe of the NDDC. PDP corruption inflicted morons think they can blackmail him shouting rape n fraud without wanting Nigeria to get to the root problem of the issue.

Is NYCN telling us that once Akpabio is removed there will be no more corruption in NDDC or was there never any sign of corruption before the coming of Akpabio or how come it is this same Akpabio that is exposing the corrupt NDDC ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Mo3891: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2020
cool

By Adamu Kabir Matazu

Published by Sunnewspaper Orji Kalu

Why not let NigerDelta reposition it's Ministry by it self without Aboki or Ibo's interference?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Freestyl(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2020
Great
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by leke12(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2020
ok
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Olalekanbanky1(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2020
Not that alone oh...

The lawmakers that collected the contracts should be probed. That's how to do things
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2020
Sack Akpabio??

1 Like

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2020
L
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by eugenela(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2020
Thieves everywhere
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by wetmenow: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2020

4 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by Nickymichy(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2020
I don't know if we have all noticed... Everyone in this administration do whatever they like...ministers, directors, security operatives u just name it...I don't know.. Is there something they are hiding from us because these has never happened in Nigeria before..
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by KossyKiss97(f): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2020
Ok.... we dey wait. Meanwhile

Children Educational Tablets available

Functions include:

0)Over 15 already installed educational and fun apps

1)ANDROID 4.4 GINGERBREAD DEVICE

2)RAM- 1GB

3)ROM- 8GB

4)3DGRAPHIC ACCELERATION

5)WIFI SUPPORT

6)3G COMMUNICATION MODULE

7)MICRO SD SLOT(Memory card)

USB SUPPORTED with high speed of 2.0

9)360 degree device rotation

10)Supports several entertainment games based on Android platform

11)Supports various office software based on Android. Examples include word/excel/pdf/ptt

Other packages include

7inches device

Supports Google Chrome, playstore, inbuilt browser, YouTube, Google map, camera, video player, Gmail, email, and many more

Please call or watsapp on 08060291729
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by YorubaKinging: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2020
The end of days
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by chachanga: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2020
Just look at the massive sums Beth mentioned eaten by these underserving political f00ls of Nigeria undecided

China, Venezuela, US, UK, the public space is always open for mass protests and outcry against bad governance but Naija the major cry remains online wailing by prepaid data, Bluetooth or whatever else means because nobody wan die cheap at the hands of untrained Police mofos.

Without revolution, these thieves won't budge, and this is the same revolution they won't let you have.

If you're still under 40, get out of that place. If not, may God help you because Naija don cast.

2 Likes

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2020
They should dissolve NDDC.. What of NEDC?
I also call on the UN to dissolve Nigeria since the looting is consistent...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by FLwriter: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2020
Save your breadth if you are not among the cabal
Re: NYCN Tells Buhari To Suspend Akpabio And Dissolve NDDC Management Committee by jericco1(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2020
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Two Policemen, One Soldier, Injures Others In Ambush In Borno / 3000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Ortom's LGA In Benue / Convention: 19 APC Youth Leader Aspirants, Others Join Dada's Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.