Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies (246 Views)

Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated / N5bn COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment Fraud Uncovered In NDDC - Sahara R. / Alleged Corruption in NDDC: Ijaw Group Demands Akpabio Steps Down as Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies by iykbethany(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2020
This Is My Humble Opinion & Suggestion On How To Stop Fraud in NDDC and Other Government Agencies

Sometime last year someone listed 7 road projects, schools and market modernisation projects which our brother collected through nddc but didn't execute any of the projects. From what we heard some road contracts were awarded 2 years ago or some something like that.

I personally kept quiet because I didn't know how to verify if it's TRUE or not. I like to work with verifiable FACTS.

So this is why I'm suggesting that every government agency, especially NDDC should have a dedicated website where they will list every ongoing project, the project cost, contract sum, contractors name, address, phone number etc.

They should also mention the contract start date and completion period. This website MUST be available and accessible to anyone with an internet connection.

For Example:
That 10 kilometre road project from this village to that village costs so so amount and it's being handled by so so company. The project specification is that the road will have single or double drainage, the width size is this or that and the asphalt thickness is this and that.

Will it have streetlights? Road markings? We wanna know. These kind of information shouldn't be a secret for the sake of transparency and accountability.

Most importantly, they MUST allow locals to supervise these projects bc whoever that is supervising NDDC project is a crook. I'm not even sure if nddc has any supervisors. The locals don't need any money to snap project pics and upload on the internet. We will gladly do it for free bc na we go enjoy those projects.

Why this is necessary; if I check nddc website I will be able to track which project is located in my state, village or LGA for easy monitoring and supervision.

Every week we will be uploading the project status updates, videos and photos on social Media channels to show the world whether the contractor is doing well or not and it will be easy to know when a project is abandoned.

This will make both NDDC and contractors to sit up. It will make the contractors to be serious and do good quality jobs. If the project specification says this road project should have 2 drainages and streetlights we the locals will not let you carry your tractors and equipments till you complete the job according to specifications.

If we cant reach NDDC management we will deal with the contractors and their families and I bet you, we won't have any substandard road project anywhere in Nigeria again.

According to Rotimi Amaechi, our politicians are stealing and looting because we don't stone them. We have to leave sentiments aside and call a spade a spade.

This is my own suggestion and humble opinion, please add yours coz we need to make sure that this country works. We all must not keep quiet.

In your opinion how can we stop or reduce fraud in NDDC? Social Media is very powerful, all those government officials are here and who knows our suggestions and recommendations could make a difference.

#LETSMAKENIGERIAWORK
#STOPNDDCFRAUD
#IYKBETHANY
Re: Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies by dezik: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2020
My brother, i will prefer state government to handle road construction in the respective states while Nddc should be paying 70 to 90 youths per community in niger delta region monthly stipends of 70k-100k , because our big men has been syphoning our money since 2001 with scamming projects. We are tired , lets all of us has a test of this yearly cash. Shekinah
Re: Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies by iykbethany(m): 10:15am On Jul 28, 2020
dezik:
My brother, i will prefer state government to handle road construction in the respective states while Nddc should be paying 70 to 90 youths per community in niger delta region monthly stipends of 70k-100k , because our big men has been syphoning our money since 2001 with scamming projects. We are tired , lets all of us has a test of this yearly cash. Shekinah

Bad idea, this post is not about sharing of money to someone that is not working. Doesnt work anywhere in the world.
If NDDC awards a contract for hospital, road or school project let the funds be used for whatever purpose it was intended. No country develops by sharing money to lazy youths.
Re: Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies by iykbethany(m): 10:16am On Jul 28, 2020
Another Suggestion: We should also know when funds are released so as to force them to site. The locals should equally have a project assessment group from among the benefiting communities.
Re: Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies by dezik: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2020
iykbethany:

Bad idea, this post is not about sharing of money to someone that is not working. Doesnt work anywhere in the world.
If NDDC awards a contract for hospital, road or school project let the funds be used for whatever purpose it was intended. No country develops by sharing money to lazy youths.
SO IS THE COUNTRY DEVELOPING NOW THAT SOME LAZY ELDERS ARE SHARING OUR MONEY?
FROM YOUR REPLY HERE, I BET YOU ARE MORE THAN 50YEARS.
FROM 2001 TILL DATE, 80% OF OUR POLITICAL LEADERS AND ELDERS IN NIGER DELTA HAS INVOLVED IN SHARING THESE NDDC MONEY/PROJECTS AND RE LOOTED THEM OUTSIDE THE NIGER DELTA OR ABROAD. SO ITS TIME FOR THE YOUTH STIPENDS
Re: Suggestion: How To Stop Fraud In NDDC And Other Government Agencies by iykbethany(m): 11:32am On Jul 28, 2020
dezik:

SO IS THE COUNTRY DEVELOPING NOW THAT SOME LAZY ELDERS ARE SHARING OUR MONEY?
FROM YOUR REPLY HERE, I BET YOU ARE MORE THAN 50YEARS.
FROM 2001 TILL DATE, 80% OF OUR POLITICAL LEADERS AND ELDERS IN NIGER DELTA HAS INVOLVED IN SHARING THESE NDDC MONEY/PROJECTS AND RE LOOTED THEM OUTSIDE THE NIGER DELTA OR ABROAD. SO ITS TIME FOR THE YOUTH STIPENDS

Two wrongs don't make a right and you dont have to write in all caps.
We are looking for solutions to make things work like in developed countries and you are bringing outdated third world ideas.

(1) (Reply)

Omenugha Reveals Secret Of Anambra’s High Educational Performance / Ondo 2020: We Did Not Endorse Akeredolu For Second Term - Student Leaders / The LIONS AND FOXES In The Nigerian Bar Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.