Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” (1023 Views)

Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” by Demzlent(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Senior Pastor of Akwa Ibom based Power City International Ministry, Dr. Abel Damina has gone down memory lane recalling how his romance with prosperity message almost cost him his faith and relationship with God.
Damina made the revelation in a message which is currently trending on the social media

He told his church members that he was so carried away with the preaching of prosperity that life became meaningless to him after some time.
He said, “in this town I was the Baba of prosperity message. I preached prosperity to the point that I was lost in it. I was so carried away in the preaching of prosperity that I could collect money even from the devil. I preached deliverance to the point that I conducted deliverance from street to street, junction to junction in this city.”

Damina however said it got to a point in his ministry that life became meaningless. “I thought my time on earth was up. In fact I told God my time was up. I began to reason to myself, is this how ministry is, just to raise money and preach how to make it. I preached all kinds of sermons that I knew were not practicable. I preached how to make it, pillars of prosperity. I knew some of the scriptures I was quoting were not well interpreted. I knew something was wrong somewhere. I did not know for instance that the scripture give and it shall be given to you pressed down shaken together has nothing to do with money. I was actually fed up” he said.

The Bible teacher (Abel Damina) said further that his disillusionment led him to travel out of the country with his wife. “I thought I needed to do a retreat and get myself refreshed. So my wife and I travelled out. I took out two weeks to go and pray. But nothing happened. In the course of going to pray I stumbled on a bookshop and saw Andrew Wommack’s books. I bought all his books because I have heard so much about Andrew Wommack. I knew he commanded global respect but I never read his books and I did not have the patience to listen to his message.”
Though Abel Damina bought Wommack’s books he did not read them. He said further, “I came back from the trip and felt emptier. I preached and still felt a void. I knew I was lost. I had money, cars and all the good things of life but I was lost. I then travelled to Dubai again. In the plane I was not feeling sleepy so I took one of the books and read just eight pages and my eyes became open, the veil fell off. I began to find joy and fulfilment in Christ. I discovered that Christ is the missing link in my life. I came back and began to preach grace. I preached grace for 30 days. I preached the revelation of Jesus. I became fulfilled. I have found him.”
Abel Damina who is also the Chief Executive Officer of Kingdom Network Television said he has since turned a new leaf noting that the message of Jesus should be the hallmark of the message of any preacher. He told the congregation that Bishop Mike Okonkwo of The Redeemed Evangelical Ministry has since caught the bug too disclosing that Okonkwo had kept wondering why it took him so long to discover the gospel. “Bishop Okonkwo told me, why did it take me so long to discover the gospel. I have been preaching for over 40 years why did it take me so long to discover the gospel at over 70. He said now I know I am saved. Now I am no more afraid. When I was preaching those things I was not sure of making heaven. I have found Christ

https://www.churchtimesnigeria.net/abel-damina/

Re: Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” by densiks: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
I endorse the facts espoused by Abel Damina here having heard his previous messages and what he’s preaching currently.

In January of this year,I was on a flight with him from Uyo to Abuja and I saw a totally different man from the man I used to see or listen to from my younger days living in uyo.

He was part of a fraudulent group of fake prosperity preachers in Nigeria many of who are still holding many souls in manipulative bondage.

My personal assessment of his ministry since 2011 has always been that he had a genuine call for ministry but he deviated to serve mammon.Thank goodness he has been converted back to the path of truth.

May the good Lord help him to finish well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
The man fell from one doctrine into another and you believe it is right for you to come here endorsing him even now?

In His story, he never actually goes to God for answers but to a man(through his book) and you think now he has got God?

By the way, after he decided he had failed with prosperity gospel, did he at least consider returning all the money he had stolen from people through his lies, or is he convinced that it was indeed God that blessed him even as he continued to feed nothing but lies, he was privy to, to the souls that came seeking truth from him?
undecided
Re: Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” by CodeTemplar: 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The man fell from one doctrine into another and you believe it is right for you to come here endorsing him even now?

In His story, he never actually goes to God for answers but to a man(through his book) and you think now he has got God?

By the way, after he decided he had failed with prosperity gospel, did he at least consider returning all the money he had stolen from people through his lies, or is he convinced that it was indeed God that blessed him even as he continued to feed nothing but lies, he was privy to, to the souls that came seeking truth from him?
undecided
What of the content of the book that made him change stance is bible backed? Most books from men of God are bible backed or attempt at rightly dividing parts of God's word so take it easy.
Prosperity gospel is suppose to encompass the prosperity of body, spirit n soul but the term has been bastardized to mean money prosperity.
Re: Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” by desiredhome: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hushpapas will not like this
Re: Abel Damina’s Shocking Confession, Says “I Was Lost In Prosperity Gospel” by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What of the content of the book that made him change stance is bible backed?
Jesus Christ commanded His followers never to install themselves as teachers over His flock... He is meant be the only teacher for them all. God said this would be the case through the prophet Jeremiah

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Jesus Christ said this

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
John the apostle backed up the words of Jesus Christ when He wrote the following in his letter to all believers

1 John 3 vs 20-27 (ERV)
20. You have the gift[a] that the Holy One[b] gave you. So you all know the truth.
21. Do you think I am writing this letter because you don’t know the truth? No, I am writing because you do know the truth. And you know that no lie comes from the truth.
22. So who is the liar? It is the one who says Jesus is not the Messiah. Whoever says that is the enemy of Christ—the one who does not believe in the Father or in his Son.
23. Whoever does not believe in the Son does not have the Father, but whoever accepts the Son has the Father too.
24. Be sure that you continue to follow the teaching you heard from the beginning. If you do that, you will always be in the Son and in the Father.
25. And this is what the Son promised us—eternal life.
26. I am writing this letter about those who are trying to lead you into the wrong way.
27. Christ gave you a special gift. You still have this gift in you. So you don’t need anyone to teach you. The gift he gave you teaches you about everything. It is a true gift, not a false one. So continue to live in Christ, as his gift taught you.

CodeTemplar:
Most books from men of God are bible backed or attempt at rightly dividing parts of God's word so take it easy.
Since many of the so-called MOGs have installed themselves as teachers over God's own flock, how can there words be God's own truth?

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
CodeTemplar:
Prosperity gospel is suppose to encompass the prosperity of body, spirit n soul but the term has been bastardized to mean money prosperity.
The only gospel that counts is the gospel as taught by Jesus Christ. Any other change to His gospel, adding man's own thinking, is wrong, and hence not of Him.

(1) (Reply)

The Coronavirus Has Revealed The Christian God Is Truly A False God / How To Receive The Remission Of Sin In The Old Testament: The Day Of Atonement / The Only Apostle Of Jesus That Died A Natural Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.