Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? (415 Views)

NNPC Accused Of Ignoring Other Tribes, Giving Preferential Treatment To Fulani G / We Don’t Give Preferential Cut-off Marks To Northern Students – JAMB / Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? by bamangar: 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
I brought this topic here for us to discuss and for our people in US to air their opinions.

I went through a tweet made by an American on supremacy and Black immigrants. I read the replies and saw what African Americans were saying about Nigerians. However, a reply caught my attention where the AA claimed that Nigerians are treated like whites, in the sense that Nigerians are given preferential treatments to over them.

I want to ask this, for our people in US, are Nigerians really given special treatment to AAs?
Has there been anytime you were chosen for a job over an AA due to your nigerianess?

Is there really beef between Nigerians and African Americans? Share your experience...

Re: Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? by chatinent: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
Yawns.
Re: Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? by donbachi(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
100% true...na just the endless questions they do ask about nigeria.
Re: Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? by christejames(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
Of course, by not stroking our ego I will say Nigerians are smart people. It has been proven beyond measures that we excel wherever there is law and order.
Black Americans are also smart but like my friend will say since most of them still think America owe them something after taking them as slaves for centuries they will keep trudging behind.
Nigerians on the other hand have seen it all (and still seeing it under Buhari), so they got nothing to lose when they come out to achieve anything.

Our leaders that keep making all these brain drain to continue with their maladministration, don't worry, very soon you will meet your Waterloo (it's on already).

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? by Goldencheese(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
Very nice thoughts.
Thanks

christejames:
Of course, by not stroking our ego I will say Nigerians are smart people. It has been proven beyond measures that we excel wherever there is law and order.
Black Americans are also smart but like my friend will say since most of them still think America owe them something after taking them as slaves for centuries they will keep trudging behind.
Nigerians on the other hand have seen it all (and still seeing it under Buhari), so they got nothing to lose when they come out to achieve anything.

Our leaders that keep making all these brain drain to continue with their maladministration, don't worry, very soon you will meet your Waterloo (it's on already).

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? by iTroll: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
If our leaders had sense, Nigeria would have been the shephard leading the herds of Africa. SA goons will find a backseat ASAP when we discuss.
Alas, sense has ran away from our leaders ruling right from the 1970s
Re: Are Nigerians Given Preferential Treatment Than African Americans In US? by Ekpeitut: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
Nigerians go all out when they see a working system. I would say we are a unique set of people, when we're outside Nigeria we take things to the extreme both good and bad.

I can bet you that landlord praising his Nigerian tenants hasn't met a shifty Nigerian he would swear we are devil incarnates.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Akeredolu Great Efforts In Unimed, Ondo / Only Final Year Students Will Resume Next Monday, Says Lagos… / COVID-19: Kwara Schools Resume October 5 ·    tertiary Institutions Open Oct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.