Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Likely Events If Nigeria Breaks Up..( Opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Likely Events If Nigeria Breaks Up..( Opinion) (249 Views)

Okorocha: 'Igbos Will Lose More If Nigeria Breaks Up' / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Obasanjo: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Minority Groups Will Be Exterminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Likely Events If Nigeria Breaks Up..( Opinion) by Admissionclass: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
I am kinda high on weed now..and am thinking really logically.. grin

If Nigeria eventually breaks up which I believe can never be peaceful, it is going to be a hegemonious war just like yugoslavia, there would be a bloody battle for land , access to the sea and resources.. grin especially Niger delta, in this battle two major ethnic groups that would be the aggressors the Hausa/fulani and the Igbos these two ethnic groups have always have an eye on some minority lands... grin Igbos have always had an eye for the Niger delta (former eastern region) as it natural right and the fulani have obvious always eyed the middle belt lands for long.

The yorubas will always stay neutral but I suspect they would be forced into the struggle by northern fulani aggressors who are always land hungry who would naturally see Yorubaland as their access to sea they know Nigerdelta would not ban an easy meat so they would rather try Yorubaland but I suspect Igbos in the West might want to join the war in the West to protect their properties and investments..

The Igbos might let Niger delta be but would resort to aggression if they efuse to lease anioma, Ikwerre,opobo and bonny which they believe are Igbo speaking parts and access to sea.. winkbut I strongly believe they would resort to peaceful means.

Ijaws might try to anexx southerndelta tribes and If possible Edo state to form their Niger delta republic..
Re: The Likely Events If Nigeria Breaks Up..( Opinion) by kettykin: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Anyone who thinks Hausa /Fulani would match igbos in war without any external support is a dreamer. The Biafran was was all the ethnic groups in Nigeria against Igbos , Ibibio, Anang and some igbos who fought against Biafra, yet the biafran Army with improvised arsenal and weaponry wiped out 3 division of the Nigerian Military reducing it from 33,000 to less than 300 in Owerri, The entire 99% of the 2nd Division was wiped out by a biafran troop led by a Major Uchendu in Abagana while trying to cross Abagana. Another Army Division was finished when they tried crossing River niger into Onitsha Hausa /Fulani will be reduced to a heap of dust if external forces remain neutral and the middle belt (who cannot even defend their territories mind their business.

The only force Uniting Nigeria is the british Army and its western Allies and the Arab forces , any one disputing this should ask Chad and Cameroon what they fear most about invading Nigeria
Re: The Likely Events If Nigeria Breaks Up..( Opinion) by kingzizzy: 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2020
The break up of Nigeria will be peaceful as I do not see anyone fighting to be with another. When Nigeria breaks up, it is highly like that all the Igbo speaking people of Nigeria, the South East, the Igbos of the lower Benue, the Delta Igbos, Igbo speaking people in Rivers and possibly Igbanke in Edo will all opt to be one country. The reason is that a so called Niger Delta Republic is virtually impossible. To bring Edo, Ijaws, Ibibios, Efiks and so many others under one umbrella of one country will not be possible without Igbos. They simply cant do it because they have no affinity that goes beyond oil. What I see happening is that Ibibios/Efiks/ Ogoja will form a country while Ogonis and Ijaws will become a country. Uhrobos/Isoko/Edo will form theres

It will be interesting to see how things unfold and who chooses to be with who but thats what referendum is for

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Plans To Unleash Terror In Edo State Election Revealed! / Released Chibok Girls: How FG Frustrated Their Pursuit Of Education Abroad / Sad: Do You Know The Young Politician That Was Impeached?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.