Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! (1982 Views)

Highest Paying Job: Read This Before You Choose Your Dream Job In Nigeria / Are You Still Looking For A Job... Read This / 5 Things No One Will Tell You About Your First Job (read). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! by Leece(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
Growing up, i seen a lot of movies showing the true reality of nigeria especially when it comes to securing a job in this country. Honestly this is something you can never understand if you dont have someone older who had to sit at home for a long time before God answered their prayers. our universities do not even help matters as most of us dont even have practical skills.

Those things we didnt care about begin to count when they enter the labour market. if you are reading this and you are still an undergrad pls try and start a business and if you arent business inclined, build your CV and do internships. if you cant do all this try and gain practical skills

There are jobs out there for undergrad please apply, if you are still serving please dont spend all your money on frivolities. try and save & invest. just try to plan ahead of time..... MOST IMPORTANTLY

1- have a linkedin profile, and connect (whether you are a graduate or not)
2- have a very well crafted CV
3- pray and work

For those who want to check if their CV will pass the popular ATS scan, please try to use https://www.jobscan.com. it will tell you the gray areas in your CV
dont despair your future is bright!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! by chubinwa(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
It is actually worrisome as I never envisaged this kind of predicament. I never had a skill and has no business idea. All I believed was for miracle to fall from heaven after my POP but here I am now, no job, no skill. Just sitting at, walking and carrying file from one place to another. even the undergraduate job, I no see. my advice for people out there, please make haste while the sun shines. look for a productive skill and engage yourself. don't rely on the so called "connection " they might fail you. anyways, I was able to save up to 70k from my allowee but I don't know how to go about it. any useful idea is welcomed as am eager to engage myself to doing something. time is not by my side anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! by ShitStain(m): 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
You've said it all.
The truth of the matter is there are little or no jobs available to graduates in this country and the little jobs that are available are reserved for those who have the so called "connections".The rest of us are left to slug it out with ourselves.
Na God go help us for this country
Re: Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! by Airoflaw(m): 5:16am On Jul 29, 2020
Yea.I learnt my lesson 5years ago ..Believe me sir I don't know where my certificate is presently.. grin Thank God for Covid -19 a lot of students have or are learning new skills due to closing of schools.... Learn Skills (as many as you can) while you go to school is the new Nigeria surviving mechanism
Re: Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! by Leece(m): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2020
chubinwa:
It is actually worrisome as I never envisaged this kind of predicament. I never had a skill and has no business idea. All I believed was for miracle to fall from heaven after my POP but here I am now, no job, no skill. Just sitting at working and carrying file from one place to another. even the undergraduate job, I no see. my advice for people out there, please make haste while the sun shines. look for a productive skill and engage yourself. don't rely on the sofa called "connection " they might fail you. anyways, I was able to save up to 70k from my allowee but I don't know how to go about it. any useful idea is welcomed as am eager to engage myself to doing something. time is not by my side anymore.

honestly i had this problem, i never learnt a skill myself. i think thats one the things we have to do in this nigeria, try and have soft skills. with 70k you can actually start a side hustle, i cant think think of one right now but i am sure other reading this can give suggestions.. i want to remember that when vardy was 25 he was still a nobody infact puyol of barcelona won his first trophy at 27... tho it seems as if time is not on your side.. i am sure your testimonies will bear witness to your hard work..
Re: Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! by Leece(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2020
ShitStain:
You've said it all.
The truth of the matter is there are little or no jobs available to graduates in this country and the little jobs that are available are reserved for those who have the so called "connections".The rest of us are left to slug it out with ourselves.
Na God go help us for this country

boss you no lie oo but i feel that someone of us make mistakes i mean some of us dont know the power of networking.. i remember during my NYSC days i didn't make much friends, some of my guys that made friends were able to do some connect to get jobs.. if you know you dont know people please just try and network

1 Like

Re: Are You Between 23-30 And You Dont Have A Job, Read This! by Leece(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2020
Airoflaw:
Yea.I learnt my lesson 5years ago ..Believe me sir I don't know where my certificate is presently.. grin Thank God for Covid -19 a lot of students have or are learning new skills due to closing of schools.... Learn Skills (as many as you can) while you go to school is the new Nigeria surviving mechanism

Good one from you bro.. God bless your hustle

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! Is this Job Fake or Real? / Ups Vacancy / Oceanic Bank Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.