Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously (1526 Views)

Bola Tinubu Holds Meetings With US Ambassador And Northern Pentecostal Bishops / APC Local Government Congress Holds On September 4 / PDP South East Zonal Congress Holds In Enugu Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2020
Who elect these ones to lead us?
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Sammy07: 10:51am On Jul 29, 2020
no
Osagyefo98:

not at all

but Edos are yorubas and have right to partake in such meetings..

You shouldn't generalize Edo.

In Edo there are Esan, igbanke (Ibo people) and other none.benin and Yoruba people .
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by meccuno: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Why?

Edo is part and parcel of yorubaland.

be guided.
so the whole of yoruba land is not enough for you to land grab? they are from edo state. please let them decide where they want to be. moreover there is no oil there grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2020
Sammy07:
no

In Edo there are Esan, igbanke (Ibo people) and other none.benin and Yoruba people .

Not generalizing but stems from facts and striking similarities.
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Sammy07: 10:58am On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Not generalizing but stems from facts and striking similarities.

Call them by their names.
What will you call delta?
Is delta part of Ibo? Or Ijaws? Or Uhrobo?

Answer is No.
But aniomans people are Ibo, Ijaws are Ijaws etc Itshekiri are Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2020
Sammy07:

Call them by their names.
What will you call delta?
Is delta part of Ibo? Or Ijaws? Or Uhrobo?

Answer is No.
But aniomans people are Ibo, Ijaws are Ijaws etc Itshekiri are Yoruba.

itshekiris no even complete I LGA whereas anioma has 9 and full senatorial district.

that been said, nobody will over look edo and yoruba relationship. it is too clear and obvious.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Sammy07: 11:09am On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

itshekiris no even complete I LGA whereas anioma has 9 and full senatorial district.

that been said, nobody will over look edo and yoruba relationship. it is too clear and obvious.

Lol, warri South is owned by who?
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, warri South is owned by who?

You can't say Itshekiri owns it unless you want to cause fight again over there
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Ebenezar2O2O: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

not at all

but Edos are yorubas and have right to partake in such meetings..
Just like how ikwerre and Anioma people of Rivers state and Delta states respectively have the right to attend ohanaeze meeting.
Bunch of jokers
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2020
Ebenezar2O2O:
Just like how ikwerre and Anioma people of Rivers state and Delta states respectively have the right to attend ohanaeze meeting.
Bunch of jokers

Well let me pretend I didn't read this or you mistakenly wrote this for fun..
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Kogi and Kwara should be removed too

Do you know that apart from Togo, Sierra Leone, Coted'viore there are about 5 international countries that have Yoruba tribe among them...

Yoruba and Igbo are not mated...

Kogi, Kwara state are dominated by Yoruba people...we are not like Igbo people that used the opportunity of the Biafra war to force their culture and language on the minority groups in the eastern region.

Tueh. I spit on their flatted head...everything about them has a token of fraud in it...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Gforce2015:

Do you know that apart from Togo, Sierra Leone, Coted'viore there are about 5 international countries that have Yoruba tribe among them...

Yoruba and Igbo are not mated...

Kogi, Kwara state are dominated by Yoruba people...we are not like Igbo people that used the opportunity of the Biafra war to force their culture and language on the minority groups in the eastern region.

Tueh. I spit on their flatted head...everything about them has a token of fraud in it...
I don't have time for mushin boy like you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
I don't have time for mushin boy like you cheesy

I don't have time for highway gala hawker like you. Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
Sammy07:

Togo, Benin and Ghana would be impossible for now.

I know.
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Oghene1st: 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Yoruba don dey my Delta too? Same Yoruba wey dey insult Igbo for being tribe grabbers.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by MetaPhysical: 6:31am On Jul 31, 2020
Oghene1st:
Yoruba don dey my Delta too? Same Yoruba wey dey insult Igbo for being tribe grabbers.

Stop feeling funky. Read below. grin

The Itsekiri language is a major branch of the Yoruboid[3] group of languages, which as a group, is a key member of the Volta–Niger sub-family of the Niger–Congo family of African languages. Itsekiri is spoken by nearly 900,000 people in Nigeria as a first language and by many others as an additional language notably in the Niger Delta and in parts of Edo and Ondo states of Nigeria. The other key members of the Yoruboid group are Yoruba (22 million) and Igala (1.8 million) along with the various Yoruba dialects spoken in Benin and Togo.

Itsekiri is most closely related to the Yoruba dialects of south western Nigeria with which it shares close similarity in grammar, lexicon and syntax. Itsekiri represents one end of a continuum of Yoruba dialects from the northern Yoruba lands of Oyo and Offa to the western reaches of the Niger-Delta. In many ways standard Yoruba and Itsekiri may be considered official variants of the same language. Although Itsekiri and the South Eastern Yoruba dialects are mutually intelligible to varying degrees depending on proximity to each other, however, unlike Yoruba dialect speakers, native Itsekiri speakers do not recognise or use the standard Yoruba language as their official lingua franca. This may be owing to the historical isolation of the main body of Itsekiri speakers (in the Niger Delta) from the continuum of Yoruba speakers and centuries of developing a separate and distinct Itsekiri socio-cultural and national identity. Nevertheless, from a linguistic standpoint, both Itsekiri and standard Yoruba (based on the Oyo dialect) can be considered to represent two official variants of what is essentially the same language - one is a Southern Yoruba dialectal fusion of Ijebu, Ondo, Owo - spoken as a national language by under a million people and the other a fusion of Oyo and Eko dialects now spoken as a standard language by over 20 million people.
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by famouscargo4u: 7:21am On Jul 31, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
kogi and kwara should be removed too

Kwara is 90 percent Yoruba except few Fulani in Ilorin. Kabba, Egbe and even lokoja have large present of Yoruba speaking population.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Oghene1st: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Stop feeling funky. Read below. grin

I will edit this in Wikipedia straight up. Rubbish.
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by MetaPhysical: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2020
Oghene1st:

Be sure to go to Warri and Sapele and edit their identity as well. yeye! grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by llakes4real: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2020
Oghene1st:

You should have stopped the meeting in Warri first and remove the Olu of Warri too, before stressing yourself on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Nadaken: 10:00am On Jul 31, 2020
Sammy07:
no

help me tell am, Esan (Edo Central) has no trace of Yoruba in it
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Bekool(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2020
rummmy:
Yolobar Don enter delta and Edo?
Clowns everywhere..

There's actually a small indigenous yoruba speaking community in anioma delta state I don't know how or when they migrated there.
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Oghene1st: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2020
llakes4real:

You should have stopped the meeting in Warri first and remove the Olu of Warri too, before stressing yourself on the internet.

Hahaha where was the meeting held in Warri? Okay of Itsekiri for use thugs in una.
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by Ikeast(m): 10:21am On Jul 31, 2020
Igbos have tried but it didn't work, Is like Yoruba too want to try, Next will be Hausa-Fulani..
S.south should forget Niger-Deltan Republic for now....
Re: Yoruba World Congress Holds Meetings In Over 200 Lgs Simultaneously by llakes4real: 11:43am On Jul 31, 2020
Oghene1st:

Hahaha where was the meeting held in Warri? Okay of Itsekiri for use thugs in una.

Read the op again, maybe you would understand it now!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Things Were Good Between FFK And Precious. What On Earth Happened? / Abba Kyari Deletes Facebook Post Mocking FBI, As FBI Mounts Pressure On IGP / Anambra Top Ranking Federal Law Maker Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.