Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. (311 Views)

COVID-19: TVC Does Documentary On Patients Being Treated At IDH, Yaba, Lagos / TVC And P&G Donate Baby Diapers To Ayinke House Maternity Hospital, Lagos / Covid-19: Why Do Some Patients Run Away From Isolation Centres? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by recklesslove: 7:43am On Jul 29, 2020
This issue of Covid has become more political than a health issue.
Foremost i believe there is Covid 19 but not to the extent we are saying it. Something becomes a Pandemic based on the number of lives it has claimed, with all the padding we still have less than a thousand people that are dead, malaria n typhoid has killed more people in Nigeria than Covid in the time under review. Same with other health issues. Same with insecurity in Nigeria.
I'll give an example, TVC has been on the side of not reopening schools so it won't affect children but this is the truth, 20% of these same children are in the market, the parents of the other 80% go to these same markets n go home n meet the other children who are home.
It's though they have an agenda. Our Nafdac DG was the first to say that Hydro Chloroquine works for the treatment of Covid but the press didn't push it. Children shouldn't go to school but their parents can go out n come at will n the children ain't exposed ? TVC has been silent on the issues of the killing of Southern Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by socialmediaman: 7:44am On Jul 29, 2020
You have a point, the society is messed up. The authorities aren’t enforcing safety measures and kids are out and about in the streets and marketplaces. I don’t see why schools shouldn’t be opened up with a mandate to apply safety measures, and option for remote learning. FG and SG should also support these schools financially if they maintain certain guidelines.

The only question I have is your numbers. Less than 1,000 fatalities? Many people don’t even go to the hospital when they are sick so that data is highly unreliable. There have only been about 268,000 tests but the reality is many people aren’t getting tested, they choose to rather self medicate due to fear of isolation centers.

1 Like

Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by 88Craze: 7:44am On Jul 29, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by recklesslove: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2020
It's time to change the narrative.
Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by majamajic(m): 7:52am On Jul 29, 2020
Is government gaining anything from not reopening schools , I think No

2 Likes

Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by recklesslove: 8:27am On Jul 29, 2020
socialmediaman:
You have a point, the society is messed up. The authorities aren’t enforcing safety measures and kids are out and about in the streets and marketplaces. I don’t see why schools shouldn’t be opened up with a mandate to apply safety measures, and option for remote learning. FG and SG should also support these schools financially if they maintain certain guidelines.

The only question I have is your numbers. Less than 1,000 fatalities? Many people don’t even go to the hospital when they are sick so that data is highly unreliable. There have only been about 268,000 tests but the reality is many people aren’t getting tested, they choose to rather self medicate due to fear of isolation centers.
Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by recklesslove: 8:28am On Jul 29, 2020
I don't know anyone that has died of Covid symptoms, do you? Nice analogy though.
Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by recklesslove: 8:30am On Jul 29, 2020
[quote author=socialmediaman post=92221363] You have a point, the society is messed up. The authorities aren’t enforcing safety measures and kids are out and about in the streets and marketplaces. I don’t see why schools shouldn’t be opened up with a mandate to apply safety measures, and option for remote learning. FG and SG should also support these schools financially if they maintain certain guidelines.

The only question I have is your numbers. Less than 1,000 fatalities? Many people don’t even go to the hospital when they are sick so that data is highly unreliable. There have only been about 268,000 tests but the reality is many people aren’t getting tested, they choose to rather self medicate due to fear of isolation centers.[/quote

It's NCDC's numbers.
Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by illicit(m): 9:40am On Jul 29, 2020
Corona na lie joo
Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by Pierced(f): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2020
As in I am tired.

U need to visit Lagos to see how people wear mask for their jaw rather than face.

Most Lagos markets are open.....and people move about freely like there's no coro.
Re: Covid 19; Why I Had To Call TVC News. by recklesslove: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
So what's the point of shutting down schools? Are the children not in d society? Even if they remain at home won't those that went out to market n work etc still go home n meet them?

(1) (Reply)

Is It Unhealthy To Have A Sperm That Looks Like Ice Cube / Beautiful Lady Celebrates 22 Years Of Living With HIV / Safety Precautions For BMX Bike From Best BMX Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.