Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,555 members, 7,850,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

Paradox In The Southwest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paradox In The Southwest (785 Views)

Of Obasanjo, Daniel, Amosun: Complex Paradox In Higher Education, By Steve Oliyi / Of Obasanjo, Daniel, Amosun: Complex Paradox In Higher Education, By Steve Oliyi / Of Abia, The Strength Project And Paradox In Reconciliations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paradox In The Southwest by Ikengawo: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
I've noticed that the southwest are probably the most consistently progressive or 'better-choice' voters. not just because i agree with their votes a lot of the time, but because they have a long track record of standing against total scumbags (Obasanjo, Babangida, Abacha, PDP in general and so on)

but outside of Fashola they probably have some of the worst governors in the union and easily the most chaotic/violent politics as well. why so?

On thing about the East and North i don't like and in particular the North is the two regions are very willing to give a bad idea a second chance, but there's strangely enough less of a heated polity in both regions
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2011
grin. Its in the blood! Sometimes, the citizens have to disagree with their leaders when things are not right. The principle is called AWOISM! grin grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by aljharem(m): 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^^

not in the north all the time

we rotate the power positions evertime
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
alj harem:

^^^^

The SW do not rotate. They elect the best man for the job. wink. Also, they usually use the Awoism principle to capture the yoruba votes.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2011
alj harem:

^^^^

Its like you are so confused on your identity. Today you claim igbo 2moro u claim north, Y dont u ask your father were u belong? cheesy cheesy
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by Dede1(m): 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
@OP

Have you asked yourself what happened to one political party called AD? I give the region solid credit for gravitating toward one political variable – tribalism.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 11:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

Have you asked yourself what happened to one political party called AD? I give the region solid credit for gravitating toward one political variable – tribalism.

. . . how do you explain Edo state? Edo is not SW, you know?
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by Nchara: 11:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
@op

Give me a break, pulis. The same SW that voted 100% for the scumbag Obasanjo (according to you) in 2003? Did Buhari not contest then? Why did they abandon him? They were against Obj in 1999 simply because his only rival (Falae) was also a Yoruba, the type of Yoruba that appeals to mainstream Yoruba. The SW is sophisticated in playing ethnic politics and that is about all. They are masters of the game in Nigeria and that is probably the only thing the SE needs to learn from them.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
Nchara:

@op

Give me a break, pulis. The same SW that voted 100% for the scumbag Obasanjo (according to you) in 2003? Did Buhari not contest then? Why did they abandon him? They were against Obj in 1999 simply because his only rival (Falae) was also a Yoruba. The SW is sophisticated in playing ethnic politics and that is about all. They are masters of the game in Nigeria and that is probably the only thing the SE needs to learn from them.

Why the beaf now?? undecided sad and why did you bring the SE into this

Andre, can you see what I am talking about? grin
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 11:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Andre

Read the above post.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by Dede1(m): 12:15am On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

. . . how do you explain Edo state? Edo is not SW, you know?

Do not play dunce. AD did not win beyond Ondo State during 1999 election. However, the story was written differently in 2003 election because the son of the soil resided at Aso Rock.

If you want to make Edo State part of south western region since Edo State emerged from Bendel State via Mid-western region which in turn was part of defunct western region, I do not give ratarse.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 12:22am On Feb 10, 2011
Dede1:

Do not play dunce. AD did not win beyond Ondo State during 1999 election. However, the story was written differently in 2003 election because the son of the soil resided at Aso Rock.

If you want to make Edo State part of south western region since Edo State emerged from Bendel State via Mid-western region which in turn was part of defunct western region, I do not give ratarse.

Haba, were we quarrelling before?
If ACN was a tribal party, I am sure the citizens of edo state would not vote for them since they would not want to be "suppressed" by the yorubas, would they? Infact, Chime is flirting with ACN oo! grin wink
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by Dede1(m): 12:32am On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

Haba, were we quarrelling before?
If ACN was a tribal party, I am sure the citizens of edo state would not vote for them since they would not want to be "suppressed" by the yorubas, would they? Infact, Chime is flirting with ACN oo! grin wink

If I should go by you deduction in bringing ACN to this discuss, I would say the Edo State in voting for ACN also voted Action Group and UPN.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 12:35am On Feb 10, 2011
Dede1:

If I should go by you deduction in bring ACN to this discuss, I would say the Edo State in voting for ACN also voted Action Group and UPN.

I do not really know much about the past political parties. . . . so you win grin grin
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by AndreUweh(m): 12:39am On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

@ Andre

Read the above post.
Jason123, what is going on here. Why do you enjoy referring every Igbo poster as Andre?.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by jason123: 12:42am On Feb 10, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Jason123, what is going on here. Why do you enjoy referring every Igbo poster as Andre?.

No, I am not saying he is you. I just wanted you to read what he said since we were talking about comparing on the other thread.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by AndreUweh(m): 12:47am On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

No, I am not saying he is you. I just wanted you to read what he said since we were talking about comparing on the other thread.
O.K.
I will comment 2morrow, am feeling sleepy now.
Re: Paradox In The Southwest by dayokanu(m): 8:39am On Feb 10, 2011
Ikengawo:

I've noticed that the southwest are probably the most consistently progressive or 'better-choice' voters. not just because i agree with their votes a lot of the time, but because they have a long track record of standing against total scumbags (Obasanjo, Babangida, Abacha, PDP in general and so on)

but outside of Fashola they probably have some of the worst governors in the union and easily the most chaotic/violent politics as well. why so?

On thing about the East and North i don't like and in particular the North is the two regions are very willing to give a bad idea a second chance, but there's strangely enough less of a heated polity in both regions

Like Akala- PDP, Daniels- PDP, Oyinlola - PDP, Fayose - PDP

Do you see the common denominator?

(1) (Reply)

Cpc, Let Us Test Our Popurlarity. - Mrs Ciroma. / Tinubu’s Call For Doctors’ Sack, A Slip Of Tongue - Nma Boss / Scam Message From Fraudstars Using Glo Sender Through A Uk Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.