Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? (1111 Views)

My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? / Best Chicken Breeds For Meat & Eggs / Latest Prices Of Day Old Broilers, Pullets,turkeys & Cockerels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? by West2North(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hi Nairalanders,

I intend to start a poultry farm soon and I am worried about the fact that it takes 7months to breed Cockerels to maturity, while it takes about 6weeks for a broiler to make it to 2kg+. So, I'm thinking if raising Cockerels is really worth it.

Pls help. Thank you
Re: Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? by gasparpisciotta: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
Cockerels are more tolerant mortality will be at barest, but patience is needed.
Feeding a cockerel is also cheaper in the long run.

But if you have the ready market, broilers are more profitable if you can maintain a good turnover
Re: Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? by West2North(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
Cockerels are more tolerant mortality will be at barest, but patience is needed.
Feeding a cockerel is also cheaper in the long run.

But if you have the ready market, broilers are more profitable if you can maintain a good turnover

Thank you for the input Sir. it's the tolerance of the cockerels that wants to make me consider raising them actually. but 7months feeding. Is it possible to make reasonable gains from feeding them that long cos I can actually wait?
Re: Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? by gasparpisciotta: 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
West2North:

Thank you for the input Sir. it's the tolerance of the cockerels that wants to make me consider raising them actually. but 7months feeding. Is it possible to make reasonable gains from feeding them that long cos I can actually wait?

I really cannot say, the market will decide that. Just compare their feeding cost and what you may make from selling them...this will assist
Re: Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? by West2North(m): 9:48am On Jul 30, 2020
gasparpisciotta:

I really cannot say, the market will decide that. Just compare their feeding cost and what you may make from selling them...this will assist

Thank you sir. I'm working on that right away
Re: Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? by gbemmytop(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Broiler is ur best bet bro! stocking up cockerels in large numbers for commercial purposes isn't too good profit wise. noilers r still better bcuz 3-4mnths u r good 2go.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Get Your Nut Processing Machine Here / 1000 Plots Of Land For Sale In Abia State @ 100k Per Plot (New Updates) / Top 20 Songs/beats Produced By Don Jazzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.