Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump (258 Views)

US Congress Passes Bill That Will Censor The Bible As Antisemitic / International Election Experts Invited By Trump Says The Election Was Honest / Donald Trump Said He Takes Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump

A video pushing back against the mainstream media's summary judgment against the use of the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine to fight the coronavirus was removed by Facebook and other tech giants not long after it was promoted by President Donald Trump.

Breitbart News reported Monday that its video of a group of doctors who held a news conference near the Supreme Court in Washington was removed from its Facebook page.

Facebook framed the removal as part of its policy of limiting “false information" about the coronavirus.

The video, which also included Republican Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina, was subsequently yanked from YouTube and Twitter.

The group, America's Frontline Doctors, says on what appears to be its website that “American life has fallen casualty to a massive disinformation campaign. We can speculate on how this has happened, and why it has continued, but the purpose of the inaugural White Coat Summit is to empower Americans to stop living in fear. If Americans continue to let so-called experts and media personalities make their decisions, the great American experiment of a Constitutional Republic with Representative Democracy, will cease."

TRENDING: Seattle Radio Host Gives Narrative-Busting Account of What's Happening in City: 'Evil People'

New York Times tech columnist Kevin Roose inquired about the video and was told by Facebook spokesman Andy Stone that it was taken down “for sharing false information about cures and treatments for COVID-19."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12031843_capturebigpharma_png2db6483bb95ad5889922971faf5e401d

Stone did not detail what was false in the video.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12031844_capturebigpharma1_png1480a5fb85986b47ce82c4e43348041c

On Tuesday, Twitter suspended the account of the President’s oldest son, Donald Trump Jr., because he shared the doctors' video, according to his spokesman, Andrew Surabian.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12031845_capturebigpharma2_png43361d0f16de6ae82928d83876bc3891

Twitter claimed that it didn't suspend the younger Trump but decided to “limit some account functionality."

RELATED: Bill Gates Tells Anti-Lockdown Musk To Stay in His Lane, Ignoring His Own Sharing of COVID Misinformation

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12031846_capturebigpharma3_pngca92059cc1193efd902c6d0575b9a66e

Although many in the media have attacked the use of the drug ever since Trump began to suggest it was an option for coronavirus patients, Dr. Harvey Risch, a professor of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health and Yale School of Medicine, recently said the controversy is absurd.

“This is a drug that’s been used for 65-plus years in billions of doses around the world that people take without even thinking about it. And suddenly it’s become dangerous? That's ludicrous," he said.

Although the battleground that is the world of medical studies has shown any number of plusses and minuses for the various drugs being suggested to fight COVID-19, a new study also showed that the drug could be very effective: Thirteen percent of patients treated with just hydroxychloroquine died compared with 26.4 percent not treated with the drug.

So what was said in the news conference that was so awful that the nation needed to be protected from hearing it?

According to a transcript at Rev.com, Dr. Stella Immanuel of Houston said she has treated 350 COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine and other drugs and has “not lost one. Not a diabetic, not a somebody with high blood pressure, not somebody who asthma, not an old person. We've not lost one patient."

“And on top of that, I've put myself, my staff, and many doctors that I know on hydroxychloroquine for prevention, because by the very mechanism of action, it works early and as a prophylaxis. We see patients, 10 to 15 COVID patients, every day. We give them breathing treatments. We only wear surgical mask. None of us has gotten sick. It works."

According to the transcript, Immanuel lashed out at studies claiming the drug does not work.

“So if some fake science, some person sponsored by all these fake pharma companies comes out say, 'We've done studies and they found out that it doesn't work,' I can tell you categorically it's fixed science. I want to know who is sponsoring that study. I want to know who is behind it because there is no way I can treat 350 patients and counting and nobody is dead and they all did better."

Immanuel added, "This virus has a cure. It is called hydroxychloroquine, zinc and Zithromax. I know you people want to talk about a mask. Hello? You don’t need mask. There is a cure."

“I know they don't want to open schools. No, you don't need people to be locked down. There is prevention and there is a cure. …"

“I tell all of you doctors that are sitting down and watching Americans die. You’re like the good Nazi … the good one, the good Germans that watched Jews get killed and you did not speak up. If they come after me, they threaten me. They’ve threatened to … I mean, I've gotten all kinds of threats. Or they're going to report me to the bots."

“I say, you know what? I don't care.”

Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump >>>
Re: Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Jul 31, 2020
Big Tech Lies Matter – A.F. Branco Cartoon
A.F. Branco in Political Cartoons July 30, 2020

High Tech companies are censoring conservative sites and lying about it to congress. political cartoon by A.F. Branco cartoon ©2020.

Source
Re: Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46am On Aug 01, 2020
HCQ-touting doctor says she has been fired after appearing in viral video touting the drug as a COVID-19 treatment
'I was summarily fired for appearing in what was told to me is an embarrassing video'
NEWS JULY 31, 2020

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12038335_capturedrsimonefired1_jpeg04133058b54cfa4bcddbe2e59d29f5c1
PHIL SHIVER

Dr. Simone Gold, the Los Angeles-based physician behind America's Frontline Doctors, a group advocating for hydroxychloroquine to be used in the fight against COVID-19, says she has been fired for expressing her medical opinion.

Gold shared the news in an interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson Thursday night, saying she was removed from her job due to her appearance in a viral video touting the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine.

"I'm a board-certified emergency physician for 20 years, and in fact, it seems like until five minutes ago I was considered a hero and people would be clapping and glad that I was doing what I was doing, and then the video came out and I was summarily fired for appearing in what was told to me is an embarrassing video," Gold told Carlson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tynTVhyGxiI

Gold, who graduated from Chicago Medical School in 1989 and completed her residency at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York, appeared in the controversial "White Coat Summit" video earlier this week, organized by her organization and conservative political organization, Tea Party Patriots.

A 40-minute video of a news conference that took place during the summit was posted across social media platforms and quickly garnered millions of views. In the video, one of the doctors, Dr. Stella Immanuel, a Houston pediatrician and religious minister, referred to studies that claim hydroxychloroquine doesn't work as "fake science."

The video was shared widely on Facebook and Twitter by many, including President Donald Trump and his son, Donald Trump Jr.

Shortly after the video was posted, however, it was removed by Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for allegedly making false and dubious claims related to the coronavirus.

Gold said that in addition to the social media giants censoring the video, website host SquareSpace also shut down her organization's website.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12038334_capturedrsimeonfired_png29a6ec38425e5f29be472e4d5091476b

Appearing on Glenn Beck's radio programme Thursday, Gold reiterated many of her group's claims about the hysteria and controversy surrounding hydroxychloroquine, which she called a "complete myth."

"Hydroxychloroquine is an analogue or a derivative of quinine, which is found in tree bark. It's the most noncontroversial of medications that there is," she said.

"It's been around for centuries and it's been FDA-approved in the modern version, called hydroxychloroquine, for 65 years," she continued. "In all of that time, [doctors] used it for breastfeeding women, pregnant women, elderly, children, and immune compromised. The typical use is for years or even decades because we give it mostly to RA, rheumatoid arthritis patients and lupus patients who need to be on it, essentially, all of their life. So, we have extensive experience with it ... it's one of the most commonly used medications throughout the world."

www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1619169271575696

Hydroxychloroquine Touting Doctor Fired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
Big Tech Censorship – Ben Garrison Cartoon
Ben Garrison in Political Cartoons July 30, 2020

President Trump needs to break up the leftist Silicon Valley social media monopolies

He should break up Amazon while he's at it. The globalist billionaires running their monopolies claim they own platforms for communication. The moguls sometimes compare what they do to the phone companies. Those who operate the phone companies are not responsible for what callers say. OH wait…the social media moguls said they only provided the platforms and they weren't publishers, but now they are. They are editors, too. Conservatives, Q-followers, anti-vaxxers, and Christians are among those facing suspensions, deletions, and outright bans.

Imagine the phone companies not liking what you say and so you can no longer use your phone.

It's the same with the Internet town square. Outright tyrants are controlling it. Now they are blatantly trying to control the upcoming Presidential election and they don't want Trump to win again.

I'm told that if people don't like getting banned, they should simply build their own social media platform. Yeah, sure. Most people don’t have the few billion dollars required to build an infrastructure. Even if they did, it's nearly impossible to get others to break ingrained habits such as Facebook. A few alternative social media platforms are sprouting here and there, such as Parler.com, but they are nowhere at the level of the Big Tech monopolies.

When the super rich get super duper rich, they want to buy influence and control people. They want to control the world. Computer nerd Bill Gates is accomplishing this right now. Jeff Bezos turned the Washington Post into his personal anti-Trump blog. The social media moguls are controlling us by means of blatant censorship. They are monopoly men that own most of the Internet today and now they want to control minds, even if it means the destruction of our First Amendment.

It's disgusting and they must be stopped. They have the financial might, but that doesn't make them right.

—Ben Garrison

Source
Re: Tech Giants Censor Pro Hydroxychloroquine Video Promoted By Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2020
Give It To The People: Frontline Physician Fired Over Viral Video Touting COVID Treatment

https://www.charismanews.com/us/82098-give-it-to-the-people-frontline-physician-fired-over-viral-video-touting-covid-treatment

(1) (Reply)

USA - Worst Case Scenario In The Trump Election Crisis / Trump Drops Arizona Law Suit / I Will Miss President Trump.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.