|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,739,071 members, 6,495,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 September 2021 at 07:02 AM
|Cost Of Driving License Renewal? by Olayinka777(m): 3:48am On Jul 31, 2020|
Good morning all,pls what's the cost of renewal of a driving license in Abuja/Nigeria? Mine just expired June this year.
|Re: Cost Of Driving License Renewal? by Herkim(m): 4:14am On Jul 31, 2020|
It will expire in 5yrs time
|Re: Cost Of Driving License Renewal? by Olayinka777(m): 4:16am On Jul 31, 2020|
15k! Haba! That's outrageous nah. Is that the official or express rate?
|Re: Cost Of Driving License Renewal? by johnabraham: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2020|
pattybf on this forum is the best person u can contact
|Re: Cost Of Driving License Renewal? by adanny01(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2020|
N6,350 for 3yrs and N10,350 for 5yrs
N2,000 per year plus bank charges of N350.
You can log in and pay with your Driver's license number and date of birth on their website https://nigeriadriverslicence.frsc.gov.ng/license/renewal/MHbBoe7K37INAnjE4cg pls check yes to recapture data (that was advised by FRSC officer.last time).
Then print acknowledgment slip, sign and proceed to the Driver's license centre for approval and optional data capture. They may collect N500-1000 for vision test or others. I did same process last time, they took N500 from me, bought fuel for gen to do my data capture. They will charge more if they did the process for you.
Make sure your payment status reflects confirmed before you print the slip. This slip also helps you avoid FRSC or VIO if payment is confirmed. Infact, I just paid last week and yet to go for data capture.
If your license is class E, better go directly to them.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Cost Of Driving License Renewal? by Olayinka777(m): 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2020|
adanny01:Thanks Bro,God bless u!
|Re: Cost Of Driving License Renewal? by adanny01(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2020|
After my data capture 2 days ago, I got few clarifications.
1. Yes the official fee is N6350
2. You can open the website select renewal, fill your license no/date of birth and update your data if necessary (not all fields can be edited such as name and date of birth)
3. On the section "Do you want to recapture?", apparently, the issues associated with selecting no has been resolved so you can select yes or no, either way you have to show up for approval. If you select yes or no, know that you will be scheduled on another day to recapture and/or pick up the temporary DL
4. Pay on the website using your ATM card or at the bank or any of the option you see. Wait a day till your application status says payment confirmed then print an acknowledgment slip, if possible 2 copies.
5. Attach a copy of the slip and a photocopy of the expired DL and take to your selected licensing office for approval. (The 2nd slip can help you avoid VIO and FRSC as along as payment is confirmed) They should tell you when to check back if you are to recapture or otherwise.
6. Upon approval, you maybe sent a date for recapture and/or pick a temporary license.
I also got a clarification on their charges.
They usually have a printed form for renewal. This form, the internet costs and the text message are all inclusive in this charge. Some MLA charge upto N500-1,000.
In my own case, I paid N200 to laminate the temporary DL.
So total charges should be in the range of N500-N1,200 max. Since some officers will not care if you did everything yourself and still demand you pay like others.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66