Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,811 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone (1650 Views)

What New Features Would You Love To See In The Next New Series Of Iphone ? / How To Force Enable 4G Only Mode On Your Infinix Note 4 And Other Android Phones / Opera Mini Browser For Ios Gets Complete Makeover Ahead Of Iphone 8 Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by marv1: 6:01am On Jul 31, 2020
Please guys what are the advantages of iPhone over any other android phones. And Vice versa
Thanks.

What are the benefits of iPhones compared to other android phones ?

I was told that iPhone does not drag or hang after usage of close to a year like Android phone that drags or hangs .

Or does iphone ever hang or drag even if you are a heavy user ?

What is the battery capacity of iPhone usage of one year ? Does it maintain it after a year ?

I am thinking of buying Xiaomi of 8gig ram or higher gig or an iPhone
Advice please.
Thanks.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by sagieramos(m): 7:49am On Jul 31, 2020
If you can afford to buy the latest iPhone, use that money and get a flagship Android phone from a reputable brand such as Xiaomi... If you're looking for the fastest phone in the world, go for Asus rog 3... I see Android taking over the world very soon

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by KrazyDave16(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2020
The person/people that told you iPhones don't hang doesn't use the device extensively. Camera, videos and SM doesn't mean shii.

There's threads about iPhones hanging but that's because the App store got bugged apps (yes, the tight ecosystem Apple built isn't 100% perfect fanatics paint it to be).

As for the iPhone battery, if you're a heavy user and your target isn't the iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max, you'll definitely be looking for a battery replacement after 1yr (Again, camera, videos and SM don't count as heavy usage to me, gaming and streaming HDR-4k content is).

My advice to you is to buy whichever device appeals to you.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by Ahmedona: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
KrazyDave16:
The person/people that told you iPhones don't hang doesn't use the device extensively. Camera, videos and SM doesn't mean shii.

There's threads about iPhones hanging but that's because the App store got bugged apps (yes, the tight ecosystem Apple built isn't 100% perfect fanatics paint it to be).

As for the iPhone battery, if you're a heavy user and your target isn't the iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max, you'll definitely be looking for a battery replacement after 1yr (Again, camera, videos and SM don't count as heavy usage to me, gaming and streaming HDR-4k content is).

My advice to you is to buy whichever device appeals to you.

iPhones doesn’t hang no matter how long or how you use it. Been using iPhone since like forever and that’s why I can say this. But battery wise, most Android phones have better battery capacity compared to iOS devices.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by KrazyDave16(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
Ahmedona:

iPhones doesn’t hang no matter how long or how you use it. Been using iPhone since like forever and that’s why I can say this. But battery wise, most Android phones have better battery capacity compared to iOS devices.
I clearly said it hangs when one installs a bugged app or updates to a bugged version of an app.

There's examples - in PUBG last 2 updates, some users complained of the app freezing their phone whenever they played on eragnel (iPhone 8 in this case), it was later fixed.

Future fight - during the X-Force update, iOS users (the whole lot of them) complained about the game overheating and sometimes freezing the device. It got to the point some had to restart their device. Provided they don't open the app, nothing happens to their device.

Last year or so - Apple was caught intentionally slowing the older iPhone models and we're fined.

There's lots of stories of the iPhone woes, cos you don't experience it doesn't mean it exists for other users. Keep in touch with the Apple community and you'll see complaints, with proof as well.

But I agree with you - battery life - especially from iPhone 11 below - is horrible.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by Jayson504(m): 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Well it all boils down to preferences. Different strokes for different folks. Some prefer iPhone while others prefer android. Me personally, I think the android is a better choice because it doesn't have some certain restrictions that the iPhone has. if you wanna enjoy android, just get a high end flagship android device, and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by minasota(f): 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jayson504:
Well it all boils down to preferences. Different strokes for different folks. Some prefer iPhone while others prefer android. Me personally, I think the android is a better choice because it doesn't have some certain restrictions that the iPhone has. if you wanna enjoy android, just get a high end flagship android device, and you are good to go.
example of high end flagship Android device?
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by falcon01: 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
[quote author=marv1 post=92288909][/quote] who said iPhone doesn't hang? cheesy have you ever seen an apple user who uses it Ruggedly? apart from chatting and taking pictures? it has a strong processor which will ensure those things and some games infact truth be told Apple is good at optimizing everything it does games, music, photos e.t.c if you take a photo with iPhone it will automatically edit it for you thats why they have very good photos, if you open games it will find all the Required and Needed settings for the game to work smoothly Which means you cant tweak the game Thus making the game file to be heavy unlike android where you can modify and change Game settings untill your phone crashes, and you cant tweak apple speakers or change the sounds but with Android, common MTK device there was a time I accessed the Engineering mode on Techno and overclocked the sound till the speakers burst. So android specifically Samsung, you need to be an expert.
Bottom line here is if you are a person who doesnt like hard work and dont wanna know how things actually work, and also want to look rich go for Apple. And if you want to know and push All the Limits create develop and engineer go for Android.

Note: By android, I dont mean all those Cheap plastics like Techno, Infimix Itel e.t.c Go for phones with confirm chipsets like Samsung, Google Pixel e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by dangoteinlaw: 4:40am On Aug 01, 2020
Iphone 6 is still very much in use even in 2020, mention any android released 2014 that still works and receive updates. Androids will disappoint u when u need it the most thats what scares me from them. As i get older i realize that i need things that last longer not things that are cheap.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by dangoteinlaw: 4:47am On Aug 01, 2020
Ahmedona:

the androids will good batery are actually the worse underperforming ones. A good phone with computing speed must consume alot of power thats why even Samsung batteries don't last long. Iphones are best in optimization coz its a single coy making d software and hardware so they combine smoothly and thats where androids will always lag behind coz its different coy making digestion phones with so many bad chipsets just to maximize profit at the expense of user experience.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Iphone And Any Other Android Phone by Nltaliban(m): 10:19am On Aug 01, 2020
Op, I'll try to be very truthful.
Why Android is better
1. You can customize your phone to your taste compared to iPhone
2. Android has more features compared to iPhone
3. Android is cheaper
4. Of course, Android has better battery.

Why iPhone is better.
1. iPhone applications are better than that of Android: To be very truthful, no matter how good your Android camera is, it will turn nonsense once you try use it in an application. That's why a Snapchat video made on iPhone 8 will be better than a video made with Snapchat on Samsung S10. The reason is because Iphone has only few phones which allows developers to focus on each of them compared to Android where over 1000 get released per year.
2. iPhone is more secure.

Pick your choice �

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Cloned Iphone For Sale / Watch Live TV Shows And Movies For Free On Android / Mtn Data Plan For Lumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.