Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan (818 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 11:51am On Feb 10, 2011
[size=14pt]North in fresh moves to stop Jonathan[/size]
News Feb 10, 2011

EVEN as President Goodluck Jonathan continues the geo-political zonal launching of his presidential campaign, there appears to be no letting up from the Northern establishment as there are moves being perfected to ensure that power goes back to the North by May 29, 2011.

One of the options, according to a very dependable source, is the intensification of talks with the candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari.

Another option which was discussed was the possibility of stopping the April general elections from holding as scheduled.

The challenge for the latter option, Vanguard can reveal, is the realization of the leaders from the North that such a move would also put the other elections like Governorship, Senate, House of Representatives elections in jeopardy as the grudge is principally directed at the presidential elections.

Vanguard has been able to discover that a meeting was held last week in Abuja by the pro-zoning elements. The meeting was held on February 5, 2011, between 8.00 pm and 9.00 pm.

It was hosted by a former National Security Adviser, NSA, in Asokoro, Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja.

Vanguard learnt that “the eight participants met in furtherance of their resolve to ensure the realization of their set objective for a Northern Presidency. The meeting was attended by eight participants with representatives drawn from some Northern political groupings like the Unity Forum, UF; and the Political Standing Committee of the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF.

Some of those in attendance were:

*Ahmed Mohammed Gusau-Chairman, Political Standing Committee, ACF
*M M Abdul, Chairman, UF, and Murtala A. Aliyu, a former minister, also representing UF
*Mohammed Al-Ghazali, UF/ACF
*Bashir Yusuf and Abu Ibrahim represented NPLF

Vanguard was made to understand that “Gusau intimated the participants that the strategy sub-committee of the Political Committee of the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, had earlier met and that the outcome of that meeting informed the invitation to the various representatives of some northern political groups.”

According to him, “a two-way forward approach (was) agreed at that meeting on the issue of the Northern Presidency including: “To prevail on retired Gen. Muhammadu Buhari to negotiate power with other political groups; and in the event that Buhari’s presidency can not be eventually actualized, the under listed shall form the next options.

1. Some NPLF members would want to enter into a pact with Mr. President; and
2. That the forth coming presidential election should not hold.”

Gusau was quoted as adding that “the option of not to conduct the presidential election is neither viable nor would it be attainable because it is not only the presidential election that would be conducted or the President alone that would be running for elective office.”

He reportedly then argued that it would be difficult to sacrifice the candidates for other elective posts like the Governorship, House of Assembly and National Assembly.

But Bashir Yusuf reportedly made it clear that “though he is the head of the NPLF secretariat, he is unaware of the planned pact of the NPLF with Mr. President.”

He was also reported to have said he held a “meeting with Dr. Sule Yahaya Hamma of the Buhari’s Political Group,” suggesting that they should first engage in discussions with the Buhari’s group before they arrive at any decision or position on the issue.”

One of the participants, toeing a very militant position insisted that the elections of April should not hold.
Another meeting was fixed for this week.

President vows to create a new environment

Meanwhile, President Jonathan, yesterday, promised Nigerians that his administration would create an environment where they would no longer be judged by their culture tribe, tongue, religion or language.

Speaking at the flagging off of the Northeast PDP presidential campaign in Bauchi, President Jonathan also promised that the diversities inherent in the Nigerian nation would be exploited and explored for the development of the nation.

A transparent government, Jonathan declared, is what Nigerians would have from May 29, 2011, when he would be sworn in by the time he would have won the Presidential elections in April.

“We will run a transparent government and we will create an environment where you will not be judged by culture, religion or language.

“We will exploit the diversities of this great nation for the development of this country.

“When we work together we will get to where we want to go”, he said.

These and many more were the declarations of President Jonathan in Bauchi yesterday, during the North East geo-political zone presidential campaign launch

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/north-in-fresh-moves-to-stop-jonathan/
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2011
I dey laff grin
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by owumatosa(m): 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
No matter the moves they try to carry out the guy is still in hold of power and can decide to manipulate the election if  he wants to. As it is he doesn't have to do that himself the PDP would do all that because they would want power to remain within or with the party.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by blacksta(m): 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2011
Monkey jam Baboon - Them all be one family - PDP - let them scatter themselves .

I thought Atiku , Ciroma and GEJ all made up.

abi them no like the national treasury looting sharing formula.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2011
The dismantling of this cabal is Nigeria's greatest problem, they form the main artery for corruption and backwardness to flourish. They are a hegemony that holds the nation by the jugular in all the most important areas; fortunately GEJ, out of vision and necessity, is well primed and placed as their nemesis. Already, they have been kicked out of the fuel supply chain, they are getting kicked out of electricity, and agriculture should follow soon; also, their almajiri troops are getting educated by GEJ. The process of the cabals bloodless dismemberment MUST be completed.

Once the cabal is gone, every other impediment to our socio-economic progress and development will fall like a pack of cards; Nigeria will begin to move in great leaps and bounds, we will become the next China (already we are the 3rd fastest growing economy, but the common man does not feel it).

The cabal needs to be scattered for Nigeria to progress and all their attempts to halt the April elections or fix themselves in Buhari's camp must be scuttled.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by houvest: 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
Who God bless, no one curse. Abeg throw me corn.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by monkeyleg: 1:37pm On Feb 10, 2011
@Beaf,

Is your suggestion that all member of the cabal that have set us back (in your own words), all from the North? I am just trying to gauge your thoughts here.

Whilst I would agree that there are the greedy wicked few who have made giant dents in Nigeria's progress, I do not accept that explains the entire picture.

What do you say about the unspeakable corrupting and grand theft that has plagued my state (delta) for the past 12yrs, are you claiming that Ibori and Uduaghan are part of the cabal?

My worry is that your analogy is just too plain simplistic to be taken whole.

And by the way if you really need to help your master, give facts, raw facts that we can all digest.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2011
They want to stop the april polls? How? Are they controlling power. I think if they do that they re simply creating a road map to nigeria's disintegration
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

Is your suggestion that all member of the cabal that have set us back (in your own words), all from the North? I am just trying to gauge your thoughts here.

Whilst I would agree that there are the greedy wicked few who have made giant dents in Nigeria's progress, I do not accept that explains the entire picture.

What do you say about the unspeakable corrupting and grand theft that has plagued my state (delta) for the past 12yrs, are you claiming that Ibori and Uduaghan are part of the cabal?

My worry is that your analogy is just too plain simplistic to be taken whole.

And by the way if you really need to help your master, give facts, raw facts that we can all digest.

Dude, the topic title clearly says, "North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan ." However I'm willing to hear your own take on if you think Ciroma, Yakasai and co are actually from Delta state.
Please, lets stick to the topic and not beg the question, thanks.

These are some of the names of those that attended the meeting, maybe you know those ninja's who are really Uduaghan and Ibori, but are posing as Ahmed, Gusau etc:

*Ahmed Mohammed Gusau-Chairman, Political Standing Committee, ACF
*M M Abdul, Chairman, UF, and Murtala A. Aliyu, a former minister, also representing UF
*Mohammed Al-Ghazali, UF/ACF
*Bashir Yusuf and Abu Ibrahim represented NPLF

Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by hakanai(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf na you!!!!! grin
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by foreman: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2011
Another pathetic attempt at diverting attention away from the recent gaffe of Jonathan in Ibadan. No more north or south blah blah thank you.

We can now discuss issues.

No matter how much you guys try, GEJ is a dunce. he can never improve. you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2011
foreman:

Another pathetic attempt at diverting attention away from the recent gaffe of Jonathan in Ibadan. No more north or south blah blah thank you.

We can now discuss issues.

No matter how much you guys try, GEJ is a dunce. he can never improve. you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

foreman, posts 23.
Another member of the rented crowd (thats why you can't address the topic, which is simple enough for even a toddler to tackle). Some unintelligent person is going around registering users that just say foolish anti-GEJ stuff from thread to thread. Its easy to tell the goons by their meagre number of posts.

By the way, there is no North - South thing here, except in your mind; we have a cabal pretending to represent the North, while holding the nation to ransome and keeping we and generations yet unborn backward; it is strange that in the face of something so serious, all you can think about is a gaffe.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by blacksta(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

foreman, posts 23.

Hehe! Another member of the rented crowd (thats why you can't address the topic, which is simple enough for even a toddler to
tackle).

Lol

Rented crowd - many names of those who see thing differently and logically unlike Mr Beaf and his cohorts

u need to stop labelling people who are anti GEJ.

@topic

GEJ has willingly chosen to dine with devils of pdp hence he will forever be looking behind his back.

whether from the Atiku camp or elsewhere
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by monkeyleg: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

The dismantling of this cabal is Nigeria's greatest problem, they form the main artery for corruption and backwardness to flourish. They are a hegemony that holds the nation by the jugular in all the most important areas; fortunately GEJ, out of vision and necessity, is well primed and placed as their nemesis. Already, they have been kicked out of the fuel supply chain, they are getting kicked out of electricity, and agriculture should follow soon; also, their almajiri troops are getting educated by GEJ. The process of the cabals bloodless dismemberment MUST be completed.

Once the cabal is gone, every other impediment to our socio-economic progress and development will fall like a pack of cards; Nigeria will begin to move in great leaps and bounds, we will become the next China (already we are the 3rd fastest growing economy, but the common man does not feel it).
The cabal needs to be scattered for Nigeria to progress and all their attempts to halt the April elections or fix themselves in Buhari's camp must be scuttled.

Beaf, U don come again. I have asked a simple question whether you feel that the cabal are responsible for the lack of prgress in Nigeria, as you stated above, and I am simply saying that is not the case. Are the cabals responsible for the lack of development @ state levels? are they the ones who have encouraged untold corruption?

You are simply implying that they are the begining and end of all our troubles and your Bros Goddy is our saviour.

Please give facts and expand on why you think that is the case
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by debosky(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2011
Bros Goddy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nairaland must be the most prolific name generating site in the world. grin

Why should we believe GEJ has 'broken the fuel cabal'? Wasn't there a longer period with stable fuel under OBJ? How do we know it'll all not go down the drain again in a couple of months?
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

Beaf you left out the very lucrative defence contracts,okay I'll spare you cos IBB(who happens to be the single biggest defence cdontractor) in Nigeria today appears to be treading cautiously,however I'd like that aspect too to be completely decentralised
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

Ibori and Uduaghan are together the worst thing to have happened to Delta state,however this is not their thread
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
debosky:

Bros Goddy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nairaland must be the most prolific name generating site in the world. grin

Why should we believe GEJ has 'broken the fuel cabal'? Wasn't there a longer period with stable fuel under OBJ? How do we know it'll all not go down the drain again in a couple of months?

How long did Obj's stable fuel period last and when did it happen?
The cabals grip on fuel is broken, under GEJ we've had some 10 months stress free fuel supply now,
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by debosky(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

How long did Obj's stable fuel period last and when did it happen?
The cabals grip on fuel is broken, under GEJ we've had some 10 months stress free fuel supply now,

It was longer than a year - the only breaks were due to strikes over subsidy and fuel price increases. It will be foolish of anyone to think a 'fuel cabal' is broken when the 'cabal' currently benefiting from the unmeasurable subsidy being paid for by the FG is going strong.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2011
^
When did this happen? Cos I'm unaware of it.

rasputinn:

Beaf you left out the very lucrative defence contracts,okay I'll spare you cos IBB(who happens to be the single biggest defence cdontractor) in Nigeria today appears to be treading cautiously,however I'd like that aspect too to be completely decentralised

You are right indeed! IBB and Danbazau were looking at a juicy 500billa contract until GEJ snapped the FG safe shut! And yes, that is an area that really needs looking at.
There's also all sorts of underhand deals linked with the PIB and fuel lifting that the filty manipulated crew have been cut off from.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by monkeyleg: 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2011
rasputinn:

Ibori and Uduaghan are together the worst thing to have happened to Delta state,however this is not their thread

I understand, but I was trying to make a point that Simply hedging your hopes on destabilizing a group of old fogees, is not necessarily the begining and end of the troubles in Nigeria, and should not be seen as a major victory as some are looking to claim.

However, I do recognise the work Goddy has done in tackling those who do not wish Nigerians well
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2011
monkeyleg:

I understand, but I was trying to make a point that Simply hedging your hopes on destabilizing a group of old fogees, is not necessarily the begining and end of the troubles in Nigeria, and should not be seen as a major victory as some are looking to claim.

However, I do recognise the work Goddy has done in tackling those who do not wish Nigerians well

You might not have a good picture of how Nigeria works. Have you ever been into the printing and minting sections of CBN, or any part for that matter? Or the various govt agric parastatals, or NNPC, or ministry of defence?

Walking into most of these places is like walking into a Dubai banking advert, reading through the names of the folk there is like walking up a patronage ladder, and dude, believe me you come across the very same names over and over again. And these are names that are exist in the peak of splendour, sorrounded by a sea of almajiri's, dicease and underdevelopment. Yes, there are people who actually own you, and don't give a damn about our country, they don't even give a damn if their own people live or die; do you actually want to be free?
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by monkeyleg: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

You might not have a good picture of how Nigeria works. Have you ever been into the printing and minting sections of CBN, or any part for that matter? Or the various govt agric parastatals, or NNPC, or ministry of defence?

Walking into most of these places is like walking into a Dubai banking advert, reading through the names of the folk there is like walking up a patronage ladder, and dude, believe me you come across the very same names over and over again. And these are names that are exist in the peak of splendour, sorrounded by a sea of almajiri's, dicease and underdevelopment. Yes, there are people who actually own you, and don't give a damn about our country, they don't even give a damn if their own people live or die; do you actually want to be free?

Yes I have see what you are talking about, and I understand where you are going with this, but that is not entirely responsible for the state of country. How do you then account for things not working @ state level, or should we be blaming these guys as well?

The problem is everywhere, and I would be very cautious in thinking that your solution is likely to bring sunlight to everything.

More effective in my view, let us start by holding our local reps and governors responsible
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by gogo13233: 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2011
fresh move, stale move, u cant do nothing, GEJ is it
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Beaf: 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2011
monkeyleg:

Yes I have see what you are talking about, and I understand where you are going with this, but that is not entirely responsible for the state of country. How do you then account for things not working @ state level, or should we be blaming these guys as well?

The problem is everywhere, and I would be very cautious in thinking that your solution is likely to bring sunlight to everything.

More effective in my view, let us start by holding our local reps and governors responsible

Dude, your local reps and governors cannot develop the country at federal level or reduce corruption at federal level or increase accountability at federal level. The best they can do is collect taxes and deliver services in their purview more efficiently; this excludes, poliicing, fire services, power supply, power transimission, economic policy, import and export services, mineral prospecting, inland waterway development, defense. . . I could go on; Nigeria as currently set up, simply cannot develop without the FG.

The cabal cripples the FG, therefore they also cripple your state and your LG; they need to be dismantled at FG level.
The cabal is Nigeria's most serious problem outside of our unitary structure.
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by shevalync: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2011
Who be this beaf sef? n what exactly r u driving @.so of all people u think odechuku has d gut to even make mention of any cabal not to talk dismantling them. i dey laugh!
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2011
^^^
Do you have anything to say?
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2011
How will the cabal be done away with because as i knw most of them make up the national council on state. Any way, God is in control
Re: North In Fresh Moves To Stop Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2011
How will the cabal be done away with because as i knw most of them make up the national council on state. Any way, God is in control

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Reinstates Impeached Bayelsa State Deputy Governor Ebebi. / Attahiru Jega To Inec Officials: No More Room For Misbehavior / Old Buhari Versus New Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.