Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Obj Likes Himself And His Immediate Family More Than Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Likes Himself And His Immediate Family More Than Nigeria. (484 Views)

Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obj Likes Himself And His Immediate Family More Than Nigeria. by Gbawe: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2011
I think most Nigerians know this despite OBJ's fake statesman pretensions.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11808:obasanjo-is-a-complex-person-says-ladoja&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Obasanjo is a complex person, says Ladoja .
Thursday, 10 February 2011 00:00 Femi Akinola, Lagos

Former Governor of Oyo State Senator Rasheed Ladoja has described former President Olusegun Obasanjo as a complex person, who likes himself and his immediate family more than the country.

Ladoja, who said this yesterday at a journalists rendezvous in within the Nigerian Compass newspapers premises along Lagos-Ibadan expressway, alleged that he became Obasanjo’s arch enemy because he advised the former President against his third term agenda in 2005.

“In 2005, when the third term scheme came up and there was opposition to the idea, I stuck out my neck and went to Obasanjo in Ota to advice him against the bid. I incurred his wrath for giving this advice. Governor Gbenga Daniel warned me of the consequences of my action and I recollect that he told me that the former president will deal with me later on, which he did.

The first reaction to my advice against the third term plan was that the party de-registered me and some members of the party. Up till this moment, those of us that were de-registered have not been re-registered despite the Ike Nwachukwu’s committee recommendation in Decmber 2009, that we should be re-registered,” he said.

Ladoja added that when the heat was on him and impeachment challenge wasbefore him, he was led to Obasanjo’s farm in Ota, by former Governors Olusegun Agagu of Ondo State, Olagunsoye Oyinlola of Osun State and Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State to seek the former president’s support, but alleged that while at the farm, Obasanjo told him point blank that he would be impeached.

“As soon as the issue was tabled before him, he said I should go and resign and I said no. He responded by saying, you will be removed from office and I told him he won’t get the two-third requirement of the state’s House of Assembly as required by the constitution to impeach me. He said he did not need two-third to get me out of office.

What I know is that any law that is not favourable to Obasanjo is not a law. He has been miss-using power for a very long time,” he said.

Debunking the rumour that he was in the race for the governorship of the state to ensure that the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) candidate, Yekini Adeojo, becomes the next governor, Senator Ladoja said he was contesting on the platform of the Accord Party to serve the state a second time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Obj Likes Himself And His Immediate Family More Than Nigeria. by Clickguy: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2011
Chk www./9jabase for more
Re: Obj Likes Himself And His Immediate Family More Than Nigeria. by Clickguy: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2011
Chk www.9jabasewap.tk for more

(1) (Reply)

Mubarak - The New Maradona Of Africa / Knowall: Dangote Made Billions From Yoruba People Pocket And Pay Cheque / Again, Spain Deports 60 Nigerians - Making 145 From Europe In 3 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.