Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (352 Views)

"Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Ababbio: 6:33am On Aug 01, 2020
Chris Oyakhilome also known as Pastor Chris the founder and president of LoveWorld Incorporated, also known as Christ Embassy has allegedly slammed the Nigeria government for attempting to reduce the time spent in Sunday services.

According to the Clergyman, the government has no right to regulate churches and determine how long services will take.

Oyakhilome who made this disclosure while speaking in a church live broadcast, said Christians should be allowed to serve God the way they want with government regulations and restrictions.

He added that the number of hours they were imposing on churches was what they had left in the world.

In his words " We can serve God as he wants us to, not as somebody says we should.

“I am appalled that some people have the audacity to tell us how many hours we can spend in church. How dare you?

“What in the world do you think you are? Your time is short. You cannot tell God’s people how long they can spend in church. If you built the building for them and you are saying you are not going to let them enter the building, maybe because you built it.

“But if you didn’t, you have no right to tell God’s people you’re going to spend one hour or two hours in church. I tell you, the number of hours you tell them they have in the church is the number of hours you have left.”

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/2020/08/01/covid-19-government-has-no-wright-to-regulate-churches-says-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/

1 Like

Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by paxonel(m): 7:27am On Aug 01, 2020
You should also remember that God is not interested in church gathering
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by thesicilian: 7:46am On Aug 01, 2020
If the Christian Association of Nigeria was doing its job of overseeing the churches instead of being overly concerned about politics and what they can get from corrupt public officials, government would have no serious input in the regulation of churches.
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2020
It will change to government have no right to tell church members to wear face mask to Church . How dare you!
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2020
Our leaders are only interested in worshipping white man and collecting dollars; like they're waiting for white man to bring vaccines since they have to brains to come up with something for their people. They don't know that WHO is run by business men. They imagine that there are doctors there that love them. People who are obsessed with population control?

But I will not hold brief for the Pastor and his kind who have fed this deception with their white Jesus lie. Until that lie is uprooted, y'all are doomed.

Will our leaders be waiting for help from abroad if they knew MESSIAH was our blood brother. That's why you have a Eurocentric capitalistic church and a Eurocentric government made up of black coons.

So, you have sown the wind, it's time to reap the whirlwind. You can repent by preaching the truth that really makes men free and let YAH's people go or you reap your harvest, the harvest of lies.
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by sonmvayina(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2020
donnie:
Our leaders are only interested in worshipping white man and collecting dollars; like they're waiting for white man to bring vaccines since they have to brains to come up with something for their people. They don't know that WHO is run by business men. They imagine that there are doctors there that love them. People who are obsessed with population control?

But I will not hold brief for the Pastor and his kind who have fed this deception with their white Jesus lie. Until that lie is uprooted, y'all are doomed.

Will our leaders be waiting for help from abroad if they knew MESSIAH was our blood brother. That's why you have a Eurocentric capitalistic church and a Eurocentric government made up of black coons.

So, you have sown the wind, it's time to reap the whirlwind. You can repent by preaching the truth that really makes men free and let YAH's people go or you reap your harvest, the harvest of lies.

That whole paragraph spoilt your whole write up.. After stating that only ourselves can save ourselves.. You are still mentioning a messiah. Whether he is white or black.. It makes no difference.. You don't need a saviour outside of yourself..

1 Like

Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2020
sonmvayina:

That whole paragraph spoilt your whole write up.. After stating that only ourselves can save ourselves.. You are still mentioning a messiah. Whether he is white or black.. It makes no difference.. You don't need a saviour outside of yourself..

Oya save yourself na... I dey hold you? I mentioned the MESSIAH because he actually did exist. Those who changed his image know that for a fact. I mentioned white Jesus because of the destruction that has done to the minds true biblical ISRAELITES. And he is truly coming again. This slavery will not end until this present civilization is destroyed. You can go on deceiving yourself.

I'm striking at the foundation of this deception. I don't need help form Pan-Africanists. I have a message for just my People. And I'm aware our enemies come in white and black.
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by sonmvayina(m): 9:51am On Aug 01, 2020
donnie:

Oya save yourself na... I dey hold you? I mentioned the MESSIAH because he actually did exist. Those who changed his image know that for a fact. I mentioned white Jesus because of the destruction that has done to the minds true biblical ISRAELITES. And he is truly coming again. This slavery will not end until this present civilization is destroyed. You can go on deceiving yourself.

I'm striking at the foundation of this deception. I don't need help form Pan-Africanists. I have a message for just my People. And I'm aware our enemies come in white and black.

continue living in delusions.. They created him in their own image.. It does not concern Africans... We have always saved ourselves from whatever may befall us... We don't look for any Saviour outside of ourselves.. The story is not African.. We understand that God's, and goddesses are laws and principles within us..

Don't educate yourself.. Be there believing the white man's bullshit

1 Like

Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by donnie(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
sonmvayina:
continue living in delusions.. They created him in their own image.. It does not concern Africans... We have always saved ourselves from whatever may befall us... We don't look for any Saviour outside of ourselves.. The story is not African.. We understand that God's, and goddesses are laws and principles within us..

Don't educate yourself.. Be there believing the white man's bullshit

Who are the "they" that created him? Such stupidity! So you don't know that up until the 1500s all the images of the Christ, the apostles and Israelites were black? Look you are alone on that journey of daftness. Black Bantu Israelites were in charge of writing the scriptures. Even Christianity began in Africa centuries before Rome adopted it and used it to conquer the world. The scriptures were seized by the Romans. What the whites did was to whitewash the scriptures, misinterpreting, minstranslating and using them to deceive us.

Where was your socalled Africanness when Europeans came with mirrors, guns and gin and you gave them your land? The whites know we are the people of YAH so they deceived us.

Was it whites that entered into the mosquito infested forests to kidnap Bantus (Isrealites) and put on ships?

We will not be fooled by your so-called Pan-Africanism. Africa is a continent of several nations. YAH chose us Bantus to be seperate special and above all nations. At the end we will see how your gods and goddesses will defend you from missiles and nuclear weapons. Common COVID19, your native doctors have joined you to wear masks.
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by sonmvayina(m): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
donnie:

Who are the "they" that created him? Such stupidity! So you don't know that up until the 1500s all the images of the Christ, the apostles and Israelites were black? Look you are alone on that journey of daftness. Black Bantu Israelites were in charge of writing the scriptures. Even Christianity began in Africa centuries before Roma adopted it and used it to conquer the world. The scriptures were seized the the Romans. What the whites did was to whitewash to the scriptures, misinterpreting, minstranslating and using them to deceive us.

Where was your socalled Africanness when Europeans came with mirror, gun and gin and you gave them your land? The whites know we are the people of YAH so they deceived us.

Was it whites that entered into the mosquito infested forests to kidnap Bantus (Isrealites) and put on ships?

We will not be fooled by your so-called Pan-Africanism. Africa is a continent of several nations. YAH chose us Bantus to be seperate special and above all nations. At the end we will see how your gods and goddesses will defend you from missiles and nuclear weapons. Common COVID19, your native doctors have joined you to wear masks.

OK sir
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
thesicilian:
If the Christian Association of Nigeria was doing its job of overseeing the churches instead of being overly concerned about politics and what they can get from corrupt public officials, government would have no serious input in the regulation of churches.
CAN, and your church organisations are all business entities registered under government. They pretty much have no choice but to be concerned about politics and what they can get from government.

Government decides how they can operate and so your so-called MOG above is wrong in making unnecessary noise pretending he has not always known this from the day he opened shop.
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by petra1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
paxonel:
You should also remember that God is not interested in church gathering

Wrong

1 Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 10:25
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some,

1 Corinthians 16:2
Every Sunday each of you make an offering and put it in safekeeping. Be as generous as you can. When I get there you'll have it ready, and I won't have to make a special appeal.
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by paxonel(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
petra1:

Wrong

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Every Sunday each of you make an offering and put it in safekeeping. Be as generous as you can. When I get there you'll have it ready, and I won't have to make a special appeal.

I say God is not interested in church gathering.
Church gathering will only benefit us, not God.

Wetin God won use your gathering in a building do? grin

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Matthew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Infact, God is not interested in what you do in this physical life because he is a spirit, and you must worship him in spirit not in physical building or gathering
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2020
Paul's words do not amount to God's word..abeg stop pretending the opinions of man equal God's word... That is inane
Re: COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by 0temSapien: 3:38am On Aug 02, 2020
petra1:

Wrong

Corinth, Greece
Hebrew, Israel

Looking forward to days when people will start quoting Lagos, Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Pastor Bathe His Members Who Are Looking For Prosperity With Coke / What Is Required Of A True Man Of God / Anglican Priest Demoted For Sitting Close To Dismissed Homosexual Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.