Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate (528 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / Anna Cunningham, Phil Hazelwood Slam Femi Adesina For 'lying' Over Casualties / Nigerians Blast Adesina For Saying Deaths In PDP Are More Than Deaths In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by abucaleb55: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2020
I strongly believe in this man Akinwumi adesina he can give us the new Nigeria we are looking for the Yoruba please rally round this man not tinibu/dogara

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by DiagnoPolitics: 10:03am On Aug 01, 2020
I like him as a gentleman. Too bad that it is not yoruba's turn to produce the president.

He will have to wait till the East, NC and other tribes take their rightful turn in the presidency. If he can live and wait for (200 x 8 ) years, to become president, then he might have a shot. grin

But we all know that's impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by Abohboy: 10:08am On Aug 01, 2020
I hate this rotational presidency, it shouldn’t be rotational, it should be based on whoever is the best candidate, so just because it s South East’s turn, you will vote a murderer with autism into presidency abi. And adesina cannot run for President in any case. He is looking for a second term at afdb which will last until 2024, after the election. I am thinking of osinbajo or umahi for President, the only problem with umahi, is he spends money on churches and he limits freedom of speech. Otherwise infrastructure wise he s doing very well. I personally want osinbajo to become president and umahi to be the federal minister of works. Nigeria needs massive reforms in it’s constitution, education etc, my father personally knows osinbajo, I am very sure that he will be able to help Nigeria to leap into the next generation, my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by mrvitalis(m): 10:18am On Aug 01, 2020
Abohboy:
I hate this rotational presidency, it shouldn’t be rotational, it should be based on whoever is the best candidate, so just because it s South East’s turn, you will vote a murderer with autism into presidency abi. And adesina cannot run for President in any case. He is looking for a second term at afdb which will last until 2024, after the election. I am thinking of osinbajo or umahi for President, the only problem with umahi, is he spends money on churches and he limits freedom of speech. Otherwise infrastructure wise he s doing very well. I personally want osinbajo to become president and umahi to be the federal minister of works. Nigeria needs massive reforms in it’s constitution, education etc, my father personally knows osinbajo, I am very sure that he will be able to help Nigeria to leap into the next generation, my opinion though.
Umiah is more experienced and proven

Osibanjo was part of tinubu government that failed in Lagos

Part of buhari government that failed Nigerians ...

Umiah has done more with little so he can manage Nigeria well

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by juman(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2020
Sowore is the best.
He is a common man like us.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by dignity33: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2020
He is not better than Ngozi Iwela . I have joined the que of people calling for South East president 2023. Because what I learned are people trying every hard to sell their own and demonise other tribe. What is good to be done should be done well is a hypocrite for South West to accused North of power drunk while the same thing is applicable to them. South east is one of major three tribe in Nigeria and can not be excluded anymore in the leadership of Nigeria again and not even this time is the turn of southern Nigeria to produce president come 2023.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by muykem: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2020
He will make a good president though but because of complex situations and diverse challenges the country is facing, I will suggest continuity in professor Osinbajo who has been tested and trusted. This is my personal opinion as a citizen of Nigeria.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by donbachi(m): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2020
That he did well at afdb,does not mean he must do well as the president of nigeria...naija no be an organization.but,a nation..and monkey dey jump,na tree near tree oo..mind u!.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by DenreleDave(m): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2020
Yorubas have got tonnes of Presidential candidates and we are no making noise about It ooo.

Let's ipob present one for us, na curse and insult dem go dey yarn

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by IamWonderful: 10:49am On Aug 01, 2020
Adesina and Zulum or Osinbanjo and Zulum
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by dignity33: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2020
Abohboy:
you are wrong bro, Osibanjo is a failure like Buhari. Sentiment apart how can you accused Buhari of incompetent and exonerate Osibanjo Forget about media group that always trying everything they could to put him in a good book for Nigeria just because of the part of country he come from. can you point out his achievements for years he had be in government. Buhari can never in any ways make policies without the full knowledge of Osibanjo he did it during Buhari/Idiagbo and that was the reason Nigeria see Buhari as a man who was uncorrupt and that administration was regarded as Idiagbo regime by Nigeria because of his kindly advice to Buhari. This Osibanjo maybe worst than Buhari .
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by muykem: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2020
dignity33:
He is not better than Ngozi Iwela . I have joined the que of people calling for South East president 2023. Because what I learned are people trying every hard to sell their own and demonise other tribe. What is good to be done should be done well is a hypocrite for South West to accused North of power drunk while the same thing is applicable to them. South east is one of major three tribe in Nigeria and can not be excluded anymore in the leadership of Nigeria again and not even this time is the turn of southern Nigeria to produce president come 2023.
Do you know or ever think that Igbo didn't support zoning? Yaradua died two years to his government and GEJ took over and was given a single time as against zoning arrangements but based on political understanding. It's south east that led GEJ for second term campaign. Assuming he won that election will southerners be talking about 2023 today.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by IamWonderful: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2020
donbachi:
That he did well at afdb,does not mean he must do well as the president of nigeria...naija no be an organization.but,a nation..and monkey dey jump,na tree near tree oo..mind u!.
Say something else, you mean someone that can manage a whole continent money and other contributors without blemish to his name might not do well, common come out from that immense depth of bitterness, he overcome US, world power that wanted to traduced him.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by okefrancis: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2020
Who knows him? Anyway my best candidate is Osinbajo/Zulum because I have seen their work and it's perfect
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by okefrancis: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2020
abucaleb55:
I strongly believe in this man Akinwumi adesina he can give us the new Nigeria we are looking for the Yoruba please rally round this man not tinibu/dogara
Kikikikikikiki, he only performed in AFDB and doesn't mean he could rule nation perfectly, is like you don't know what it's take to be a leader
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by dignity33: 10:59am On Aug 01, 2020
muykem:
Do you know or ever think that Igbo didn't support zoning? Yaradua died two years to his government and GEJ took over and was given a single time as against zoning arrangements but based on political understanding. It's south east that led GEJ for second term campaign. Assuming he won that election will southerners be talking about 2023 today.
Southsouth are part of Southern Nigeria, so you definitely not making sense at all after all South West and Southsouth have taking there turn from Southern Nigeria so it left for SouthEast.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by okefrancis: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2020
dignity33:
you are wrong bro, Osibanjo is a failure like Buhari. Sentiment apart how can you accused Buhari of incompetent and exonerate Osibanjo Forget about media group that always trying everything they could to put him in a good book for Nigeria just because of the part of country he come from. can you point out his achievements for years he had be in government. Buhari can never in any ways make policies without the full knowledge of Osibanjo he did it during Buhari/Idiagbo and that was the reason Nigeria see Buhari as a man who was uncorrupt and that administration was regarded as Idiagbo regime by Nigeria because of his kindly advice to Buhari. This Osibanjo maybe worst than Buhari .
I won't engage you too much because you have little knowledge, Osinbajo has performed excellently and even beyond your calculation and it's glaring for everybody to see
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by donbachi(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2020
IamWonderful:
Say something else, you mean someone that can manage a whole continent money and other contributors without blemish to his name might not do well, common come out from that immense depth of bitterness, he overcome US, world power that wanted to traduced him.
he worked with brains and like minds...i bet you,he wont do well as a president of nigeria..not even you and i.there is a proverb that says "its the dream of every father,to see their kids do greater than thex did"...and "the young shall grow"..considering the level of corruption in nigeria.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by dignity33: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2020
okefrancis:

I won't engage you too much because you have little knowledge, Osinbajo has performed excellently and even beyond your calculation and it's glaring for everybody to see
Osibanjo is hypocrite pretending to be good. point out what he has done that make him performed excellently since he was in government, from Tinubu to Buhari.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by Deputy1111(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2020
Adesina is a good man, but for this coming 2023 presidency, Osinbajo will be the best.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by ojokolax: 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
dignity33:
Osibanjo is hypocrite pretending to be good. point out what he has done that make him performed excellently since he was in government, from Tinubu to Buhari.

As pointed out above, it does seem your knowledge is limited else there's no way you'd take that stand unless you're bigotedly biased or simply paid to churn out hate speech.

His achievements as AG of Lagos State are still being touted for not just the numerous victories against the FG but also for legal reforms that the Nigerian Bar Association has since recommended other states to emulate.

As viceroy to President Buhari, his numerous policies targeting the masses have often received international accolades. Such schemes as the ease of doing business for MSMEs that has seen our global ranking rise up over 40 places by the central bank as well as the NSIPs before they were transferred to the ministry of humanitarian affairs.

As for when he was Acting President we can go on and on but even those who aren't on his side of politics would inform you, it's one of the most impactful spell of governance since the fourth republic.
A lil reading should illuminate you a little.

Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by kayalcomp: 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Even if this man or other competent one vie for the President. most Nigeria will rather go for incompetent candidate that can spend money on them during election. I pray that God will open our eyes, especially youth of this country, so that we will wake up and elect the right candidate for the country
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by frankyychiji(f): 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
I will not advise even the devil to vie for Nigeria presidency. Nobody can succeed as president in Nigeria with the way it is presently constituted.

Until Nigeria is reconfigured, anyone up there would end up surely in the belly of sectional hate, tribalism, religious bigotry, mindless corruption, cronyism and favoritism.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by frankyychiji(f): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
kayalcomp:
Even if this man or other competent one vie for the President. most Nigeria will rather go for incompetent candidate that can spend money on them during election. I pray that God will open our eyes, especially youth of this country, so that we will wake up and elect the right candidate for the country
I will not join you in your optimism. Money politics can never be eradicated in an undeveloped country like Nigeria.

As long as Nigeria refuses to restructure along genuine economic, goepolitical lines, where every zone are allowed to take their destinies into their own hands, I'm sorry, we will keep running around in circles throwing blames after each successive government.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by frankyychiji(f): 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
You people want to drag the young gentlemen into fighting Boko Haram war that he didn't know how it started or what they are fighting for.

The Hawks upnorth and down south would be so glad to bounce him around. Jonathan's treatment would be child's play.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina For 2023 Nigeria President Best Candidate by dignity33: 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
ojokolax:

As pointed out above, it does seem your knowledge is limited else there's no way you'd take that stand unless you're bigotedly biased or simply paid to churn out hate speech.

His achievements as AG of Lagos State are still being touted for not just the numerous victories against the FG but also for legal reforms that the Nigerian Bar Association has since recommended other states to emulate.

As viceroy to President Buhari, his numerous policies targeting the masses have often received international accolades. Such schemes as the ease of doing business for MSMEs that has seen our global ranking rise up over 40 places by the central bank as well as the NSIPs before they were transferred to the ministry of humanitarian affairs.

As for when he was Acting President we can go on and on but even those who aren't on his side of politics would inform you, it's one of the most impactful spell of governance since the fourth republic.
A lil reading should illuminate you a little.
Heading delegation to end Niger delta crisis is not new and should not be assigned as achievements to him. What stop him in heading delegation to stop Boko Haram or to release Sharibu who happened to be the only Christian held by Boko Haram.

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Governor Of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu By Chile Agubuche / Birthday: Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi @64 / The Remains Of Buruji Kashamu Arrived Ijebu Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.