Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School (758 Views)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / Man Visits His Parents' Grave On His Graduation Day In Graduation Outfit(Photos) / Lady Struggling To Walk In High Heels On Graduation Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Kalatium(m): 10:39am On Aug 01, 2020
Have you been Embarrassed by a soldier before?
My horrible experience was on the day on my secondary school graduation in a Private School. The propietress decided to bring Soldiers to wart off anyone without graduation gown of which we the graduants were oblivious to. The instruction was that if you are not with graduation gown you will not enter. Unfortunately i was a culprit, i paid for my gown the day before but have not yet collected it. To my dismay when i went to the gate and was explaining to one of the soldiers my predicament, his colleageu without any form altercation or disharmony outragelously lash me with a two mouthed "koboko". I have never ran from being flogged like that day in my life.
After a few minutes, i went to a civil defence officer closeby and was trying to explain the situation to him but the soldier that lashed me was saying if i try anything funny he will embarass me and my life a living hell. I was helpless and hopeless and the worst is that i was not with a phone. I had to borrow someone's phone and call my mom who was closeby. She came and stormed the place with outrage saying it was not fair for me to pay and still be denied entry. The soldiers started denying that i didn't explain it to them (this was a lie). I was finally allowed inside.
After the graduation ceremony, the proprietress has promised us beforehand that we will be allowed to host a mini-party(we call it bash). This same proprietress ended up changing her mind that we won't be allowed to do that. We felt betrayed because every set before us had done that. We went in unison to plead with her but she refused and told us to leave the premises to our various homes. As if that was not enough, she told the soldier to evacuate us from the premises. You know how soldiers do now, they forcefully drove us out.
In disgust, we became angry and there was an intense emotional outburst. I was the most angry, earlier i was embarassed by soldiers and now disappointed. I began telling them how one of the soldiers was very wicked. I never knew the soldier overheard me, he ordered me to follow him inside, that i was insulting a military man.
I was tortured that day by both soldiers, after being bitten mercilessly i was told to do a rigorous frog jump. Afterwards i was allowed to go home. My back was in pain coupled with my knee. Damn! I was pissed off. Till date , anytime i see a soldier i will keep reminiscing what happened that day.

Have you been Embarrassed by a soldier before, share your story?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by cenacasper(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2020
Then in government college umuahia, they made me do frog jump from school gate to the junction I use to board keke back home just for flying out my uniform

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Dpsychologist: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2020
cenacasper:
Then in government college umuahia, they made me do frog jump from school gate to the junction I use to board keke back home just for flying out my uniform
Wow you try o
Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Dpsychologist: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2020
Kalatium:
Have you been Embarrassed by a soldier before?
My horrible experience was on the day on my secondary school graduation in a Private School. The propietress decided to bring Soldiers to wart off anyone without graduation gown of which we the graduants were oblivious to. The instruction was that if you are not with graduation gown you will not enter. Unfortunately i was a culprit, i paid for my gown the day before but have not yet collected it. To my dismay when i went to the gate and was explaining to one of the soldiers my predicament, his colleageu without any form altercation or disharmony outragelously lash me with a two mouthed "koboko". I have never ran from being flogged like that day in my life.
After a few minutes, i went to a civil defence officer closeby and was trying to explain the situation to him but the soldier that lashed me was saying if i try anything funny he will embarass me and my life a living hell. I was helpless and hopeless and the worst is that i was not with a phone. I had to borrow someone's phone and call my mom who was closeby. She came and stormed the place with outrage saying it was not fair for me to pay and still be denied entry. The soldiers started denying that i didn't explain it to them (this was a lie). I was finally allowed inside.
After the graduation ceremony, the proprietress has promised us beforehand that we will be allowed to host a mini-party(we call it bash). This same proprietress ended up changing her mind that we won't be allowed to do that. We felt betrayed because every set before us had done that. We went in unison to plead with her but she refused and told us to leave the premises to our various homes. As if that was not enough, she told the soldier to evacuate us from the premises. You know how soldiers do now, they forcefully drove us out.
In disgust, we became angry and there was an intense emotional outburst. I was the most angry, earlier i was embarassed by soldiers and now disappointed. I began telling them how one of the soldiers was very wicked. I never knew the soldier overheard me, he ordered me to follow him inside, that i was insulting a military man.
I was tortured that day by both soldiers, after being bitten mercilessly i was told to do a rigorous frog jump. Afterwards i was allowed to go home. My back was in pain coupled with my knee. Damn! I was pissed off. Till date , anytime i see a soldier i will keep reminiscing what happened that day.

Have you been Embarrassed by a soldier before, share your story?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by DICKstractor: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
During our Waec days, when we had agricultural practicals exam. Our teacher sent a friend and I to get get some cow dung from those aboki that sells cow close to our school.

On getting there, we were stop by some soldiers who were angry that a secondary school pass by them without greeting or even blinking their eyes to recognize their presence.

What saved us was that we were putting on our school uniforms and we told them we had exams to write. If not, I can imagine the numbers of frog jumps we would have done that day...

We escaped that ordeal

1 Like

Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
Funny sha grin
I went to a military school.
And I have had uncountable embarrassing experiences with soldiers grin
Soldiers love timid students,them dey always use them catch cruise.
The more stubborn you are, the more beating you go chop but after a while you go earn their respect and street cred grin
We wey begin dey chop koboko since jss2 by ss2 all the soldiers done turn paddy.
We go leave our school go federal government college go find trouble.
Them go later carry police come report to commandant.
Las Las them fit call you flog you 10 tell you make you no find trouble again grin
If you wan enjoy soldiers,go to day military school,if you go boarding school, you go suffer.
Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Tallesty1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
Nothing serious but I witnessed this amusing scene.

So I was with these soldiers at a checking point when one of them stopped a Toyota highlander and told the driver to come down.

I was on my way from Imane in Olamaboro Local government, Kogi state to Ito in Benue, I was friends with the soldiers there so I stopped over to give them Banana and Palmwine.

I had handed over the items to them and was about to take my leave when the man was asked to step down from his vehicle, I waited to know what's up. To know what he did and what will be done to him.

When he stepped down, the soldier told him to move away from his car. He did, the soldier left him and went to speak with his boss. They conversed briefly in whispers and the young soldier walked back to the man and told him to UnCloth to his boxers.

The man who I think was in his early 40s and clad in navy blue Senator wear didn't ask him why nor beg him for mercy. He simply took of his clothes and folded them, he then gave them to a woman I assumed was his wife(I was right as I found out later l) who had by this time stepped down from the car and was standing beside the man as he undressed.

Clad in his boxers and singlet, the man now waited for the soldier to direct him on what he would do next.

The wife was now begging the soldier but he wasn't paying attention to them. He was directing other motorist and yelling occasionally at those who disobeyed his orders.

When the traffic eased up, the soldier now walked back to the man and told him to sit by the road side and wave at people that were passing.

He didn't hesitate, and while he was busy waving, smiling and greeting other road users, the soldier now asked the woman "who among us now looks like a fool" she didn't say anything.

The soldier continued "I heard what you said but I can't touch you because you're a woman and there is no female army here to take care of you so your husband will be punished instead"

"What I said?"

"are you trying to deny it? Do you want to collect? When I told your oga to stop, your said these fools again. I heard you clearly"

She didn't deny it, she started begging instead. The husband joined her too and two other men there. Luckily he had a change of mind and allowed them to go.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Kalatium(m): 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
Rgade:
Funny sha grin
I went to a military school.
And I have had uncountable embarrassing experiences with soldiers grin
Soldiers love timid students,them dey always use them catch cruise.
The more stubborn you are, the more beating you go chop but after a while you go earn their respect and street cred grin
We wey begin dey chop koboko since jss2 by ss2 all the soldiers done turn paddy.
We go leave our school go federal government college go find trouble.
Them go later carry police come report to commandant.
Las Las them fit call you flog you 10 tell you make you no find trouble again grin
If you wan enjoy soldiers,go to day military school,if you go boarding school, you go suffer.
Lol
Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Kalatium(m): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
Tallesty1:
Nothing serious but I witnessed this amusing scene.

So I was with these soldiers at a checking point when one of them stopped a Toyota highlander and told the driver to come down.

I was on my way from Imane in Olamaboro Local government, Kogi state to Ito in Benue, I was friends with the soldiers there so I stopped over to give them Banana and Palmwine.

I had handed over the items to them and was about to take my leave when the man was asked to step down from his vehicle, I waited to know what's up. To know what he did and what will be done to him.

When he stepped down, the soldier told him to move away from his car. He did, the soldier left him and went to speak with his boss. They conversed briefly in whispers and the young soldier walked back to the man and told him to UnCloth to his boxers.

The man who I think was in his early 40s and clad in navy blue Senator wear didn't ask him why nor beg him for mercy. He simply took of his clothes and folded them, he then gave them to a woman I assumed was his wife(I was right as I found out later l) who had by this time stepped down from the car and was standing beside the man as he undressed.

Clad in his boxers and singlet, the man now waited for the soldier to direct him on what he would do next.

The wife was now begging the soldier but he wasn't paying attention to them. He was directing other motorist and yelling occasionally at those who disobeyed his orders.

When the traffic eased up, the soldier now walked back to the man and told him to sit by the road side and wave at people that were passing.

He didn't hesitate, and while he was busy waving, smiling and greeting other road users, the soldier now asked the woman "who among us now looks like a fool" she didn't say anything.

The soldier continued "I heard what you said but I can't touch you because you're a woman and there is no female army here to take care of you so your husband will be punished instead"

"What I said?"

"are you trying to deny it? Do you want to collect? When I told your oga to stop, your said this fools again. I heard you clearly"

She didn't deny it, she started begging instead. The husband joined her too and two other men there. Luckily he had a change of mind and allowed them to go.

WTF
Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by ExAngel007(f): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
next time you "calm down" anytime u see a military personal
Re: How I Was Embarrassed By 2 Soldiers On My Graduation Day In Secondary School by Dpsychologist: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
ExAngel007:
next time you "calm down" anytime u see a military personal
Lol who no dey fear soldier

(1) (Reply)

ASUU: Why We Won't Call Off Strike - Lecturers / Hire A Qualified Online Statistics Tutor / Updated: Lagos Schools Resumption - Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.