Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

Very Heart Breaking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Very Heart Breaking (319 Views)

Heart Breaking Photos Of A Lady Who Lost Her 3brother To Sars In One Night / Heart Breaking Photos Of Underage Boy Working As A Labourer On Site (photos) / Man Shares Heart Breaking Picture Of A Camel He Saw At The Abuja Zoo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Very Heart Breaking by donvoice(m): 11:32am On Aug 01, 2020
It's a very annoying matter.

A man was caught on a CCTV camera staging an assault on a woman named Osimibibra Warmate, beating her mercilessly in a intimacy gadget shop in Abuja. His aides aided the beating.

That man is Senator Elijah Abbo, representing Adamawa North. You all saw the video, didn't you?

Abbo called a press conference where he admitted guilt and publicly apologised, before a litigation was instituted against him. You still remember?

Lest I forget, shortly after the whole assault show, Senator Abbo got a special recognition from a group in Adamawa. He also got an appointment as patron, by the leadership of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN).

Are you shocked?

Well, just yesterday, the case was struck out in court, on a no-case submission. Abbo won!

The Magistrate, Abdullahi Ilelah, said the viral video wasn't enough to substantiate the claim that the claimant was actually assaulted.

...and Jesus wept! I weep right now, too.

In a saner clime, Senator Abbo should be behind bars, by now. But, interestingly, he is in the National Assembly, making laws that would be binding on us all.

If our courts can't even defend a woman so bullied, with all the evidence to show, I wonder what is left of a country. What we have here is nothing but a banana republic.

Abuse against women must be labelled a criminal offence, accompanied with grave consequences, not necessarily capital punishments.

I have a wife, a mum, a sister, a niece and even as many female friends. I now fear for them.

Tomorrow, a similar idiot will move around and start dishing out slaps to all women around, for no reason, and nothing will happen.

I am so angry with the development, but I will still manage to say Happy New Month to you all.

I'm a Yoruba but now I agree this country is a ZOO

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Arrested Impregnating Two Sisters And Defrauding Mother / Dele Momodu Says He’s Ready To Give Most Of His Income To The Poor / Suspect Arrested For UNIBEN Student Uwa's Rape, Murder Says Gang Was Paid N1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.