Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Birthday - My Memorable Experience - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Birthday - My Memorable Experience (261 Views)

7 Words To Use To Create Memorable Images In Your Next Story / 7 Word To Use To Create Memorable Images In Your Next Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Birthday - My Memorable Experience by Layze(m): 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Happy new month guys!! � I wish us all blessings in this month of August.

Interestingly today happens to be my birthday; so u decided to drop this..

Thanks as you read along..

BIRTHDAY – MY MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE

Hi guys! It’s another beautiful day, another weekend and a new month. Let me ask you this: how many birthdays have you celebrated? Which one is the most memorable and unforgettable for you?

My last birthday is my most memorable one; albeit an unpleasant one. It was memorable because it answers the questions I’ve been asked over and over by different people over the past year: “why are you still single?” “When are you getting married?”
Whenever I’m asked these questions, my mind immediately remembers my last birthday. What happened that day has remained with me since but I decide to share it today; since it’s in the past now.

My birthday came up on a Thursday last year. I woke up as usual and went about my morning routine. I checked my phone and was amazed at the loads of texts and wishes from my colleagues and associates.
I prepared for work and left home very early. I was looking extra handsome that day. I just had a haircut the day before and donned new clothes and shoes.

At the office, everyone celebrated me; I was given a cake and some of my colleagues even went ahead and gave me gifts (watches, cards and so on).
Even my boss who rarely smile or laugh, Mr. Smith, smiled at me that day. It was an almost perfect day. However throughout my day at the office, one thing kept bothering me and I kept checking my mails and my phone: my fiancée Bisi and my close friend Charles are yet to send me any message or even call me.

Bisi was my fiancée but I haven’t met her family yet. I successfully convinced her about taking me to her family one of these days and she finally agreed.
She had been reluctant because she’s afraid of what they might think of me – she told me her family can be tough and hard especially on suitors of their daughters. Nonetheless, I want to meet them; I had insisted.

Bisi’s call or text what was I expected to receive first that morning; likewise that of Charles’s. I kept wondering what could be wrong. By 5pm I was about to leave my office when I received a call from Rose. Rose is my fiancée’s younger sister.
After exchanging greetings she said “are you done at work?” “Yes” I replied wondering why she was asking “could you please come straight to my house?” “Like right away?” I queried “yes please”.

We ended the call and I headed for Rose’s house. I was still sad about her sister and Charles snubbing me on my birthday. I have tried their number but it wasn’t going through.
I was thinking of going to Bisi’s house after seeing her sister; but I decided I won’t. She has a roommate and I am not always comfortable with her.

I got to Rose’s house and I knocked. Rose answered and opened the door after a few minutes. I thought the delay was unusual, ‘why did it take her so much time to open the door? At least she knew I was coming’. I brushed the thought away when I looked carefully at her.

Rose was so beautiful that evening; I always knew she’s beautiful, even more than her sister, but she looked extraordinary that evening – she looked peerless.
She was wearing a short red gown with navy blue flowers lined up around the hand and the neck region of the cloth. She looked radiating and I was instantly charmed. She smiled beautifully and gesture me to come in.
I walked inside and saw how beautiful her sitting room was. She asked me to sit down while she went into a room.

Rose reappeared minutes later; and guess what? She presented a big wrapped gift to me and whispered “happy birthday dear”. Guys, I tell you what, my heart melted; this girl is an angel. She was smiling at my shock-struck face. She asked me to open the gift and I proceeded. I opened it and my heart stopped beating.

Rose just gave me a large frame which contains a picture of me smiling. The work was beautifully done and I was in so much awe. I looked at her still smiling face; she was gesturing about something but my mind wasn’t even there.

I don’t know what made me do what I did next, probably it’s too much of Indian movie, I suddenly grabbed Rose and pulled her towards me. She was obviously confused and was about and opened her mouth to talk “uncle Dotun check the back of the frame and – “my kiss cut her off before she could go any further.

She was very surprised and stiffened; she opened her eyes wide and was trying to break away but I overpowered her and continued kissing her. I broke the kiss and looking straight into her eyes I said “I love you Rose; I really do.” I dropped the bombshell.

At that moment I saw Rose spun around and when she faced me again her clothes was changed; she was wearing adire attire which exposed her stomach and her skirt became long.
Her hair was fuller and she let it fly around her. Suddenly I could hear music and drums; I looked around and saw lots of dancers.
Everywhere was very colourful and bright. Rose was dancing and staring straight at me. I moved towards her and knelt down “Rose I love you; I really do”

Suddenly she started backing away and shaking her head while pointing at something behind me. “You don’t believe me? I love you more than your sister Rose. I’m serious, just give me a chance” I continued while still kneeling down.
Rose kept pointing behind me and backing away with a shaking head and I wondered what was behind me. I finally spun around and my heart sank. I wished immediately for the ground to open up and just swallow me; I wished it was all a bad dream and I would wake up soon.

Indian movies have finally finished me. I had been imagining all the colour and brightness all along. The room didn’t change, neither did Rose’s clothes; there were no drums nor music.

Right in front of me is my friend Charles, my fiancée Bisi and a group of old and young people; which I realized were Bisi’s family; Bisi had brought them to surprise me on my birthday. They obviously have overheard everything. They had arranged a surprise package for me and I’ve ruined everything.

I looked at the back of the frame Rose had given me and I saw a beautiful message from Bisi and one from Charles. Well, that’s how I went back to being single again..

#HBDAbdullah
#HBDLekan

Feed Your Mind Series
©2020

(1) (Reply)

CV And Cover Letter Writing / New Exciting Book On Kindle Store / GODMAN QUOTES 4 (digest It Without Eating It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.