Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract (1507 Views)

Buhari’s Ministers Divided Over Cancellation Of NIN Registration / Tinubu: Rescue Of Kankara Schoolboys Has Vindicated PMB / Leaked Whereabouts Of Nnamdi Kanu Has Vindicated Our Position, Says IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Nemere2020: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, says Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, has vindicated him on the cancellation of a maritime security contract given to Hosa Okunbo.

Okunbo, chairman of Ocean Marine Security Limited (OMSL), had accused the governor of influencing the cancellation of the contract.

In an open letter, Okunbo alleged that Obaseki attacked his company, leading to the loss of the contract to provide security on the Nigerian waterways — but the governor denied the claim.

In a statement on Saturday, Crusoe Osagie, Obaseki’s spokesman, said when Amaechi appeared on an AIT programme, he provided reasons for the cancellation of the contract.

According to Osagie, Amaechi said the transportation ministry cancelled the maritime security contract, which Okunbo’s OMSL was undertaking, because the deal was laced with fraud.

Amaechi reportedly said OMSL was grossly inefficient and did not have the federal government’s approval to execute the contract yet was charging very high rates.

“What security was he (Hokunbo) providing? He charges each vessel on the waters 2,500 dollars, then after that 1,500 everyday, he doesn’t pay back that money to the federal govt,” the minister was quoted to have said.

“He makes 17 million dollars from that activity, who approved it, nobody! So as minister for transport, I said no, we can provide that security, 195 million dollars was approved by the federal government to a company that is training Nigerians that will take over the waterways, and take care of the security, then Okunbo is now saying no no, I must do it, he can’t! I wonder why our personal interest will override national interest. I wonder what kind of country we belong to.”

Amaechi reportedly challenged Okunbo to come forward with the approval letter he got from the federal government to provide maritime security on the nation’s waterways.

“If you said Captain Hosa was doing it, how come we are currently ranked number one in the world in terms of insecurity in the maritime sector. When we came, we were number three, but now we are number one in the world,” he was quoted to have said.

“Now the second aspect beyond ranking number one in the world in insecurity, is the fact that we are notorious as a country in the whole of Gulf of Guinea; 80 per cent of the crimes in the Gulf of Guinea is committed in Nigerian waters.”

Reacting to the minister’s remark, Osagie said the clarification has shown that the governor has no hand in the cancellation of Okunbo’s maritime security contract.

“We are glad that the Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, came on air to lay this issue to rest in the minds of some Nigerians,” the statement read.

“For us, Amaechi’s clarification reinforces what we have always believed. Of course we know the governor was right, when he said that he had no hand in the cancellation of Okunbo’s maritime security contract, even though Captain Hosa would have people believe otherwise. Amaechi’s claim brings to rest, the argument over who was responsible for the cancellation of Okunbo’s contract.”
https://www.thecable.ng/obaseki-amaechi-has-vindicated-me-over-cancellation-of-okunbos-contract

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by GudluckIBB(m): 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
The Country matta don taya me.

Nigerian politicians are no longer afraid of Billions, they call,steal and spend it anyhow.

Sad!

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
According to Osagie, Amaechi said the transportation ministry cancelled the maritime security contract, which Okunbo’s OMSL was undertaking, because the deal was laced with fraud.

Okunbo - Fraud ($17m)
Maritime fraud..

Oshomole - Fraud(10bn)
http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/15/oshiomholes-fraud-efcc-blindness-and-buharis-endowment-corruption-bishop-dr-osadolor

Ize-iyamu - Fraud (700m)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/n700million-fraud-court-adjourns-case-against-ize-iyamu-four-others/amp/

EFCC clients.. Ize-Iyamu's mentors..

Edolites, use your head..Obaseki starved them of funds..

12 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Stylekay: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
GudluckIBB:
The Country matta don taya me.

Nigerian politicians are no longer afraid of Billions, they call,steal and spend it anyhow.

Sad!

Very bad precedence setting for the future generations

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by AroleOduduwa2: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Nairaland resident zombie won’t move an inch close to this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by FlordFlorez(m): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
Okunbo, a well known thief.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Luckydubby7(m): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
I pity my Edo people if by mistake elect Pastor Ize iyamu and his gangs.

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by WATCHOVER(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
Luckydubby7:
I pity my Edo people if by mistake elect Pastor Ize iyamu and his gangs.
Don't be afraid, Edo people are not dumb, just sit down, relax with your legs crossed and see how Edolites are going to deal with Oshiomhole, and his gangs.
The kind of results you will be getting, from polling Units, down to coalition center will shock you.
Oshiomhole is finished completely.

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Trumpcard05: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
Another revelation that further exposed & damns these fraudulent gangs both in high and low places seeking to sell our collective patrimony at all cost.

Edo people please let’s deliver Obaseki on September 19 please, we’ll be doing it for the benefit of our very future I beg of u.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by frankyychiji(f): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
Hmmm..

Capt Hosa? Na Dem.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
Forward ever
No room for EFCC customers

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Mo3891: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
cool
Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Leboska(m): 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
oshothief & his gangs

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by EagleNest(m): 4:25am On Aug 02, 2020
Replacing thief with thief...all na the same.
Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Unigrad: 7:28am On Aug 02, 2020
Almost all rich and wealthy individuals in Nigeria have one way or the other robbed the government.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Bighead9: 8:39am On Aug 02, 2020
Another Propaganda from a Governor that spent 4 years with nothing to show for it. Ugly and incompetent Obaseki's eyes go soon clear. Edo people are wiser now.

Re: Obaseki: Amaechi Has Vindicated Me Over Cancellation Of Okunbo’s Contract by Judeerons32: 8:52am On Aug 02, 2020
Enemy of the progress of his own people. If anything he has further implicated himself. We know Obaseki and Ameachi were bent on removing Oshiomhole and fighting anyone perceived to be sympathetic to the Comrade. Fraud indeed. Did Ameachi discover the fraud after 5years of Buhari govt? Story for the gods. Obaseki will be paid handsomely by the people Capt has assisted.

(1) (Reply)

ECSTATIC SCENES! :Market Women In Benin, Edo State Welcome Oshiomhole / Oshomole Plans To Form A New Political Party. / Nobody Is Declaring Biafra On October 12th, United Nations Don't Have The Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.