Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era (2782 Views)

Ipob And Precolonial "Igboland" / The Precolonial Slave Trade Of Igbo's In Picture / Gender Fluidity, Queerness, And Homosexuality In The Precolonial African Context (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Mbataku96(m): 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
I saw this revealing picture of igbo ladies, way back when life was crazy in this country,
Just thought I should share, tell me what you think of it.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by vonlogon: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
They look more like Tivs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by hisgrace090: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Thank God for modernization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by cardiak(m): 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
they Generation their business they cannot defend your clam because you don't even know them well your picture doesn't speak.

4 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Mbataku96(m): 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
hisgrace090:
Thank God for modernization.
I really thank God ooo

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Mbataku96(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
You guys should know that this picture inspired the design of "Okore's" costume in the movie Black Panther
Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Stylekay: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Seen

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Mo3891: 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
They are practically naked yet rape was not as rampant as it is now

7 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Mbataku96(m): 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mo3891:
there was order in the then society.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by hisgrace090: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mo3891:

Naturally people like to see what is hidden, while overlooking what they see daily.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Vyzz: 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
Might be igbos...

Might not be them....

U can't tell with a picture because a wise man says it might have a thousand meaning

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by DaInferno(m): 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
vonlogon:
They look more like Tivs
black racist

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by davillian(m): 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
I doubt
If igbos dress this way

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by vonlogon: 9:42am On Aug 02, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy actually they do, those rings around there legs are synonymous with Tivs. I might be wrong though.
DaInferno:
black racist
Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Hintona(f): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Vyzz:
Might be igbos...

Might not be them....

U can't tell with a picture because a wise man says it might have a thousand meaning

that was how precolonial Nigerians in every tribe dressed, there are many textbooks in our University library with Nigeria's tribal history and pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Hintona(f): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
please this should be moved to fp, Lalasticlala, thanks.

We should all know how precolonial Nigerians dressed before Nollywood will brainwash us.

5 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
They are young maidens dressed for a cultural display.

That is not the day-to-day outfit of a young Igbo maiden. It is more like a costume for a particular event.

Those girls were probably between 13 and 15.

Now in spite of the fact that there were no moisturisers back then, no lipsticks and none of the stuff that ladies use to make up now, they are far more appealing facially, than most of the girls perambulating the streets of Lagos presently.

5 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by BabaRamota1980: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
vonlogon:
They look more like Tivs

If indeed they are I wouldn't be surprised. Yanminri has no civilized culture. To force itself into one omoibo has continously stole bits and pieces from neighbouring cultures and claim as ibo. This wouldnt be an exception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by BabaRamota1980: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hintona:

that was how precolonial Nigerians in every tribe dressed, there are many textbooks in our University library with Nigeria's tribal history and pictures.

Abeg, dont whitewash this. These might not be ibos but if they were this was a readiness for an outing, a formal occassion like going to something very important. I wonder what their informal appearance was like. Beside, dont ever include Yoruba in your band of nakced uncivilized people. My people wore clothes when Livingstone and Landers visited. We wore clothes when dutch and portuguese were trade partners on our coast.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Hintona(f): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Abeg, dont whitewash this. These might not be ibos but if they were this was a readiness for an outing, a formal occassion like going to something very important. I wonder what their informal appearance was like. Beside, dont ever include Yoruba in your band of nakced uncivilized people. My people wore clothes when Livingstone and Landers visited. We wore clothes when dutch and portuguese were trade partners on our coast.

Are those not clothes they are wearing grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
They are Igbos and they are beautiful. Please show some respect to your grandparents.

Atleast not the mentally enslaaved generation of today.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by BabaRamota1980: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hintona:

Are those not clothes they are wearing grin

Where is the clothe?

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by 9jakool: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hintona:
please this should be moved to fp, Lalasticlala, thanks.

We should all know how precolonial Nigerians dressed before Nollywood will brainwash us.

That's certainly not how Yoruba or Hausa or many other tribes dressed, not that there is anything wrong with how precolonial Igbos dressed.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Hintona(f): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
9jakool:

That's certainly not how Yoruba or Hausa or many other tribes dressed, not that there is anything wrong with how precolonial Igbos dressed.

I'll open a thread on that soon.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Emilokoiyawon: 2:23am On Aug 05, 2020
Tivs not Igbos. Very beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by agadez007(m): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

really?

8 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hintona:

First there's nothing like precolonial Nigeria.

Second, the Yorubas have been fully clothed a long time ago.

One of their beautiful native clothes is Aso-oke.

Check out when history determined they invented it.

And it might have even been earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by agadez007(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
FrLukas:

Oyo and ijebu must be ibo land cos they were not fully clothed

10 Likes

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Hintona(f): 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
FrLukas:

Pre colonial Niger Area

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Picture Of Igbo Ladies Back In The Precolonial Era by Mbataku96(m): 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Tivs not Igbos. Very beautiful.
this is an Igbo picture

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribalism In Marriage / Can You Date Or Marry A Person With Tribal Marks? (Graphic picture) / This Is What Arusi Means In Igbo: Don't Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.