Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? (381 Views)

This Is The Trick Some Churches Use To Raise Funds! / Some Churches Still Lock Their Members In So They Can Pray More. / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Alexgman1(m): 6:15am On Aug 02, 2020
Have being a christian all my life, attended several churches & denominations. Have come to realise that in some churches women dont cover their hair at all from beginning to the end of the service. While some churches are very strict with hair covering when coming to their church. I really want to know what the bible says concerning the issue of hair covering by women in the church or when praying. Why are some churches taking covering of hair while in service serious & some are less bothered or concerned about it?
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Nbotee(m): 6:24am On Aug 02, 2020
Doctrines differ from church to church... I know a particular church dat encourages a particular head covering becos others are supposedly from d marine kingdom
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:29am On Aug 02, 2020
You think the creator of heaven and earth gives a fook whether a woman covers her hair?

The same way the allow arch bar people think Ala gives a fook about how a man stays to pee infact the 6th century desert dwelling caravan raiding war lord said many people who will be in hell will be there because they urinated while standing instead of squatting lol

When we as humans will not throw our children inside fire for peeing on the bed how much more a loving God will throw most of his children into EVERLASTING FIRE for not covering hair or for peeing while standing total b.s

4 Likes

Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by popsy2(m): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2020
Dunno
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by 0temSapien: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2020
In life, fashion changes and it is above religion and religious gods. People have outgrown religious rules and laws and that's ok. If Jehovah who commanded female not wearing male clothing were to be with us today, some fashionistas will school him on the benefit of women putting on trousers and he will end up agreeing with them. we evolve.
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by paxonel(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2020
Alexgman1:
Have being a christian all my life, attended several churches & denominations. Have come to realise that in some churches women dont cover their hair at all from beginning to the end of the service. While some churches are very strict with hair covering when coming to their church. I really want to know what the bible says concerning the issue of hair covering by women in the church or when praying. Why are some churches taking covering of hair while in service serious & some are less bothered or concerned about it?
if you stay in your house nobody will bother you about whether you cover your hair or not. It is in church that men will postulate doctrines that will always reduce women before them.
What is covering of hair and how many women that one help?
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by DropsMic(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2020
Why do women talk in church.. Why?
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by chiommy123(f): 7:13am On Aug 02, 2020
Because some Churches just want people to be coming in their numbers without making them understand the word of God. Just come as you are with your tithe and offering.
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Inteltower: 9:27am On Aug 02, 2020
a lady's hair is her covering ..go and read your Bible and stop asking silly questions

always know that there is a difference between religion and faith

when God created Eve did he demand her to cover her hair.

sometimes we listen to voices that aren't of God that are jealous of the beauty God gave to women.
go to Islam and see the slavery
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2020
Because Jesus Christ never commanded that women cover their hair.
Jesus Christ also never commanded you to kneel down, close your eyes or even attend some service at a place called church either

1 Like

Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by petra1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Alexgman1:
. I really want to know what the bible says concerning the issue of hair covering by women in the church or when praying. Why are some churches taking covering of hair while in service serious & some are less bothered or concerned about it?

Nice question . Number one , The covering of hair is Not a church doctrine . Reference to it in the Bible has to do with culture .

1 Corinthians 11:5
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

It was for married women . They needed to cover their hair in public because it was the costom in their culture for married people to be covered . It was a sign of ownership by a man . Just like wedding ring . It’s like a woman goes out here without her wedding ring . It’s about husband and wife not even about girls or unmarried ladies . Neither a church custom .

1 Corinthians 11:16
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Omis01: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
1 Corinthians 11:15
[15]But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Alexgman1:

There is nowhere in God's law that says women must cover their hairs during worship!

It became a tradition amongst Christians when persecution arose and most Christians were females, so since a female is not supposed to lead during worship {1Corinthians 14:34-35; 1Timothy 2:12} and there happens to be no qualified (baptized) male around to lead in worship, the baptised female should take the lead but must have her head covered in respect of males in the church because that position of oversight she's occupying belongs only to males! 1Corinthians 11:7-10.
But in the case where enough males to officiate are available the ladies only need their natural long hairs as coverings no need of extra covering! 1Corinthians 11:15 smiley
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Aug 03, 2020
Nbotee:
Doctrines differ from church to church... I know a particular church dat encourages a particular head covering becos others are supposedly from d marine kingdom
Jesus Christ warned against Doctrines and traditions of men such as these some of which set themselves up as gods over the lives of Jesus Christ's own flock stipulating laws and rules that have nothing to do with God, in the name of God.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
Re: In Some Churches Women Dont Cover Their Hair Why? by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Aug 03, 2020
chiommy123:
Because some Churches just want people to be coming in their numbers without making them understand the word of God. Just come as you are with your tithe and offering.
... your forgot to add that they lie to them in the name of God too.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

(1) (Reply)

? / Nobody Can Know The Day Of Rapture / Popular Nigerian Pastor Rocks 3 Daughters With Burna Boy's Twice As Tall(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.