Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming (85159 Views)

An Oyibo Encounters Agberos While Filming Content In Lagos Island / TVC News Resumes Broadcasting (Photos) / #bbnaija: Why I Said Alex Throws Herself At Male Housemates — Ceec Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by JONSYN7154: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2020
majamajic:
To be released November next year !

Hope Nollywood crew are listening ,
Not ' that movie we went to shoot in enugu last week is out oo !
that's y I don't watch Nigerian films.
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by earnit3: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2020
Oh
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Onitola2: 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2020
MrSensor:
My Hollywood movie heroes will always be Church Norris, Silvestre Stallone, Anorld Schwarzenegger, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan only.
you're old school man, new and better actors are out there.
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by 10kgod(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
like this man for his real stunts in movies.

Osogbo people, laundry services at your door step. we are available at all time. check my signature
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by RealMillennial(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
Abasi mbok what is he filming again??

Maybe that's his way of saying "fvck you COVID, I'm back"!
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by LINTUNE(m): 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
Brachaa:
Cool. I just like this guys physic. cool
He looks so much like my dad. cry
physique
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
LINTUNE:
physique

Thanks. But you shouldn't have quoted na.
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Offpoint: 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2020
mcdokwe:

Someone should please explain this to me, I see a lot of 'stunt doubles' in the cast lists and I wonder, does it mean so.e of the stunts are real and have to be performed by actors other that the main act?
There are stunt actors, they act the most risky part because they're trained for that in real life. While the main character are involved in less risky stunts.

Lot of stunts are real bro, check for BEHIND THE SCENES of any movie on YouTube.
Some movie might be studio work, but some are real life action.

2 Likes

Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by thuao(m): 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
iamyemiakins:
Still proving no Mission is Impossible! wink

Execpt getting it right in Nigeria
Getting good leaders and patriotic followers
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by mentored: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
iamyemiakins:
For a man who has swung from a 2,700ft building, clung to the outside of a plane taking off and learned to hold his breath underwater for six minutes, a parachute jump doesn’t represent a Mission: Impossible, even at the age of 58.

Tom Cruise, who famously likes to perform his own stunts, last week threw himself out of a helicopter 10,000ft over the Oxfordshire countryside for the latest movie in the franchise.

Two of the other cast members joined him in the skydive after filming on Mission: Impossible 7 resumed following a Covid shutdown.

Writer-director Christopher McQuarrie has promised at least three ‘obscene’ stunts as the franchise continues, admitting that even he’s ‘terrified’ of his own plans.

Cruise has been practising his stunts during lockdown, and has been seen racing around dirt tracks on a motocross bike and piloting a helicopter.

The actor broke his ankle while filming a stunt for the last Mission: Impossible movie in London three years ago, but that hasn’t dampened his enthusiasm for daredevil action.

He later recalled how he sustained the injury when his foot hit a wall during a heart-stopping rooftop chase involving co-star Henry Cavill.

‘I knew instantly my ankle was broken,’ he said. ‘But I really didn’t want to do it again so just got up and carried on with the take.

‘[After the shot] I said “It’s broken, that’s a wrap, take me to hospital”, and everyone got on the phone and made their vacation arrangement.’

Cruise – who is planning to shoot a future movie on board the International Space Station – personally lobbied Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden for permission to allow shooting to restart on Mission: Impossible 7, despite the coronavirus crisis, but with a reduced crew. It is now due for release in November next year.

Last week it was revealed that McQuarrie wanted to blow up a 111-year-old bridge in Poland as part of the shoot, much to the consternation of locals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8583971/Tom-Cruise-throws-helicopter-10-000ft.html

I will never be poor

Working hard

And trusting in the Lord
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Ayuzz007(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
He is an Icon, extraordinary and skillful. He can drive, ride, pilot, sail, can't wait for this after MI: Fallout.

Also anticipating 007 ; No time to die
covid hits everywhere faa.
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Nostradamu(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
nairavsdollars:
ikorodu boys, oya come do your own

Dem born dem? grin grin grin grin
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by letilex: 11:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
Pls guys check out my channel i have great content i am so talented and i just need more views thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kRVvR60ToY
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by QuickStandard: 12:05am On Aug 04, 2020
Nuel19:

And so?

Do you understand English at all?

What's the difference between the phrases?

The fact that you even contested my argument says alot about your know of English language.

So your teachers taught you that "throw down" is same as dive..... SMH
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by 6digitscomrade: 5:17am On Aug 04, 2020
shaggy007:

Jesu Christi

This one pass me.

I'm even surprised you can spell Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan correctly

I've seen worse:

Tony highfinger (Tommy Hilfiger)
Maka spender (marks and Spencer)
Luwee butom (Louis Vuitton)
u won’t be allowed entry to paradise if u continue diz inglorious act of savagery ���☺️
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Wierdceo: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
I love you so much Tom Cruise. You inspire me .
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Unrated900(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
If buhari could still be president of Nigeria

Then Every mission is possible
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hmmm!Na which Nigerian male actor go fit do this kain thing? Mr. Ibu, chiwetala agu,jide Kosoko on my mind
Re: Tom Cruise Throws Himself Out Of Helicopter From 10,000ft As He Resumes Filming by hectorswag(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2020
majamajic:
To be released November next year !

Hope Nollywood crew are listening ,
Not ' that movie we went to shoot in enugu last week is out oo !

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / Big Brother Cameroon Kitchen On Fire, Female Housemates Run / BBNaija: See How Nigerians Voted Their Favorite Housemates (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.