Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Fela Anikulapo Kuti (abami Eda)- 23 Years After. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fela Anikulapo Kuti (abami Eda)- 23 Years After. (197 Views)

Throwback Record Of The Week: Fela Anikulapo Kuti - Beasts Of No Nation (1989) / Poshman Ft. Seyi Vibez – EDA MI / US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fela Anikulapo Kuti (abami Eda)- 23 Years After. by PaulH07: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
TODAY MARKS 23YEARS FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI JOINED THE REALMS OF OUR ANCESTORS (BORN OCTOBER 15 1938_DIED AUGUST 2, 1997)

Fela Kuti left a legacy that has lived on and survived for decades with his songs maintaining their relevance today, and his children pushing his signature activism through music as perfected by their father.

He has lived up to his adopted middle name "ANIKULAPO" which means "he who carries death in his pouch", with the interpretation: "I will be the master of my own destiny, and will decide when it's time for death to take me".

Like a prophecy, he has never been forgotten and his name is still mentioned each year, with events to commemorate his life and legacy.

ABAMI EDA TI DI ORISHA!

ABAMI EDA LIVES ON!

(1) (Reply)

These Days / Vote Now For The Worst Rapper Ever! (round 3)! / Youths In Rivers Destroy Vehicle Belonging To The State Task Force After It Alle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.