Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? (967 Views)

Who Built Theses Apps. Wificall App, Oride App, And Kobo360 App / Built A To-do-list Web App With Django And Bootstrap. / Javascript Source Code For GPA Calculator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
I have seen a lot of web developers portfolio on twitter and one thing that stands out mostly is the to do list and the calculator. Most web developers seem to have this on their portfolio websites?

Do this projects make one employable. I tried doing the to do app and it took like 8 lines of Javascript. Is it wise to include something so basic on ones portfolio?

1 Like

Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by Shepherdd(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
I have seen a lot of web developers portfolio on twitter and one thing that stands out mostly is the to do list and the calculator. Most web developers seem to have this on their portfolio websites?

Do this projects make one employable. I tried doing the to do app and it took like 8 lines of Javascript. Is it wise to include something so basic on ones portfolio?

I think todos most of the time are evidence of completing a beginner class or a boot camp. Almost every developer possess that so it doesn't really count.

Calculator on the other is different in that there are different approach of coding it. If Else style falls in the to-do category, but a more complex lexing and parsing style where essentially what you are building is a mini compiler is definitely worth to be put on a portfolio.
Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by stanliwise(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

To-Do eight lines. which kind zobo be that ?
Implement anything you like on your port-folio but here is it:
Clean syntax
Good commenting
Some little complex functionality.
Should show your experience. If you are applying as senior dev then your code should look it, if not then it should look like your level.
Portfolio should contain stuffs related to what is a bit similar or helpful to where you are applying, don't code a website portfolio to a company needing cryptocurrency programmers.
Be fine.
Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
stanliwise:

To-Do eight lines. which kind zobo be that ?
Implement anything you like on your port-folio but here is it:
Clean syntax
Good commenting
Some little complex functionality.
Should show your experience. If you are applying as senior dev then your code should look it, if not then it should look like your level.
Portfolio should contain stuffs related to what is a bit similar or helpful to where you are applying, don't code a website portfolio to a company needing cryptocurrency programmers.
Be fine.
To do na 8 lines na. Take the input value give it a constant and then assign it to a new document which you can use document.createelement to create then insert it anywhere on the document then add an event listener of some sort on the submit button to get the input value. I don see the thing on many web developer portfolio.

1 Like

Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by stanliwise(m): 10:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

To do na 8 lines na. Take the input value give it a constant and then assign it to a new document which you can use document.createelement to create then insert it anywhere on the document then add an event listener of some sort on the submit button to get the input value. I don see the thing on many web developer portfolio.
You can add more functionalities. Like to do with event-log, notifications. Powerful inteface, and tick functionality for what has been done. Lock functionality for password. Category functionality. Back up functionality.

1 Like

Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
stanliwise:

You can add more functionalities. Like to do with event-log, notifications. Powerful inteface, and tick functionality for what has been done. Lock functionality for password. Category functionality. Back up functionality.
Those are amazing functionalities o. I would build one and add all of them.

1 Like

Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by Chamladas: 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Kindly share the 8 lines so we can see.
Thanks
Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Chamladas:

Kindly share the 8 lines so we can see.
Thanks
I already did
Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by sonofthunder: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on you though. I saw a tutorial on YouTube where the guy added other functionalities to the code so you can remove items, edit items. Stuff like that.
Re: Does Having A To-do List App And Calculator On Ones Portfolio Matter? by spartan117(m): 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Todo-list app with 8 lines?
Mine took 130+ lines. It certainly depends on the features you add, if all you are doing is manipulate the DOM to add some text then 8 lines should be enough.

(1) (Reply)

Aspx Programming Clues And News / Java / Anyone Got Oracle 11g New Features For Administrators Dumps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.