Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:55 PM

Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption (3986 Views)

Updates On Tertiary School As Some States Set To Resume Today. / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions / BREAKING: JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Tertiary Institutions & Resumption Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by sundayoga(m): 9:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
NUC gives Vice Chancellor's one week to endorse a template for Higher Institution preparednes to Resume
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities will please recall that, as part of the measures to contain and
prevent the spread ot the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Federal Government, through the Federal Ministry
of Education, ordered the immediate closure of all Schools, including Universities on 23 March, 2020.

All Schools have since remained closed, until the recent decision to allow only Exiting Classes to resume to
enable final year students to participate in the 2020 West Afriean Senior School Certifñicate Examination
including other examinations, to be conducted by NECo, NABTEB and NBAIS.

As Vice-Chancellors are already aware, following the gradual easing of the restrictions as part of the
Management of Covid19, there have been several stakeholder consultations as well as meetings with the Honourable minister of Education with the attendant clamour by concemed citizens for the reopening of Higher Education Institution (HEIs) and Resumption of Activities. In the midst of these, the Federal Ministry of Education had since developed and circulated Guidelines for Schools and Learning
Facilities to provide the required support for the Safe Re-Opening of Schools and resumption ot academic activities.

Cognisant however, of the peculiar circumstances and the distinct nature of the University sub-Sector, the
National iversities Commission has developed the attached template to generate data/information on the preparednes of Universitices for possible reopening and resumption of academic activities amid the
COVID19 Pandemic.

The termplate also provides for data on physical facilities such as infrastructure for
Digital Delivery, Lecture Theatres, Halls and Classrooms, Laboratories/Workshops/Studios: and students accomodation.

The Unversity is also required to indicate the measures/strategies that have been put in
Place preparatory to a safe and hitch-free reopening of institutions, in readiness for the commencement of
full academic activities. Such infomation when generated across the entire sub-sector, will provide the
Commission with a full picture of the challenges as well as guide policy options by Government.

I am to add that all duly completed templates are to be endorsed by the Vice-Chancellor and submitted
to the Executive Secretary's Office within one week,
Please accept the renewed assurarnces of the Executive Secretary's highest regards.

Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by ELibraryNG: 12:47am On Aug 03, 2020
Make I read am first
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by Vision4God: 1:21am On Aug 03, 2020
Only God will save Nigeria's educational system. What can we say we are proud of?
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by emmanuelpeace1(m): 2:29am On Aug 03, 2020
H
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2020
Fake

1 Like

Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by jUeLiZ: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2020
when are we going back to school? that's what we want to know.
Nigeria educational system is in chaos right now, infact Nigeria as a country is at the verge of collapse. Nothing seems to be properly functional in the country.....i pray we get to 2023 speedily as soon as possible so some clueless folks wil goan rest .
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by Folabimi(m): 8:36am On Aug 03, 2020
Nice one, hope they are prepared enough to resume soon
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by projectreserve2: 8:44am On Aug 03, 2020
nice
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by sammieking2017(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by LandmarkUnivers: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2020
What are you waiting for?

Landmark University is currently receiving applications for admissions into the 2020/2021 Academic Session.

Did you know that Landmark University has a sustainable record of UNINTERRUPTED #academic calendar since it opened its gates in 2011?

EVEN NOW, our students are actively ENGAGED academically on our E-LEARNING platform despite the lockdown.

To apply, please visit www.admission.lmu.edu.ng
or
call the Admission Office via +2348151319178, +2347038205649, +2348160864515.

Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by tokzyfeller: 10:24am On Aug 03, 2020
I'm into research projecting, I guide and assist undergraduate and postgraduate students in writing their project work, if u need any assistance, contact me via call/whatsapp on 08109766437

Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by Samfloxin(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2020
Hit like if you believe that Nigeria education system has failed and will continue to fail like other sectors.
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by Meel: 11:17am On Aug 03, 2020
Dem don scam us.
All nursing students are resuming to write there council exam by August snd september ( RN, RM).

Why should nursing students resume to write exams and other student not??

1 Like

Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by yommyoke: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2020
jUeLiZ:
when are we going back to school? that's what we want to know.
Nigeria educational system is in chaos right now, infact Nigeria as a country is at the verge of collapse. Nothing seems to be properly functional in the country.....i pray we get to 2023 speedily as soon as possible so some clueless folks wil goan rest .

Do you mean rest??
Sorry to say, people will still vote them in. Struggle continues till eternity, until God calls those looters to hell.
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
[s]
Samfloxin:
Hit like if you believe that Nigeria education system has failed and will continue to fail like other sectors.
[/s]

it has failed, correct
but it will not continue to fail..
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by WoeBetide666: 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
Schools should never resume
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by HigherEd: 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
Interesting

Lalasticlala
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by Tiffe(m): 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
I smell resumption oo
Re: Update On Tertiary Institutions' Resumption by LKTJ123(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
I Have Move On With My Life, If School Like Make Dem No Resume.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aaua Admission List Is Out! / Kwara Poly 2010/2011 Session Utme Screening Exercise / Which Set Of University Students Study The Hardest (most)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.