Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Jessica: He Left A Dagger In Her Heart But She Lived To Do This - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jessica: He Left A Dagger In Her Heart But She Lived To Do This (171 Views)

What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life / Trust Is Honey And Mistrust Is A Dagger / Trust Is Honey And Mistrust Is A Dagger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jessica: He Left A Dagger In Her Heart But She Lived To Do This by anekearinze(m): 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
[b][/b]

Jessica looked every inch a very successful woman. She said to me, "We met while in college. Jossy was a brilliant lad and very popular in school for the same reason. I wasn't doing so well in the sciences. I gravitated towards him to help me out especially in those subjects that involved calculations. With time, our friendship started developing into a spark that both of us could not neglect. One night, after prep, Jossy walked me to the gate of the female hostel. He walked closer to me, held me by the waist and our lips met. This was in our final year. I could remember that moment because it was my first time. I felt like a queen sitting on Jossy’s throne. I went to my bed that night and slept like a baby. We stayed in the relationship through the university and finally walked down the aisle three years after graduation."

She stroked her hair for the umpteenth time and I could notice that her nails were neatly done. She continued, "Life was sweet from thereon. I loved Jossy with all my life and I was ready to go through the storm for him. Love is a phenomenon that takes two to tango. I knew loving someone who does not return the love is like shaking the mighty Iroko tree to make the tiny dewdrops shower the ground. I wasn't sure how much love Jossy had for me but I was sure he was committed to our relationship. In my case, there was nothing else to prove. Aside from choosing to be his wife, I gave him my virginity and sacrificed being with my family to spend the rest of my life with him. I gave up my father’s name for him too. I doubt if anyone would question my love. Anyway, the babies started coming and our joy grew in leaps and bounds until Glory walked into our lives and shattered what took us over a decade to build."

As I watched Jessica dish out instructions on the phone, I was searching for the scars of yesterday without success- that was a sign that she moved on so perfectly. She continued, "Glory was the sunshine that I thought was going to illuminate my marriage but in contrast, it ended up drying away the life we had in it. After my third child, we felt we needed some help and glory became an option. She was a key member of the youth team where we worshipped and I believed my family would be safe in her hands. We met during bible classes and my first child, Emmanuela, became deeply attracted and attached to her. I would allow her to spend time with my kids while I went to work. Within one month of her coming over to help, my husband started going late for work. I would leave before him unlike before. And when I returned, I found him at home. I didn't suspect any foul play even after he suddenly applied for vacation. He said he wanted to rest when I dug further. Suddenly, I noticed he was paying more attention to Glory. He spent more time with her and showered her with gifts. The first panic came when I returned home from work one day and found Glory’s undies on our bed. When I confronted her, she said it would have dropped on the bed when she came to lay one of the kids on the bed. A few days later, I bumped into them having a steamy session when curiosity led me home earlier than usual. The sight of Glory riding Jossy like a crazy matador while he was clutching her thighs killed me a million times over while I stood there and watched."

Jessica flipped her hair and stroked it once more. In this concluding emotional part, she said, "Jossy got up quickly when he saw me; Glory frantically clutched her clothes and scampered away like a frightened rat. When I tried to confront Jossy, he beat me up and shoved me out of the door. I thought it was just a nightmare and I prayed to be shaken out of it but I was wrong. Jossy insisted that I leave with the kids even after the family members and friends intervened. I left- my life was shattered before my eyes. I had been in this relationship for decades only for it to escape me without warning. I suffered a severe heartbreak and had to be taken to a psychiatric hospital for help. When I returned home, I sat with a man of God who talked sense into me and drove it inside my head that I still had life left in me and some great kids to raise. I left my job and went into the cement business. The knowledge that I was in it all alone became the driving force. It is twenty-two years since this happened and my first daughter who graduated as a medical doctor would be getting married this weekend. My only son just graduated with first class in Statistics and has been offered a job by Google. My last child is in Russia studying medicine. I was able to do this because I completely erased what Jossy put me through and focused rather on raising my kids. I forgave him too and this way, I was able to free myself to focus on better things ahead. I learnt that Glory and Jossy later got married but she left him with their two kids and eloped with a much younger lover. It was none of my business then because I had a huge business to manage. I would have been in China to seal a new business offer if not for the coming wedding..."

REFLECTION

I have seen a lot of broken hearts. And I have suffered one before- it is the loudest quiet moment one can ever go through. The blow is silent but the impact is deafening. Love could be so strong that someone could shatter your heart and you would see yourself yearning for the same person, with the little broken pieces left in the process. But in life, I have seen instances where good things fall apart in order to create room for better things to happen to us. In between our discussion, Jessica said to me, “I had a job that was paying me a monthly stipend. When Jossy threw me out, I started a business and gave it my all since I knew I was the only one in the wrecked ship. In the end, what I lost in Jossy, I gained in a flourishing distributorship business, and well-trained children, that loved me more than anyone would ever have done. These give me the utmost fulfillment”

There is nothing that your heart cannot take even if it feels like it right now. I can assure you that nothing mends itself like a broken heart but you must give it time and belief. There is always the future ahead of a broken heart and what it shapes into is in your hands. Never try to make anyone your priority when the only thing you are to them is an option.

Anyone that was capable of breaking your heart does not deserve you. Wipe your tears and fix the future that is ahead of you. I have seen a lot of women who were thrown out of their marriages that created a future far bigger than they ever dreamt of.

For more, kindly click on the link below:
https://anekearinzeblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Don't Know What Is Happening To Me / Who Is At Work In This Guy Life? / EFCC Arrests Seven Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.