Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Feminine Hygiene | The Cost And Who's Paying? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Feminine Hygiene | The Cost And Who's Paying? (161 Views)

� How To Wash Your Vagina & Vulva | Dos & Don'ts | Feminine Hygiene Routine / Fresh Food, Sanitation And Hygiene The Perfect Combination To A Healthy Life. / Always Sanitary Pad Removes Feminine Logo To Accommodate Transgender Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Feminine Hygiene | The Cost And Who's Paying? by Wearabletech: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2020
What has changed about feminine hygiene over the years?

Throughout history, feminine hygiene has remained an interesting yet delicate subject.

In 2019, the world’s population was put at 7.674 billion people, with 3.763 billion being born with female Instruments.

It is almost inevitable that these individuals have, or will have a period in which the uterus sheds mucosal tissue together with blood through the vagina.

A recent encounter challenged my mastery feminine hygiene.

A cousin who turned 21 in May jokingly inquired if females could become pregnant without sexual intercourse.

I was momentarily stunned and answered, "No" even though there's such a thing as cryptic pregnancy.

Being a nurse, I recognised a health seeking behaviour so I probed further.

I realised that the physical, medical, financial and psychological burden beneath her awkward smile never crossed my mind.

It happened that she did not have her period for a few months and she insisted she had not engaged in any sexual activity.

So I thought, clinically, she can’t be pregnant.
I took a closer look at her and saw that she had developed signs of hysterical pregnancy.

The cessation of her period had imposed immense stress on her and her hormones were out of sync.

Hysterical pregnancies are rare and often resemble pregnancy in every way, except the presence of a baby. In all cases, the woman is absolutely certain that she is pregnant.

I called for a comprehensive laboratory investigation which included venereal disease test, pregnancy test, HVS culture and sensitivity, blood count and malaria test.

She tested negative to all except malaria and a high yield of germs after the culture.

Growth of harmful bacteria can lead to an infection when in contact with the genital tract.

Altogether, this could result to a variation in the pH of vaginal secretions which further leads to a change in vaginal flora.

Check the link for more��
https://smaartcollections.com/feminine-hygiene-cost-of-menstruation/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Stem Cell Therapy For All Ailments / Invest In Your Health / How To Know If You Got It: Coronavirus Smell Loss 'different From Cold And Flu'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.