Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Dessers Denies Planning To Dump Nigeria For Belgium - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dessers Denies Planning To Dump Nigeria For Belgium (260 Views)

Nwakali To Dump Super Eagles For European Country – Brother, Allwell Nwakali / Cyriel Dessers And Paul Onuachu Score To Help Genk Open Season With Victory / Tyronne Could Still Dump Nigeria For Netherlands – Leitbig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dessers Denies Planning To Dump Nigeria For Belgium by solbase10(m): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2020
Super Eagles hopeful, Cyriel Dessers, has debunked claims he is still interested in playing for Belgium despite already committing his international future to Nigeria.

Dessers was quoted by a media outlet, Het Belang van Limburg, that he is still open to featuring for Belgium.

“One of my best friends is a video analyst of the Red Devils (Belgium), so I sometimes catch up on something, but I have not yet spoken to Roberto Martinez myself.

“I now focus on Genk and make goals, the rest will come naturally. That has always been my motto. At the moment, the national team is not an issue, we will not know until September.

“Maybe I will be summoned somewhere, maybe not.”

But the 25-year-old born to a Belgian father and a Nigerian mother, has described the report as unfounded lies.

“They made a story from nothing. I didn’t even talk with Belgium and then they make a story,” the KRC Genk new signing told AOIFootball.

“I said I hoped for a call (from Nigeria) in September, but that’s not even sure. That’s the coach who decides, It’s not in my hands.

“It’s just the clickbait sites who take things out of context and make juicy titles.”

The former Heracles Almelo striker further stated that the suggestion to play for Belgium was made by Luc Nilis a former Belgian player.

He said Nilis suggested him to Martinez, but he remains committed to making his debut for Nigeria when international matches resume.

Dessers was set to make his Super Eagles debut in March, but the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying double header against Sierra Leone was called off due to Covid-19 pandemic.

He has been in impressive form for Genk in their pre-season games, scoring four goals in four games.
Log on to www.completesports.com to read more interesting news like this. @completesportsnigeria @Completesports #breakingnews #sports #news ##sportsnews #caf #football #footballnews

(1) (Reply)

The Making Of Kai Havertz; Chelsea Transfer Target. / ‘greenwood’s An 18-year-old Kid Who Needs Managing’ – Solskjaer Slams England / NBA Playoffs - Heat Vs Lakers Game 2 Live Stream Free Heat V Lakers Reddit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.