Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Making Money In Riverine Area - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Money In Riverine Area (373 Views)

How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks / "5k Is Not Small Money In This Buhari Weather"- Angry First Bank Customer / 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making Money In Riverine Area by JioProjects(m): 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2020
Good day. Welcome to another inspiring episode of Jio Notes.
Well last week was both fun and stressful. I traveled to the land of the Ijaw's and it's a unique area that I love because of their riverine terrine, abundance in crude oil, dancing pattern and lots more
Though I have visited few times but this journey was unique in that I took note of certain things.
I know you might be wondering what I went there for. Well I went to teach in a youth convention @ His Presence Family Bible Church hosted in Ogodobiri.

The Speed boat movement and the galloping was exciting and as I watch the way the water was splashing I fell in love with nature more.

I was fascinated at how the captain was avoiding some parts, avoiding the Fisher men and women's net line areas and of course the water plants floating around some parts. In all this, I saw that in all you do there is no option for mastery. It's not enough to know something, you should strive to be a master in any craft you find yourself in.

Also I decided to travel to another town very early so as to have a new experience but I learnt how to sell. Well how they hustle for passengers in the morning was where my mind blowing insight came from. On getting to a nearby village the captain drove to the jetty and no one was there so he revised and moved almost to the beginning of the village and started heading to the jetty with little velocity and by the time we came back we found one passenger and we moved to about the end of the village and revised again and found 1 passenger again before proceeding to the next village.

Well my lesson was simple: in marketing do not assume everyone has heard about you or seen your product. Advertise over and over again. Review your strategy and try again. The more noise you make the more your presence is felt and like Ajulu will always say the best known always beat the best.

How water divide and created islands brought about the idea of multiple streams of income flow. But you must know that before getting into multiple streams you should have mastered and start earning from one before engaging another to avoid depression and discouragement. Well some persons have the ability to do many things same time without falling apart but my advice will be to engage and master 1 1st and little by little engage in related fields and all you wish.

Now let's talk about earning a living in the riverine area.
1. Fishing: It’s obvious that Fishing is what they do, yes you can get skilled in it and earn from it.
2. Dredging: if you have the finance to set up a sand dredging facility you would earn massively.
3. Wood/plank sawing logs mill: You can set this up since there are lots of trees around and make heart blowing cash from supplies
4. Fuel: This is something that might not look fancy to many but in business it's about the money o. These villages do not have fuel pump stations and so rely on the local agents that sell (black market). You can get a connected to a local refinery that supplies you fuel at good rate and all you need do is get a good speed boat with experienced captain to deliver your package.
5. Foodstuffs: I learnt that ice fish sells is a massive source of income to those who sell foodstuffs because they are tired of their fresh water fish. Aside from that they only get other foodstuffs on their market days or they will have to travel to nearby town.
6. Cosmetic’s: I won't talk more on this because it's a very vital part of daily necessity that is almost not found around.
7. Airtime and data sells: if you can start up a little kiosk where you print mobile phone recharge cards and sells of data you would be making a lot on daily basis, as they travel to nearby town to get airtime.
8. POS: Point Of Sell services are goldmines because there are no banks around.

Bonus:
A. Speed boat riding business: if you have the money to buy one.
B. Hire purchase on speed boat: You can buy and get some ride on hire purchase or fail returns
The regular boat used there is the "W19 fiber boat with 60hp outboard engine" which cost within 2MN and above
C. Graphic design and photo coping center.
D. Photography: you can set up a studio there and also get a make-up artist to partner with you or you hire one.

Thanks for reading. Please if you love this article feel free to drop your comments and share
You can consult me for more business chat and let's help you get started.
07069120196(call or Whatsapp)

1 Share

Re: Making Money In Riverine Area by dawnomike(m): 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
Please which riverine state is the stated village of Ogodobiri located? I will love go on a tour
Re: Making Money In Riverine Area by JioProjects(m): 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
dawnomike:
Please which riverine state is the stated village of Ogodobiri located? I will love go on a tour

Delta State.
Bomadi axis

(1) (Reply)

Shoprite Debunks Exit Rumour, Says We Are Not Leaving Nigeria. / 8 Best Online Jobs For Students To Earn Money In 2020 / Amazing Deal! OK Shirt Sellers, Check This Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.