|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,713,286 members, 6,410,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 July 2021 at 12:20 AM
|Writertain Top 10 Nigerian Romance Novels by Divepen1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2020|
Nigerian romance novels have taken a beautiful new turn. Find below our top ten Nigerian Romance books.
1. The Secret Lives of Baba Segi’s Wives: This is a scandalous, gripping tale of sexual politics and family strife in modern-day Nigeria.
- Longlisted for the 2011 Orange Prize
- Won the 2011 PEN Oakland Josephine Miles Literary Award and won two awards.
- Translated into seven languages, published in Italian as Prudenti Come Serpenti
2. The spider’s daughter by Chibundu Onuzo-: Abike, 17-year-old spoiled brat, child of the Spider King- a mysterious, wealthy Lagosian, spots a handsome hawker, Runner G, selling ice cream on the street.And a love tale began.
This title is the winner of a Betty Trask Award
- Shortlisted for the Dylan Thomas Prize
- Shortlisted for the Commonwealth Book Prize
- Longlisted for the Desmond Elliot Prize
3. Nothing Comes Close – Tolulope Popoola: This is an intriguing romantic suspense tale about love, life, friendships and relationships.
The Author has won 3 awards from Nigerian Writers Awards.
4. A Love Rekindled- Efe Sagay's transfer from the United States to the branch of a prestigious hotel chain in the Nigerian capital brings her back to her ex, Kevwe Mukoro and an emotion she thought was dead.
5. Thread of Gold beads by Nike Campbell Fatoki: The well-kept secret thought to have been dead and buried resurrects with the flash of a thread of gold beads. Amelia must fight for her life and what is left of her soul.
6. In Dependence by Sarah Ladipo: This is Tayo and Vanessa’s story of a brave but bittersweet love affair. It is the story of two people struggling to find themselves and each other - a story of passion and idealism, courage and betrayal, and the universal desire to fall, madly, deeply, in love. Sarah Ladipos
7. His Treasure- Kiru Taye: Daku is forced to marry Obinna against her will. Her heart is with the prince, and she refuses Obinna in all ways. She has won Nigerian Writers Award
8.Melodies of Love by Amaka Azie: After her teenage romance with now-famous music star, Aristar, ended in a disastrous heartbreak twelve years ago, Adaora finds herself thrust back into his life when her financial firm is employed to organise Aristar’s finances. She has a fortress built around her heart and finds it hard to trust.
9. The Mrs Club- Ekene Onu: Smart, sexy and successful; These three Nigerian American girls have everything going for them, but still wanted more.
10: The Officer’s Bride by Lara Daniels: It’s the nineties, and a violent dictator rules Nigeria with an iron fist. Nafisah knows firsthand the chaos that results from this type of rule, so when she meets Eddy, an aide to the current leader, and a top member of the Nigerian intelligence service, she believes her situation just went from bad to worse. But Eddy completely contradicts her expectations, and she finds herself falling for him, only to discover that he carries a secret that could about topple the nation.
Meanwhile, you can read all others at www.writertainpublishers.com/magsub
|Re: Writertain Top 10 Nigerian Romance Novels by oluwadabira222(m): 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2020|
Have read 3 of this list and they are amazing books to read lemme source for the rest for the rest once again tanks divepen1.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49