Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) (1703 Views)

Just In: Simi Finally Release Picture Of Her Baby(photos) | / SIMI Finally Revealed What 'DUDUKE' Means / 14 Nigerian Celebs Who Are Allegedly Gays & Lesbians NO 5 Was Caught (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by AunteeRita: 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2020
It's all started some months back during Simi YouTube show "Stoopid Session" When Simi mentions the issue of sexuality being a more outspoken issue, religion quickly reared up its head on what was shaping up to be a liberal, free-spirited show when Simi begins with “Everybody will face God,” before clarifying that she didn’t know homosexuality “was happening in Nigeria. I thought that it was an America thing”, and then talking about how she gets texted by girls a lot.

Kiekie agrees that she too gets texted a lot by girls, and that it gives her concern. “I do pause and I look at myself, like, how do I attract a girl.” She goes on to say that she has a “very huge problem” with homosexuality, because “it defaults what I stand for” and “my religion, I live by the Bible.”

Apparently, straight-up fornication is fine, not at all condemned by the Bible. But homosexuality…Now that’s a big problem that any person who lives by the Bible should have a problem with.

“Sin is sin,” she goes on to say. “Do not tell me that ‘I’m a liar. Accept me,’ ‘I’m gay. Accept me,’ ‘I’m a cheat. Accept me.’ No. If a liar cannot boldly come out and say ‘I’m a liar. Accept me,’ then if you’re gay, don’t come at me and say, ‘This is who I am. Accept me.’”

She also said being Homosexually is unnatural, Nobody is born gay.

"Sess" one of the show host, countered this however by coming close to point out that religion is not a good enough reason for one to invalidate someone else’s sexuality. “Human beings exist in a spectrum,” he says. “There’s this side and there’s that side. Society wants us to exist in a place that is comfortable, that feels normal. I feel like the essence of being a human being is to express yourself, in any way that you can. At the end of the day, it’s your choice and I respect that.”

This would end up to be the sole voice of tolerance on the show, as Simi, who has become well-known for her feminist views on the social media, goes on to reveal what a bigoted person she is by first pointing out how children are at risk from online agenda that spreads the message that homosexuality is okay, speaking to how religion makes homosexuality an uncomfortable thing for her to understand, and how “it just doesn’t seem natural to me.”

How ever Simi have taken to twitter to apologize for her our burst on the gay community.

Here is her tweet and See reactions to her apology.

1 Like

Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by AunteeRita: 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
See Reactions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Brandonx(m): 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2020
undecided why apologizing?

2 Likes

Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Ehiscotch(m): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
The situation is complex and should be handled with caution. I understand that people have their predispositions and proclivities but it doesn't take away the fact that homosexuality is wrong.

Even if you are a naturalist, the way nature is structured you don't see same sexes mating.

Life has borders and boundaries, we can't keep living the way we feel is right.

People find animals attractive, does it justify their feeling or am I supposed to understand that to?

I hate homosexuality not homosexuals. I am sympathetic to their disposition but I also have my own frailties too but I have to "put my body under".

5 Likes

Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Abfinest007(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
gays are sick people

1 Like

Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by MuttleyLaff: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ehiscotch:
The situation is complex and should be handled with caution. I understand that people have their predispositions and proclivities but it doesn't take away the fact that homosexuality is wrong.

Even if you are a naturalist, the way nature is structured you don't see same sexes mating.

People find animals attractive, does it justify their feeling or am I supposed to understand that to?

I hate homosexuality not homosexuals. I am sympathetic to their disposition but I also have my own frailties too but I have to "put my body under".
The LGBTQ Community (Gays) hate heterosexuality, not heterosexuals. Are sympathetic to heterosexuals' disposition but also have their own frailties too that they have to "put their bodies under".

Thumbs up to Simi aka "Duduke"
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:45am On Aug 04, 2020
apologize for having an OPINION?!?!?! ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!

HERE IS A CLUE: the acceptance of homosexuality is a WESTERN thing... in Africa, homosexuality will NEVER be accepted, and there is nothing wrong with it. just like polygamy is an African thing and is not accepted in the west. homosexuality is a CRIME in Nigeria so therefore anyone has the right to feel strange about gays approaching them.

the gay community is always quick to want to play the victim, as if we should treat them any different than anyone else (aka they have a special pass OR they are special in some way)... if we can have an opinion (positive or negative) on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in Nigeria, then same goes for gays!

2 Likes

Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by YouAreFinished: 3:11am On Aug 04, 2020
Ehiscotch:
[s]The situation is complex and should be handled with caution. I understand that people have their predispositions and proclivities but it doesn't take away the fact that homosexuality is wrong.

I hate homosexuality not homosexuals. I am sympathetic to their disposition but I also have my own frailties too but I have to "put my body under".[/s]
How is it your headache what two consenting adults do with their bodies
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 04, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
apologize for having an OPINION?!?!?! ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!

HERE IS A CLUE: the acceptance of homosexuality is a WESTERN thing... in Africa, homosexuality will NEVER be accepted, and there is nothing wrong with it. just like polygamy is an African thing and is not accepted in the west. homosexuality is a CRIME in Nigeria so therefore anyone has the right to feel strange about gays approaching them.

the gay community is always quick to want to play the victim, as if we should treat them any different than anyone else (aka they have a special pass OR they are special in some way)... if we can have an opinion (positive or negative) on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in Nigeria, then same goes for gays!

Sssshhhhh! grin

2 Likes

Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by AunteeRita: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
E be things
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
Yawns.
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Joshmodest(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Too much wisdom in few paragraphs ..
There is totally nothing wrong in hating homosexuality ..its your prerogative to like and dislike what you want !

As a person I don't think homosexuality is good and I can't even visualize the whole act in my head without puking ...

But where the issue lies , is in the discrimination of these LGBTQ communities ...I personally believe we should love and equally respect humans irrespective of their race , gender , tribe or appearance ....

Most people would lynch gays , and probably kill dem all if they had the chance ...Most people see them as more threat to the society than even rapists ...I am even more umbrage when you bring biblical perspective to analyze things like this ...

The bible encourages slaves to be submissive to their masters. we disregard it today cos it affects all ..but we choose to continue with the ideology if women being submissive ..cos it favors us ...

The bible kicks against pre marital sex ...a lot of women were stoned to death in Leviticus for it ,people practice it daily , and we see nothing wrong ...Homosexuality wasn't even in the 10 commandments , no record of anyone killed cos of it ...except Sodom and Gomorrah , and remember at one time we are meant to believe the whole world was destroyed with flood for sins not relating to LGBTQ ..

Sin is Sin whether we agree or not , and yes a liar would not come out to say i am liar accept me ..but I'm sure countless people have lied to simi 's face before , and she didn't tell them they would go to hell fire , or lynch them , or segregate and isolate them like a plague for it ....so this is not about sin ,its about what we think is right ...even some pagans hate homosexuality , and no book asked them to do so !

Homo's don't really want to be accepted , they just want people to let them live .... they want to be seen as humans irrespective of their choice of sexuality .. ...

I do not like homosexuality , but I don't have issues with homosexuals , as long as they don't involve me in their shenanigans !!
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Ehiscotch(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Joshmodest:

Too much wisdom in few paragraphs ..
There is totally nothing wrong in hating homosexuality ..its your prerogative to like and dislike what you want !

As a person I don't think homosexuality is good and I can't even visualize the whole act in my head without puking ...

But where the issue lies , is in the discrimination of these LGBTQ communities ...I personally believe we should love and equally respect humans irrespective of their race , gender , tribe or appearance ....

Most people would lynch gays , and probably kill dem all if they had the chance ...Most people see them as more threat to the society than even rapists ...I am even more umbrage when you bring biblical perspective to analyze things like this ...

The bible encourages slaves to be submissive to their masters. we disregard it today cos it affects all ..but we choose to continue with the ideology if women being submissive ..cos it favors us ...

The bible kicks against pre marital sex ...a lot of women were stoned to death in Leviticus for it ,people practice it daily , and we see nothing wrong ...Homosexuality wasn't even in the 10 commandments , no record of anyone killed cos of it ...except Sodom and Gomorrah , and remember at one time we are meant to believe the whole world was destroyed with flood for sins not relating to LGBTQ ..

Sin is Sin whether we agree or not , and yes a liar would not come out to say i am liar accept me ..but I'm sure countless people have lied to simi 's face before , and she didn't tell them they would go to hell fire , or lynch them , or segregate and isolate them like a plague for it ....so this is not about sin ,its about what we think is right ...even some pagans hate homosexuality , and no book asked them to do so !

Homo's don't really want to be accepted , they just want people to let them live .... they want to be seen as humans irrespective of their choice of sexuality .. ...

I do not like homosexuality , but I don't have issues with homosexuals , as long as they don't involve me in their shenanigans !!
Truth is, we are directly or indirectly affected by another person's business: you choose to disregard your neighbor radicalizing his child into Jihad and tomorrow he blows up your household; you leave people to commit bestiality, pre-marital sex, and all sorts of immorality without restraint and you get HIV and all what not through a razor blade.
I could go on and on about "sins" the Bible warns us about that are having serious effects on health and society.

That people get lynched and suffer jungle Justice for stealing doesn't make stealing right, does it?
Even if the person is circumstantially disposed to it.
You can't leave it to what who feels is right: subjective morality is illogical.

As for the Bible, I think you have a long way comprehending it, really.
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Joshmodest(m): 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Truth is, we are directly or indirectly affected by another person's business: you choose to disregard your neighbor radicalizing his child into Jihad and tomorrow he blows up your household; you leave people to commit bestiality, pre-marital sex, and all sorts of immorality without restraint and you get HIV and all what not through a razor blade.
I could go on and on about "sins" the Bible warns us about that are having serious effects on health and society.

That people get lynched and suffer jungle Justice for stealing doesn't make stealing right, does it?
Even if the person is circumstantially disposed to it.
You can't leave it to what who feels is right: subjective morality is illogical.

As for the Bible, I think you have a long way comprehending it, really.

Firstly stealing doesn't apply In this context ....stealing is a crime homosexuality isn't at least In most countries .....
Truth is contrary to what we think , a man or woman's decision to sleep with the same sex doesn't in any way affect me ...I don't know how you see it affecting you ...
I choose to meddle in the affairs of my neighbor who is radicalizing his son for jihad , tomorrow I become him and his father's target and they still blow my household...
Agree or not opinions matter very little to this folks - just like the jihad son... I'm yet to see a gay who stopped the act cos he was mocked, or due to homophobic remarks ...
You kill people for premarital sex , bestiality , and other vices your holy book speaks against ...doesn't mean they'll not commit it ...you can still contact HIV as well from a razor even at that !!
I can also go on and on about sins that the bible speaks about and people who read this scriptures, still commit on daily and nothing has changed !!
You can't leave it to what your holy books have to say about it ... so everyone would gulp it and start attacking LGBTQ folks ...
Inside that bible you read there's a whole lot of sh*t , that if you are a reasonable fellow i perceive u to be you'd find appalling !
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Ehiscotch(m): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Joshmodest:

Firstly stealing doesn't apply In this context ....stealing is a crime homosexuality isn't at least In most countries .....
Truth is contrary to what we think , a man or woman's decision to sleep with the same sex doesn't in any way affect me ...I don't know how you see it affecting you ...
I choose to meddle in the affairs of my neighbor who is radicalizing his son for jihad , tomorrow I become him and his father's target and they still blow my household...
Agree or not opinions matter very little to this folks - just like the jihad son... I'm yet to see a gay who stopped the act cos he was mocked, or due to homophobic remarks ...
You kill people for premarital sex , bestiality , and other vices your holy book speaks against ...doesn't mean they'll not commit it ...you can still contact HIV as well from a razor even at that !!
I can also go on and on about sins that the bible speaks about and people who read this scriptures, still commit on daily and nothing has changed !!
You can't leave it to what your holy books have to say about it ... so everyone would gulp it and start attacking LGBTQ folks ...
Inside that bible you read there's a whole lot of sh*t , that if you are a reasonable fellow i perceive u to be you'd find appalling !

You honestly don't get me at all.

First, (petty)stealing is not a direct comparison — even if it was must very well have been considered immoral (wrong) first before it was criminalized.
I am saying just because people are treated wrongly for what they are or do doesn't make their actions right.

Second, you totally misjudged what I meant in my Jihad-Neighbour illustration — even if you got that wrong.
You see, why do you think World Powers intervene in crisis of other nations and simply don't "mind their business", mm? Why do you think Southerners are worried about the insecurity in the North? Sooner or later it's gonna come calling on us when we ignore what's going on around us and fail to show concern.

The other illustration was to emphasize that if people only followed the Christian principles about sacredness of marriage, we won't be having STD crises on our hands and your chances of getting it through a razor would almost be zero.

Third, if you understand the Bible you'd realise that those laws of Moses are no longer in place because Christ has come to take away the "burdens and imperfections"of the law.
Look, I wish we could enlighten you more. You are reading the Bible improperly.
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Joshmodest(m): 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ehiscotch:

You honestly don't get me at all.

First, (petty)stealing is not a direct comparison — even if it was must very well have been considered immoral (wrong) first before it was criminalized.
I am saying just because people are treated wrongly for what they are or do doesn't make their actions right.

Second, you totally misjudged what I meant in my Jihad-Neighbour illustration — even if you got that wrong.
You see, why do you think World Powers intervene in crisis of other nations and simply don't "mind their business", mm? Why do you think Southerners are worried about the insecurity in the North? Sooner or later it's gonna come calling on us when we ignore what's going on around us and fail to show concern.

The other illustration was to emphasize that if people only followed the Christian principles about sacredness of marriage, we won't be having STD crises on our hands and your chances of getting it through a razor would almost be zero.

Third, if you understand the Bible you'd realise that those laws of Moses are no longer in place because Christ has come to take away the "burdens and imperfections"of the law.
Look, I wish we could enlighten you more. You are reading the Bible improperly.
You are the one who doesn't understand what I am saying bro !!
First lynching somebody for their bad actions makes you even worse than the person you're lynching ...two wrongs would never make one right !!

Secondly I totally understand what your jihad neighbors. illustration meant - let me digress a bit ..

Why do you think the world powers restrict your movement into their country if they perceive your country to be a terrorist dominated country ...instead of coming to fight your terrorist for you ...in life talk is cheaper than we think...even though thieves are being lynched to death everyday , somebody would still steal today !

Since people have chosen to disregard your Christian principles ...do we kill them for it ? No ...if you can abide by the rules , very nice for you...if you can't fine as well ....if you do your part without imposing , lynching or penalising anybody and simply practice your sacredness and simple commonsensical tips ...chances of you contracting STD's from a razor is also near to zero !

I don't need to understand the bible before I realise that whether they are the laws of moses or Grace ,old testament or new ..the fact remains at some point a whole lot of crap happened in bible , and we are made to understand that God was in support... if its not useful why put it in your bible ....
See I really wish you guys would stop contradicting yourselves and accept the truth ...
My opinion remains , no one deserves to be lynched , physically or emotionally abused to the extent suicide becomes an option, for his/her choice of sexuality ...it makes no sense to do so and If you think otherwise I don't know what to say !
I respect your opinion but I think it's quite jaundiced !!
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by Ehiscotch(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
Joshmodest:

You are the one who doesn't understand what I am saying bro !!
First lynching somebody for their bad actions makes you even worse than the person you're lynching ...two wrongs would never make one right !!

Secondly I totally understand what your jihad neighbors. illustration meant - let me digress a bit ..

Why do you think the world powers restrict your movement into their country if they perceive your country to be a terrorist dominated country ...instead of coming to fight your terrorist for you ...in life talk is cheaper than we think...even though thieves are being lynched to death everyday , somebody would still steal today !

Since people have chosen to disregard your Christian principles ...do we kill them for it ? No ...if you can abide by the rules , very nice for you...if you can't fine as well ....if you do your part without imposing , lynching or penalising anybody and simply practice your sacredness and simple commonsensical tips ...chances of you contracting STD's from a razor is also near to zero !

I don't need to understand the bible before I realise that whether they are the laws of moses or Grace ,old testament or new ..the fact remains at some point a whole lot of crap happened in bible , and we are made to understand that God was in support... if its not useful why put it in your bible ....
See I really wish you guys would stop contradicting yourselves and accept the truth ...
My opinion remains , no one deserves to be lynched , physically or emotionally abused to the extent suicide becomes an option, for his/her choice of sexuality ...it makes no sense to do so and If you think otherwise I don't know what to say !
I respect your opinion but I think it's quite jaundiced !!
LMAO. This back and forth is amusing.

It's sad you are reiterating my point and you don't even know.

I never said anyone should be lynched; I am saying the fact that people are lynched for anything at all doesn't mean the victims (of the injustice) are right.

Yes. But the ban wouldn't have been necessary if this people hadn't been radicalized in the first place. So now you have to live in constant fear of your neighbor for your differences in morality and justice: the jihadists believe in killing infidels, ironically; you believe otherwise.

The effects of people not abiding to "my Christian principles" are the reasons why the world is in a mess.

My Christian principles tell me to love my neighbor as myself.

Tells me not to judge others.

Tells me to abstain from vices and immorality.

Leaving other people to live life as they please doesn't work — not even in an atheistic (naturalist or evolutionist) world.
Re: Simi Finally Apologized To The LGBTQ Community (Gays) by AunteeRita: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ehiscotch:
LMAO. This back and forth is amusing.

It's sad you are reiterating my point and you don't even know.

I never said anyone should be lynched; I am saying the fact that people are lynched for anything at all doesn't mean the victims (of the injustice) are right.

Yes. But the ban wouldn't have been necessary if this people hadn't been radicalized in the first place. So now you have to live in constant fear of your neighbor for your differences in morality and justice: the jihadists believe in killing infidels, ironically; you believe otherwise.

The effects of people not abiding to "my Christian principles" are the reasons why the world is in a mess.

My Christian principles tell me to love my neighbor as myself.

Tells me not to judge others.

Tells me to abstain from vices and immorality.

Leaving other people to live life as they please doesn't work — not even in an atheistic (naturalist or evolutionist) world.

I get your point

(1) (Reply)

Chioma And Davido Finally Confirms BR3AKUP Rema Dates Wizkids EX / Your Type Are So Weak On Bed Fans Blast Destiny Etiko For Sharing This.. / Bobrisky Twerks And Whine With His Surgical Enhanced Naked Bumbum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.