Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

New Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Story (359 Views)

New Story Alert: In Ruby's Eyes / New Story Alert!!...lonely Wife!(18+)...not For Kids / New Story: TOCHI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Story by Nerdyauthor: 10:15am On Aug 04, 2020
Morphed

Chapter 1

(Krever national arts museum)

Carol's POV

"Man I am so exhausted, why did Paul have to make me cover for him, I'm going to make him pay for this"

I said as I made my way towards the storage unit. It was 6:55

I was just about rounding up the night shit Paul imposed on me. I just needed to cross-check the storage unit to ensure all was in order before I end my shift, it was going to be my day of today and I planned on getting some supplies from the local market. As I progressed I started hearing strange sounds from the storage unit "a burglar?" I said to myself in shock. We haven't had burglars for a really long time.

I sounded the emergency alert Bell and stormed into the storage unit with my sword drawn out....then...I saw him...his mission was Hillary Hartford's famous golden now with which krever delivered the winning shot in the war against scolovoia centuries ago. We got it on loan and had plans to exhibit it later in the day. I couldn't let him lay a finger on it.

Herald's POV

I had successfully broken in and was already claiming my price when a guard walked in. Not like it was much of a problem but I'd rather the mission go without complications, I had to get rid of him.

"Stop right there!" He yelled with his sword drawn. I gave a wicked grin and turned slowly to meet face to face with a sloppy looking middle aged dude. He probably worked with a local vigilante before becoming a museum guard. In no time 2 more guard rushed in with swords drawn.

"You're under arrest!" One of them exclaimed. I had had enough, it was action time, they had no idea whom they were up against....an EHS!

Narrator's POV

Millinia ago, a strange essence or radiation hit the Earth and struck a small town called krever causing half of it's human population to evolve or mutate as some may call it being able to exhibit superior traits and abilities or possess awe inspiring intellect. These were named EHS meaning Evolved Human Species. In time Krever grew into a massive world power

And so did it's EHS population. Some formed special military forces and patrol corps, others his their identities whilst some became rougue.

Herald's POV

I brought out my little dagger from my boot "this should do" I half whispered. "Okay boys let's play a little game of peekaboo!" I exclaimed with the wicked grin still on my face. I'm less than a second I was behind them and in a similar amount of time I slashed the third guard on the nape of his neck. Them I returned to my original position. They all seemed bemused I could tell from their expression as they watched their friend fell slowly to the ground. That was my ability, I could alter my personal speed alongst the pace of time, making myself as fast as light by slowing time a little.

"Now for the other two" I said out loud as I drew an extra dagger from my other boot. Terrified they began fleeing but no way would I let that happen. Once again in a split second I blocked their exit simultaneously launching both my daggers aimed at their hearts. I had a pretty good aim and knowledge of the human anatomy. As I watched then drop dead I noticed there was someone else was in the room with us. Before I could turn something like a dart hit my back. I instantly dropped to the floor and started feeling dizzy.

"Herald Moonbreak, just relax and let the dart do it's work" a voice behind me stated.

"Tranquilizer?" I weakly mumbled..

"No, much more, its a special solution made just for EHS" the voice replied.

"I am Agent Jeremy of the EHS patrol corps and you're under arrest"....

To be continued
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2020
Morphed
Chapter 2
Narrator's POV

Every country has it's porosities, and despite Krever's high status amongst other countries of the world, it had a very crude judicial system, criminals were rarely ever tried and once a known criminal is caught he is sent to  prison right away. That was same in Herald's case. He was shot with a special tranquilizer which shuts down a specific bodily function, in EHS it could nullify their abilities though it's effects would easily wear off if the victim ingests the antidote.

Krever  capital detention center

Herald's POV

I couldn't believe I was caught so easily like a rat. After months of careful planning....it seems like someone had intelligence on me.
I sighed,
"better get used to my new home" I said as I made to sit on the floor with my legs crossed. I started at the ceiling. The cell wasn't really small , it was built to hold 1 person and I was the only one in it. I could see other inmates in the cells opposite mine yelling mockery words at me. I guess that's common with all new inmates and plus I was brought in here unconscious. I looked back at the ceiling and drifted into memory lane. None of this was my fault..it was theirs.
I grew up in an orphanage around Krever's beach country-side,
I was told that my parents abandoned me by the beach as a baby and 'lucky for me' the head nun found me during her morning walk. And that was the star of hell for me. The children at the orphanage went through all sorts of hardships, from awkward punishments for slight offences to regular beating and scaring to hard labour and others I dare not even remember. Some of the children could not get through and they died, while others escaped. That was eventually the path I took. Unable to Bear the torture and the constant reminder that I was unwanted I left the orphanage, with no other option I retorted to pickpocketing to survive until I found out I was an EHS and decided to use the advantage to hit bigger targets. Now I end up in this rat cage probably for the rest of my life. My parents, if they're still alive, they should know better than to meet with me because that would be their deaths.
I was jolted back to reality by the sound of the warden's announcement
"Scum bags! It's time for your meal in a few minutes your cages would be open and you can take your worthless selves over to the dinning hall." He yelled. Passing by cell he stopped to take a look at me
"Yo new boy! You're gonna have alot of fun in here" he said grinning from ear to ear, I knew instantly that things would get far from difficult for me.
The gates were soon rolled open one by one and eventually we were all in the dinning hall.
After the long waiting in line, I eventually settled on a table with my food, at least the inmates ate well, either that or my taste buds had been numbed by the "meals" served at the orphanage.
As I ate I felt the man by my right hand tap me....he was elderly looking, probably he's been here for long. "You're Herald right? One of  The new guys?" He asked
I guess I had gotten really popular now.
"Umm yes I am, any problem?" I answered.
"One of the top dogs around here, he told us to be on the lookout for you, well I guess no one recognized you as Herald as there are other new inmates"
Had I really gotten that popular?
"Can I meet with him?" I asked
" Yeah we are usually giving a free hour during meals to walk around freely. So we can leave as soon as we're done eating" he answered in reply.
Soon we were done with our meal and had already begun the long trek to mystery. It took us quote sometime before we eventually got there. The cell was very different from mine, it was a lot bigger. I guess this fits his status as a "top dog". I was soon greeted by the man in the cell
"Herald so good to finally see after so long" he said. He definitely looked familiar but I couldn't really recall where I knew him from, maybe it had something to do with his overgrown beard and head hair.
"Have we met before?" I inquired and he promptly burst into wild laughter. That laugh.... could it be.....
"You always had such a bad memory..you can't even remember your own buddy Tim?"
"Tim? Timothy? Wow it's been so long, and with that beard I couldn't recognize you"
Timothy was a childhood friend from the orphanage, though he joined in much later than I but he was the only piece of my childhood I cherished. We escaped from the orphanage together and went into the crime market together though he was reluctant. He went on a journey one day and never returned... I searched for him for 12years....
"I freaking thought you were dead!!!!!!!" I blurted out
"Calm down Herald, I wasn't dead...I was arrested on my way...it was supposed to be both of us but i managed to deviate their attention from you"
"You've been in here for 12 years?"
"Yeah that's why I didn't bother going to the dinning hall...food would be brought to me, it's a perk of being a top dog...ha!ha!"
I'm so glad I got to see him again, too bad it had to be in prison
"Herald there's something I want you to know" Tim stated looking sincerely serious
"What is it?" I inquired.
"It's about the orphanage we grew up in and why they were so hostile. 30 years ago a secret project tagged "rapid fire" was launched by Krever's military....they discovered a way to boost EHS potentials way off the char but it was still an experiment, so to test scam orphanages were set up all over krever, they trained the orphans there sort of in a military way and they kept feeding them the experimental drugs...our orphanage was one of such." He just dropped a bomb shell
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" I exclaimed
Their plans was to breed the kids to a level and then I'm some way extract the genetic essence that fuels us EHS, since ATP from our cells won't be enough to fuel our abilities we have an extra organelle in our cell that fuels us as EHS, if the essence can be collected and extracted, the EHS would die and that essence can be used to replicate the EHS's ability or make deadly weapons."
This was a shocker, they planned to kill those kids, they planned to kill us! Those kids that died back then........
"I don't know what to say"
"The experiment almost ended in failure as most of the kids escaped eventually, but now somehow they are developing tracking methods to get them back"
"No way"
"Herald, that was why I wanted you here.. in a way I'm the reason you were arrested, I told them how to get you, cause I need your help"
"You what?! What can I do"
"I'm putting a team together, we're bursting out of here tomorrow, I've been some Intel gathering over these past years and I know how to take them down for now....then Maybe expose their plots to the public, I just needed you to complete the team"
"None of this makes any sense but, if it's you then I don't doubt it, I'll be more than happy to join you".

The next morning

I was in my cell when two guards walked up to me, they suddenly opened the gate and asked me to step out, I knew this was Tim's work..as I stepped out I whispered to them
"You're from him right?" They simply nodded while one of them slipped a pill into my palm... Obviously the antidote to whatever they did to me to keep me from using my ability.. Looks like a new phase of my life had begun...
To be continued...
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2020
Morphed

Chapter 3

Herald's POV
The two introduced themselves as Johnson and Johanna, apparently they were siblings. They led me through suspicious eyes under the guise of a criminal parade. In no time, we got to a secret tunnelled exit point, it was built by some escaping inmates decades ago and till date the warden hadn't discovered it. Soon we were outside a few yards away from the compound, there we met up with the others
"Hey Herald good morning, I'm glad you made it here safely" Tim said on sighting us.
" Time for a little introduction, I see you've already met our tech geniuses Johnson and Johanna. Team this is Herald and Herald these are weilfred, Katherine, Jason, Hillary, Julianne and Anderson."
"Nice to meet you guys" I said rather enthusiastically, eagerly anticipating what lies ahead on this new path I was taken, finally I felt I had a purpose in life, I was finally happy.
"Well we'd better get moving before our little get together is interrupted" Tim said breaking my stream of thoughts.
Immediately I felt as though we were being watched, I always had an inkling whenever danger loomed around or I was being watched secretly.
Before I could react we heard a voice
"It's too late for that now" it said, turning towards the tunnel slowly we were face to face with Jeremy and a hoard of other officers but it seemed they were lead by Jeremy, the Corp who arrested me.
They knew of our escaped plan and they came to retrieve us. Right there we had just 2 options; Surrender to them and possibly face ridiculous punishments or death while those innocent people die(not like that's new to me) or fight our way out. No doubt we were taking the second option, we promptly took our positions and rushed at the corps whilst some of us were able to sneak away unnoticed to retrieve our getaway vehicle..

"Looks like we meet again Herald"Jeremy said as he stood there in front of me, I've actually secretly wanted a rematch since he embarrassed me at the museum.
I didn't have my dagger with me but I still had my dagger with me.
With my abilities a ow unrestrained I rushed at it him with unimaginable speed but before hitting him I swayed to the left a little and I was behind him, there was my chance. Without hesitation I exerted vengeance on his back before sway him off balance and delivering a punch that sent him yards away, all done in less than a second, well since I was faster my punch definitely should be stronger, much stronger. I watched him whince in pain but he promptly got back on his feet facing me again, that attack should have killed a normal person but look! Not a scratch on his body. This was going to be harder than I thought.

Jeremy's POV

He was just getting the hang of my ability, I could alter my skin to mimick any material of my choice though it left me more exhausted by the second but to catch a criminal, it was worth it. He was fast I admit and his attacks were wild but I could see most of them coming.
I transformed my skin again mimicking the hardness of diamonds. No way he was going to get through that. I was able to time his attacks and landed considerable hits on him, I surely got him enraged, he looked weak, I was sure I was winning till he pulled out his Triump card. After dealing a critical blow tho his left rib cage he ran a few meters away from me, then he started vibrating in a way, I couldn't understand what was going on, then instantly I saw copies of him all around me numbering in hundreds and the were all vibrating. Slowly they all started seemingly fading till they disappeared.

Herald's POV
I was going to use my Triump card on him, with my speed I was able to make tangible afterimage duplicates who could act independently for a while, then I along side my duplicates began vibrating, our goal was to attain a certain frequency in which all our cells would become inflated with kinetic energy, the speed of our vibration eventually make us seem invisible. With all that energy I and my duplicates 126 in number rushed at Jeremy, it was all punch and kicks at high speed with an even higher sticking force.
The convergence of that much kinetic energy at one point sparked a great explosion but thankfully I escaped just in time. Looking towards were he once stood I saw his diamond skin ground into fine powder..yes he was dead...I won.

The battle had left me with alot of bruises cuts and fractures but it Wasn't much of a problem, I had to meet up with the others
Finally i met up with them, seems like they came out successful too. I noticed they had a grim look on their faces and when I looked closer I realized what had happened, Katherine was dead. There was a hollow in her chest region like her heart had been torn out. So this was how it felt, to loose a comrade once again. Weilfred was most devastated, I later discovered that they were in a relationship. I know I had killed alot and I infact just killed most recently, yet it's still grim having the tables turned. We had to move though despite our loss to avoid another batch of officers and probably another death.

We arrived at a small cabin deep in a forest in Krever's western district. That was our new abode. We soon settled in and Tim gave us an encouraging speech and assured us that as long as we were now on the right path, we would succeed no matter how many fall. He has always been a good speaker.
Soon everyone were back to preparations. I went behind the house to improve on my strengths, half way through my training I felt I was being watched and true to it I indeed was being watched, it was Julianne. Earlier on when we met, the situation didn't permit me to pay much attention to her but now I could and indeed she was most beautiful, I instantly took a liking to her, perhaps you call this love at third sight.
"Oh, Julianne I didn't notice you, how long have you been here" I asked
"Long enough" she replied"you are quite skilled, no wonder Timothy chose you"
"Umm thanks?" I responded.
We just stood there staring at each other till I broke the silence
"By the way I haven't seen you in action before, what's your ability?"
"I guess you'd just have to wait a bit to find out, ummm I just remembered I have something to do,ummm see you around then." She stated before hurrying back inside leaving little room for me to respond.
I knew for a fact that she could feel the connection I felt, perhaps if everything goes smoothly and we survived I could make a move, but for now I had to stay focused, we all had to.
Later that evening Tim briefed us on a secret holding facility owned by the military, it appeared that was a key location in their plan so we made preparations towards infiltration and in 7days we were set for action. Re-assuring us once more of the benefits of fighting till the end, Tim led us to the location......
We stood by the entrance, it was an underground holding facility supposedly made for terrorists, beholding the entrance a thousand thoughts flowed through my head. I wondered what dark secrets waited to be discovered in that basement....

To be continued...
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2020
Morphed

Chapter 4

We arrived the holding center but he place looked totally unlikely, it was an abandoned uncompleted building but according to the blueprints there was a trap door in it that led to the underground holding facility. Johnson and Johanna were to stand by the trap door while the rest of us went in, they weren't EHS but they were ridiculously smart and acted as a backbone to the team.
We went in through the trap door and we were met with a long hollow tunnel, still yet we hadn't seen any corps or guards. Our mission was simple,
1. Obtain the military's manual of operation
2. Interrogate some people.
3.destroy the facility.
We had been walking for a while now and the tunnel seemed unending, Tim was ahead of us so I had to walk faster to meet up with him, suddenly he stopped walking and we equally did same.
"Anything wrong Tim?" I asked
"This should be far enough"
He said breaking into a crazed laughter.
"I can't believe you all actually fell for that" he said still laughing hysterically
"You all are a bunch of Fools, so you actually believed that people who vowed to protect Krever would try to endanger it?!"
I was stunned, we all were, we couldn't believe the words from Tim's mouth.
"What are you talking about?" Jason asked
"Let me tell you a little story folks" Tim said now grinning wildly.
" 12 years ago, the reason we were separated Herald.
Have you ever heard of Aztez?" "Aztez?" I have heard of them before, I thought they were a myth.

Narrator's POV

Aztez was a name that struck terror and mystery in many hearts, though regarded by many in Krever as a myth it was known as a vast empire growing larger everyday, led by their Emperor who bore the title Lord A, it was said that Aztez Began a camping to conquer all countries centuries ago but suddenly haulted the campaign and wasn't heard from again.
"Isn't that just a myth?" Weilfred inquired.
Once more Tim broke into laughter
"Myth? Ha! How Naive, 12 years ago I was contacted by A servant of a messenger of Lord A, I was giving an invitation to Join Aztez and help in relaying information from Krever with respect to Aztez's planned Invasion, Aztez gave me a hope, they gave me a future. I was sent to prison to get as much info as I could gather for 12 years, and here's the shocker....it is true that those orphanages were used for military experiments, the stories I told you were true but it wasn't Krever's military, it was all part of Aztez's plan and I was tasked with gathering you guys to Lord A....Ha!"
The person standing in front of me wasn't old Tim anymore, he was insane, I had been betrayed once again, range flowed through me and clouded my thoughts.
In a split second weilfred rushed at Tim with brute anger throwing everything he had at him. "You let Katherine die for nothing!" He exclaimed as he kept throwing punches at him.
"I didn't let Katherine die, I killed her myself, she was only a barrier"
I couldn't believe my ears, this monster here should just stop posing as Tim because he's definitely not. What he said seemed to get weilfred more agitated as he literally started steaming all over. As he moved to hit Tim once more, Tim swiftly evaded his punch while staring at weilfred in the eyes. In less than an instant Weilfred was unconscious on the floor. The others were stunned but I knew very well what Tim was capable of, that was his ability, he somehow could mimick the attributes of light as well as control light waves around him, apparently by looking weilfred in the eyes he was delivering the effect of your average flash bomb, just a bit more advanced.
In a short while some others joined Tim, blocking our exit and cornering us. This was his plan all along. We had to earn Johnson and Johanna to escape before it got too late. Julianne promptly fired the signal which sent a wild eco coursing through the tunnel. Anyone standing at the entry point must have definitely heard it.
Tim gave an order and all his Allie's began their attacks. I still had unfinished business with Tim and I couldn't let any Aztez pawn interrupt. With vast speed I rushed at Tim with a punch but knowing Tim mimicked light wave attributes I knew quite well that he could move as fast. We began throwing punches at hyper speed, dodging, punching, scratching, kicking and more dodging. I knew I couldn't bring myself to kill Tim, at least I thought I couldn't. We kept going and going and I started to see Tim's pure intent to knock me out.
"Why are you doing this Tim?" I asked in the heat of battle.
"Herald my friend, you very well know how miserable you've always been, rather than keep living a pointless life, let me ease your pain and offer you up as a victory tool to Lord A."
I got my answer there, there was no point trying to reason with him. He was right, I was living a pointless life but perhaps I could give others a shot a living, I couldn't let them be enslaved by this psychopath even if I was just as crazy. It was my responsibility to kill him.
I drew out my 2 newly acquired swords ready to face my adversary.
Even at top speed I wasn't able to nail him, I decided to use my Trump card again. Vibrating at high frequency alongside my duplicates I began my assault with all my strength. Tim also had tricks up his sleeves, just as light is reflected when projected Tim propelled himself at ultra speed and kept switching locations like a Lazer beam and leaving behind a trail of burning hot lasers as he moved. He successfully killed off most of my duplicates and was coming straight for me. Suddenly I saw a brilliant flash of light promptly followed by darkness...he had stunned me.
I dropped to the floor instantly awaiting my date, I felt something hit my head and then I lost consciousness
To be continued......

visit my page
https://www.facebook.com/102779147017624?referrer=whatsapp
to see more chapters and be updated
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2020
Morphed

Chapter 5

Johnson's POV
After receiving the alarm signal we knew what we had to do, we were right all along. Joanna and I had been tracking the activities of aztez for a while and Intel we got lead us to Timothy. We knew Tim sort for EHS so we both disguised as normals, well Im not an EHS but my sister is. We wanted him to lead us to aztez by himself so we worked for him so as to draw info from him but as naive as he was he couldn't see through it. Now he's led us here and the danger alert confirms our theories and intelligence.... Timothy is from Aztez.
We braced ourselves for the worst and headed into the basement to man Timothy once and for all.
Hillary's POV
As we battles the supposed Aztez pawns, they kept increasing in number and each of them with their own unique skills. Our team mates couldn't keep up the pace and we're already slacking. Herald on the other hand was being dragged away unconscious by that backstabber Timothy. I had to do something, at least get us all out safely. I had to draw out abilities I had tried to conseal, abilities that branded me a criminal.
I drew back my sword and shut my eyes feeling the energy and grim darkness crawl through my veins. Then in an instant I let them all out of me. My ability; I could control shadows and darkness and materialize it into physical matter. No matter where it was as long as light was absent I could utilize the shadows...but I couldn't control the intensity of my ability and in my last outburst I slaughtered my entire town and got locked up...my ability only causes pain and regret but today maybe for a change I could use it to save souls.
In an outburst I stood by and watched dozens of Aztez mechenary being impaled from inside out by the darkness within their own bodies, as I said no matter where it was  there were shadows I could utilize them. I kept exerting myself the limits using the dark tunnel to my advantage, making rains of spears out of sheer darkness, it was a magnificent display and even my teammates were awestruck by my display of power.
I felt myself reaching my limit and I knew if I pushed further I'd loose control and end up killing everyone and so I haulted my assault. Partly exhausted, I saw the degree of damage I had done, I had cleared out most of the Aztez mechenary but Herald was nowhere in sight, in few minutes more Aztez men began pouring in once more
"Is there no end to them?" I thought... I was running out of ideas, I couldn't risk another outburst least I loose control. I was loosing all hope when like a miracle, help arrived.
Joanna's POV
Johnson and I made our way through the seemingly endless tunnel, we were met with some pawns guarding the way but we easily got through them till we reached a point in the tunnel with lots of blood stains and dead Aztez mechenary, we were here... further ahead we could see the feirce battle progressing. For sure Timothy must be enroute to his escape point, and the rest of the team seemed overworked, it was up to me now, finally after so long I get to unleash my potential.
Clenching my fist, I concentrated all my energy on my fist, my ability was a queer one, I could extract life energy from living organisms to power my attacks leaving the said organisms lifeless and dried up. Gathering enough energy in my clenched fist, I let the the energy surround my fist like a ball while most of the Aztez mechenary fell to the ground, then with an air punch, I let the energy explode out of me towards the leftover pawns wiping them all off instantly... exhausted I fell to the ground.
Narrator's POV
In the nick of time, Joanna revealed her identity as an EHS and rescued her teammates from impending doom. Though exhausted, they still had one more team mates to rescue.
"Wasn't that a surprise, you were an EHS all along" said Hillary.
"Seems you've been sceptical about Timothy right from the start huh, as expected from the intellectual siblings" Jason added.
"We'll explain all later but for now we need to get Herald from Timothy and exit as soon as possible" Johnson explained.
They all moved hastily towards the direction they were sure Timothy had gone. Hillary had been monitoring their movements to an extent with her ability and was able to make an estimate on their location. Further ahead the seemingly endless tunnel opened up into a large underground research facility. There an unconscious Herald was being stuffed into a gigantic tube-like cell by non other than Timothy, accompanied by a few research scientists and a scanty amount of aztez Mechenary.
"Oh, look who made it just in time" exclaimed Timothy.
"Save it Thrash hole, we have you vastly outnumbered, hand over Herald or we force you to". Julianne declared.
"And how do you plan on doing that? Weilfred is unconscious, so is Herald and you all look drained, your only option may be Joanna's secret EHS ability and that couldn't possibly be enough to stop me" Tim confidently replied with a wicked grin.
"So you knew all this while?" Johnson inquired.
"Oh come on, I never leave a loophole in my plots, I know very well about Joanna's abilities but I have no use for them so it wasn't important to prove you, I just wanted the extra man power, and I knew it wouldn't be easy to lure you down here easily so I set it all up so you could chase me yourselves right into my trap, now get ready to Join Herald." Timothy said revealing extra holding containers designed for them all.
"Now, let's begin shall we?" Timothy asked before assuming a battle stance.
"He's going to come at us from our weak spots, he's all talk, he's equally drained from his earlier battle with Herald, we're basically on the same level right now and his speed must have been greatly diminished, we have a shot at winning, I have a plan" Johnson said as he related his strategy to the team.
In a split second Time was circling the crew at light speed, surveying for any loop holes in their round circle defence position. Finding one, he haulted and rushed towards Jason. As he made to strike him, Hillary shielded Jason with her shadows, perfectly countering Timothy's Light based attack. It was an ironic battle between light and shadows, Timothy having the speed advantage and Hillary having he defensive advantage. Assault after assault, Hillary was keen on Timothy's trail following suit with barrages after barrages of shadow based assault, even at a point nearly impaling him with showers of needles forged from her shadows. After what seemed to be an eternity of heated battle the others promptly followed suit with the attack completely surrounding Timothy with their various techniques. Julianne with her freezing flames which burns it's target on contact instantly and freezes their ashes, Jason with his all consuming black flames, And Anderson using his vision manipulation to block out light from Timothy's vicinity leaving him open, sealing the final hit was Joanna, with her reserved energy, she exerted herself to her limits and delivered a bone crushing death punch straight to his heart, severely rupturing it. Not even an EHS could withstand something as fatal as Timothy dropped dead on the floor with a satisfactory smile on his face.
The shockwaves from their collective assault causes the tunnel to begin to collapse in on itself, fortunately the crew escaped before it finally closed in with the remnant Aztez mechenary choosing death and loyalty to Aztez over Life and possible interrogation.

Herald's POV
It had been a day since we got out from the tunnel and I had only recently awoken from my comma. Johnson informed us of extremely essential Intel he snatched from the Aztez facility, concerning the true motives of the organization. We were all assembled together, including Weilfred who woke up before I did. It was a moment of truth.
"Something big is coming, Aztez is planning something big, we need to brace ourselves, I gathered some Intel which I'll share right away" he started
" 30 years ago a charity organization came to Krever and set up multiple Orphanage homes all around the country. The act seemed truely Compassionate and was openly accepted by the government, but all wasn't what it seemed. The organization was a hoax formulated by Aztez to enable them set up their facilities in Krever. It is said that after a very long interval of interbreeding, in a certain generation, the perfect breeds of EHS are born and these if allowed to blossom have the ability to change the date of the world to they live in with their power. Aztez has been studying this phenomenon for ages and has been working the calculations from he shadows. They were able to narrow down to a list of bloodlines most capable of producing this generation's perfect EHS and after further research had stream lined their targets greatly and they waited patiently. Each time a suspected child was born, it's parents were slaughtered by Aztez mechenary in Krever and the child was handed over to those orphanages which were used as breeding grounds. The children were subject to various experiments and rigorous training in disguise. Alot of them died as their bodies couldn't handle it and very few escaped, the government in Krever then knew a little about the plot but we're scared of facing off with Aztez in a war and kept mute. Eventually the new government acted and shut down all the orphanages and expelled the charity group from Krever but most of the rescued children eventually died. The children's memories were routinely altered as a countermeasure so if the plan should ever fail, the children would not remember the details of the orphanages, even the ones who escaped, such as you and Tim.The children were expected to die off and according to their data the only survivors would actually be the perfect EHS breeds. Herald, Julianne, Jason, Anderson, Hillary, Weilfred, you all were subjects in some of these orphanages though Herald, you escaped with Timothy and the rest of you were reassigned to foster parents. The Intel reveals that you all are infact, the perfect EHS breeds and Aztez seeks to reclaim you and weaponize you. Timothy was sent by Aztez to do the Job, he wasn't one of the perfect breeds and was expected to die off, perhaps he was promised a cure to his almost certain death in exchange. Joanna and I weren't captured because Just as Timothy said, they had no use for us since we're not their targets"
For a long while, the entire room was in absolute silence due to the bombshell we just received.
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Morphed

Chapter 6

Herald's POV
We were awestruck by what Johnson had told us. We learned that Aztez was planning to weaponize us. And they used Tim's fear of death as a snare against him. He had only stayed alive that long because he escaped with me, but it seemed his time was slowly expiring and he was desperate, perhaps Aztez had no means to save him and we're only using that as a leverage to control him. This was alot to take in for us and though we may be tagged as criminals, we don't hold a grudge against Krever besides the fact that they locked us up(but we kinda deserved it though), and then again we couldn't go to the police as we were run away convicts....well most of us were as we later discovered Johnson and Joanna were never convicted and were under the disguise of two other wanted criminals in order to stay close to Tim. I didn't have time to worry much though as the intellectual siblings already had a plan to not only deliver our Intel but to also make us free men and women.... Everything was already being prepared by them, we just had to wait a bit.
Julianne's POV
Not long after our meeting I went to check on Herald in his room, I was really worried about him while he was unconscious, so worried that I snuck out every night to watch him hoping he'll wake up soon. I hadn't felt like that for anyone before, not even my foster parents whom treated me as their own blood, this was different, a strange attraction. It was really weird but in a good way and even if we had just only met I felt I've known him for long. I soon arrived at his room. To meet him fast asleep, I couldn't disturb him, as I turned to leave I heard my name
"Julianne"
Herald's POV
I felt someone by he door and behold it was Julianne again. Jason said he saw her always coming into my room at night while I was unconscious, it's nice to see she cares. It seems she was about to take her leave and so I called her.
"Julianne"
She swiftly turned and came to my side.... perhaps she assumed I was sleeping initially.
"Hey how are you feeling now" she asked
"Better, alot better and perhaps it's because someone came to check up on me all the time"
I saw shock written all over her.
"How?....you....you knew?"
"Jason told me, it was really sweet of you" I replied
"Oh...umm...." She seemed really shy in contrast to the bold Amazon I fought side by side with not long ago.
I was fond of her
"I like you you know? You seem like a great person" I stated
"Ummm... Thanks" she managed to say. I didn't want to stress her further so I kept silent and stared into each other's eyes, we didn't speak but we were having millions of silent conversations with our eyes.
After a while she told me she had to go and she left...............
Later that day i went to take some fresh air at the cabin's upper balcony, there I met one of the intellectual siblings, Joanna.
"Oh hey" I greeted
"Hey seems you're all better now" she replied.
"Come on don't be bothered about me, you were also unconscious." I responded
"Nah mine wasn't that serious, just exhaustion."
We kept on talking, we talked about the uncertainties of the future and the events of the past days. Then we started talking about Aztez.
"How did you and your brother find out about Aztez?" I asked
"Well, we have history with them, we used to leave in a little town far away from Krever, to the east precisely. Johnson was our neighbour and my parents and his parents were best of friends. His parents were part of the town's security forces and my parents were arms dealers. My dad was a interested in technology big time so he always taught Johnson and I a few tips. One day we heard there was an invasion and Johnson's parents entrusted Johnson into my parents care before going to ward of the invaders. We escaped with few others but multitudes including Johnson's parents were slain so my parents adopted Him as their son and we spent our entire childhood growing together though he's older than I am. We made it our mission to get vengeance on those invaders and we found out they were from Aztez. We spent most of our time together with Mom and Dad and we learnt alot from them and those are the skills we still utilize. We left home with hopes of tracking down the invaders and our search lead us to Krever."
I was shocked....so they weren't blood siblings!
"Woah, what an experience, I'm so sorry about that, so you're not blood siblings and you're so close one can never tell and how come you're an EHS if you're not from Krever?" I asked in sincerity.
"We have ancestral roots with Krever, in reality there are existing EHS outside Krever due to inter marriage" she answered.
Aztez had really affected so many people with their activities and now they target Krever? We can't allow that, their organization can't keep on existing, they must be stopped and fortunately Krever had one of the strongest military force in our Era, once we make for preparations we'd surely have the upper hand, which is why we have to present the evidence we have no matter what it takes.
**************************************************************************************************
A week later
Herald's POV
Johnson had arranged a meeting with a security chief few days back and  he promised to table our "issue" to the head chief of defense. Today was the big day we got to meet with him to table our intelligence. We had no idea what our date would be, we feared we would be betrayed but we were prepared for the worst. We stood to gain alot if the plan went as usual, our intelligence in exchange for freedom. Soon we arrived at the chief's office were we were greeted by hoarse of Police officials. We were injected with EHS neutralizing fluid which was to keep us from doing anything funny, in no time we were before the chief....it was game time......
To be continued.....
Morphed
Chapter 6
Herald's POV
We were awestruck by what Johnson had told us. We learned that Aztez was planning to weaponize us. And they used Tim's fear of death as a snare against him. He had only stayed alive that long because he escaped with me, but it seemed his time was slowly expiring and he was desperate, perhaps Aztez had no means to save him and we're only using that as a leverage to control him. This was alot to take in for us and though we may be tagged as criminals, we don't hold a grudge against Krever besides the fact that they locked us up(but we kinda deserved it though), and then again we couldn't go to the police as we were run away convicts....well most of us were as we later discovered Johnson and Joanna were never convicted and were under the disguise of two other wanted criminals in order to stay close to Tim. I didn't have time to worry much though as the intellectual siblings already had a plan to not only deliver our Intel but to also make us free men and women.... Everything was already being prepared by them, we just had to wait a bit.
Julianne's POV
Not long after our meeting I went to check on Herald in his room, I was really worried about him while he was unconscious, so worried that I snuck out every night to watch him hoping he'll wake up soon. I hadn't felt like that for anyone before, not even my foster parents whom treated me as their own blood, this was different, a strange attraction. It was really weird but in a good way and even if we had just only met I felt I've known him for long. I soon arrived at his room. To meet him fast asleep, I couldn't disturb him, as I turned to leave I heard my name
"Julianne"
Herald's POV
I felt someone by he door and behold it was Julianne again. Jason said he saw her always coming into my room at night while I was unconscious, it's nice to see she cares. It seems she was about to take her leave and so I called her.
"Julianne"
She swiftly turned and came to my side.... perhaps she assumed I was sleeping initially.
"Hey how are you feeling now" she asked
"Better, alot better and perhaps it's because someone came to check up on me all the time"
I saw shock written all over her.
"How?....you....you knew?"
"Jason told me, it was really sweet of you" I replied
"Oh...umm...." She seemed really shy in contrast to the bold Amazon I fought side by side with not long ago.
I was fond of her
"I like you you know? You seem like a great person" I stated
"Ummm... Thanks" she managed to say. I didn't want to stress her further so I kept silent and stared into each other's eyes, we didn't speak but we were having millions of silent conversations with our eyes.
After a while she told me she had to go and she left...............
Later that day i went to take some fresh air at the cabin's upper balcony, there I met one of the intellectual siblings, Joanna.
"Oh hey" I greeted
"Hey seems you're all better now" she replied.
"Come on don't be bothered about me, you were also unconscious." I responded
"Nah mine wasn't that serious, just exhaustion."
We kept on talking, we talked about the uncertainties of the future and the events of the past days. Then we started talking about Aztez.
"How did you and your brother find out about Aztez?" I asked
"Well, we have history with them, we used to leave in a little town far away from Krever, to the east precisely. Johnson was our neighbour and my parents and his parents were best of friends. His parents were part of the town's security forces and my parents were arms dealers. My dad was a interested in technology big time so he always taught Johnson and I a few tips. One day we heard there was an invasion and Johnson's parents entrusted Johnson into my parents care before going to ward of the invaders. We escaped with few others but multitudes including Johnson's parents were slain so my parents adopted Him as their son and we spent our entire childhood growing together though he's older than I am. We made it our mission to get vengeance on those invaders and we found out they were from Aztez. We spent most of our time together with Mom and Dad and we learnt alot from them and those are the skills we still utilize. We left home with hopes of tracking down the invaders and our search lead us to Krever."
I was shocked....so they weren't blood siblings!
"Woah, what an experience, I'm so sorry about that, so you're not blood siblings and you're so close one can never tell and how come you're an EHS if you're not from Krever?" I asked in sincerity.
"We have ancestral roots with Krever, in reality there are existing EHS outside Krever due to inter marriage" she answered.
Aztez had really affected so many people with their activities and now they target Krever? We can't allow that, their organization can't keep on existing, they must be stopped and fortunately Krever had one of the strongest military force in our Era, once we make for preparations we'd surely have the upper hand, which is why we have to present the evidence we have no matter what it takes.
**************************************************************************************************
A week later
Herald's POV
Johnson had arranged a meeting with a security chief few days back and  he promised to table our "issue" to the head chief of defense. Today was the big day we got to meet with him to table our intelligence. We had no idea what our date would be, we feared we would be betrayed but we were prepared for the worst. We stood to gain alot if the plan went as usual, our intelligence in exchange for freedom. Soon we arrived at the chief's office were we were greeted by hoarse of Police officials. We were injected with EHS neutralizing fluid which was to keep us from doing anything funny, in no time we were before the chief....it was game time......
To be continued.....
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
check the link below to see the next episodes if you can't wait for tomorrow � https://www.facebook.com/102779147017624?referrer=whatsapp thanks for reading
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Morphed

Chapter 7

Herald's POV
"General Rutherford, pleased to meet you" Johnson greeted.
"Welcome, I've been expecting you, please sit" The general responded.
We were soon sitted round a table big enough to accommodate us all with the general getting the high seat.
"I heard you have info for me concerning Aztez, a planned attack according to what I was told." The general started.
"Yes indeed sir, and we have evidence of what they're planning and evidence of their presence in Krever big past and present." Johnson replied.
"On a normal note I'd have had you all locked up the second you stepped in here but in all honesty I don't need any evidence....the truth is that I, Krever is well aware of Aztez's activities."
We were all in shock, though we were told that Krever was aware of the orphanage scandal but we didn't know that they had been keeping tags on them since then.
"Sir? You...you knew?" Johnson inquired "How come you guys haven't ordered a military operation against that terrorist organization?" He added.
"First His magesty Bartholomew Crown the third, the King of Krever is gravely afraid of Krever and would stop at nothing to avoid an all out war with them and that's because secondly, Aztez is not an organization, in reality Aztez is actually a mighty empire that emerged from the east countless centuries ago and it is firmly rooted, The empire has been known to desolate nation's who go against it and is feared by all. Their Emperor bears the title of Lord A and though very little is known about him, rumors have it that his powers rival the gods and that he's been around since the founding of Aztez, though we can't confirm those and they remind just rumors, still the King doesn't want to risk a confrontation with Aztez. When we got into on Aztez's presence in Krever for the first time years back, 27 years ago, we knew they were up to no good but there was nothing we could do without approval from the King so we had to stand down and we never knew their mission here and now once again we have Aztez right in our midsts once more but we can't do a thing."
We got even more awestruck with each passing second by the info we were receiving, but then we finally had our opening, we knew something they didn't, and that was Aztez's mission in Krever.............

Unknown POV

I knew what was coming and I was truely terrified m I had seen it happen to so many and I never thought I'd ever be in the situation. I had to say something, anything at all to help my case, I knew how ruthless Lord A's messengers were known to be and failing an assignment passed down to me by a knight of one of Lord A's messenger's spelt instant death without trial.
"Forgive me my Lord, my men in Krever had a minor setback and fell but my Lord I promise that......"
"Enough!" I was promptly interrupted. "Say no more, you have no case, you have sinned against Lord Hashirak, yes, you failed him and you failed Aztez, there idms only one way out for you."
There was no saving me..... It wasn't long before his cold blade pierced through my heart.....just like that, it was all over for me. I gave him my final salute to Aztez as I fell to the ground.

Anderson's POV
I had always been quite a prankster but his was no time for Jokes. It was our only possible shot at freedom. I simply watched as Johnson judiciously dishes out all the info we had to tht General. The last part really got to him, we could all tell, he could never have imagined it.
"Those orphanage.....we never knew what conspired in it or what the purpose they we set up for where, but we definitely saw through that Charity Organization's disguise, we knew in one way or the other they were involved with the reported Aztez activity in Krever but we couldn't pin anything on them." We knew the Kids went through severely rough times and they were abused and at a point we had to intervene. The perpetuators fled leaving the surviving children behind. They were 36 in total, the ones we salvaged from the orphanages they set up all over Krever but in less than two months after we got them out of the orphanages, most of them died off leaving behind just 5 of them. They were assigned to foster Families and since then we haven't heard form them again. None of the Kids could remember anything helpful from the orphanage, their memories appeared to be altered and never knew why all the Kids died off and what happened to the kids. They only had shabby memories of other minor things. We never knew that Aztez would stoop as low as experimenting on little Kids....they were only about age 13 when we got them out. They were so young and tender. If what you said is true then those children are in danger wherever they are because Aztez surely is going to track them down." The general revealed.
All he said was true, I knew something had happened to me, something big,but I never knew what exactly, all I knew was that the staff at the orphanage were very strict and we were punished alot but I couldn't remember beyond those.
"We know where the children are Chief" Johnson said feeling very confident.
I saw shock evident on the General's face
"You do? How? Where?" The general queried genuinely curious.
"They were actually more than 5 whom survived....two children from one of the orphanages in district 34 years prior to the fall of the orphanages., One of them was one of those perfect breed EHS and he survived till adulthood. The other wasn't a perfect breed but still survived true to less exposure to Aztez's experiments. He equally survived into adulthood but was doomed to die anytime soon. The rest of the Kids, All six of the perfect breeds are the young men and women standing before you today."
The General was beyond astonished. It was too much to take in. We each took turns to narrate our life ordeals beyond the orphanage and he was most touched by Herald's story. He apologized to each one of us, he felt he had a hand in our criminal nature and if he had intervened at the beginning, if he had ignored the King's fright and rescued us we wouldn't have had to suffer so much. He also felt regret over Timothy and he didn't seize from blaming himself for everything he did. He said he had used the King's fright as an escuse and in reality he was equally scared. After hours with the General it was finally time to decide our fate and the next step Krever was to take concerning the issues. It was the moment of truth.
Re: New Story by Nerdyauthor: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
your thoughts and comments on the story would be appreciated, please dont hesitate

(1) (Reply)

The Gods Are Not Blame / How We Are Laughing With Negativity In This Instablog's Post / Physics Tutorial On How To Resolve Vectors Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.