Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike (654 Views)

We’ll Go Ahead With Our Congresses, Says APC On Supreme Court Verdict / Mahmood Yakubu: No Result If Edo, Ondo Polls Are Disrupted / Afenifere: We Can't Thank Buhari's Government For Ordering Sowore's Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by nairavsdollars(f): 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Rivers State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agencies to be apolitical in the September 19, 2020, governorship election in Edo State.

Speaking as Guest on a Television Programme, Governor Wike charged the electoral umpire to use the Edo election to correct its previous mistakes.

He said as the giant of Africa, other countries can learn something good on how to conduct free and fair elections from Nigeria.

According to the governor, the success of Edo election will be largely determined by the role played by security agencies and INEC.

“This is so because they often interfere with electoral processes, which manifests as scuttling of the will of the electorate.

“I do not know if I have one hundred percent confidence in INEC for now but maybe, as the days go on, what we will see may give us hope.

“Nigeria prides itself to be the giant of Africa and we go to other countries to observe elections and adjudge them as free and fair. But we find it difficult to do same here. We must show one good thing people can learn from us.

“We want free and fair election. INEC should not be partial. They should use this election to correct the mistakes that have been done in the past.
“We want to see what was done under President Goodluck Jonathan when Adams Oshiomhole went to Aso rock to thank him for allowing free and fair election in Edo State then.

“We are appealing to President Muhammadu Buhari to direct that democracy be protected in Edo election so that one man one vote will count. We will also go to Aso rock to thank him,” he stated.

Governor Wike who is the Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) National Campaign Council stated that Edo governorship election would be easy to win and Governor Obaseki has a clear coast to return as the governor for a second term.

The governor said, Nigerians are watching to see Edo people demonstrate whether they love themselves or not by proving support for a man who was celebrated as the pillar of Oshiomhole’s administration.
https://www.independent.ng/well-go-to-aso-villa-to-thank-buhari-if-edo-election-is-credible-wike/

1 Like

Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by thesicilian: 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
I'll go with them.
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by aremuforlife(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
If it is not rigged, that is only if pdp win but if Apc should win it will be termed rigged.

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by helinues: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
Oshiomole hijacked Ize Iyamu's campaign as if his name is on the ballot.

While Wike carry Edo election for head like gala.

Allow the contestants to tell Edolites their campaign promises... We haven't read any from the 2 major party apart from accusations and insult

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by helinues: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
And if it is rigged, u will send bomber jet to aso Rock abi
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by juvewalex(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
What brought Wike into power ?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
None of the candidates have come forward to tell us their plans
All we hear about this election is defection, rigging, yabbing and more
Typical naija things
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by Joshmodest(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Unfortunately That's the only way , APC know how to win elections .....
Edo election should come and go ...I'm tayad of the news they're always bringing up at the end of the day now the loser would be doing fake congratulatory message after all this drama !!
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by Ikeast(m): 4:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
WIKE when going don't forget to carry palm wine and kola along..........

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by roundman: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
juvewalex:
What brought Wike into power ?
Rigged Election.
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by braveboi4life: 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
Oshiomole thinks Edo election is Like ApC primaries where the ticket goes to the highest bidder, Edo people are waiting for you and your rigging machine angry

1 Like

Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by godkiller(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
I want 50 people to join me in investing in transportation. Let us acquire a bus and get returns weekly.

Drop your whatsapp number.
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by basybasy: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Rivers State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agencies to be apolitical in the September 19, 2020, governorship election in Edo State.

Speaking as Guest on a Television Programme, Governor Wike charged the electoral umpire to use the Edo election to correct its previous mistakes.

He said as the giant of Africa, other countries can learn something good on how to conduct free and fair elections from Nigeria.

According to the governor, the success of Edo election will be largely determined by the role played by security agencies and INEC.

“This is so because they often interfere with electoral processes, which manifests as scuttling of the will of the electorate.

“I do not know if I have one hundred percent confidence in INEC for now but maybe, as the days go on, what we will see may give us hope.

“Nigeria prides itself to be the giant of Africa and we go to other countries to observe elections and adjudge them as free and fair. But we find it difficult to do same here. We must show one good thing people can learn from us.

“We want free and fair election. INEC should not be partial. They should use this election to correct the mistakes that have been done in the past.
“We want to see what was done under President Goodluck Jonathan when Adams Oshiomhole went to Aso rock to thank him for allowing free and fair election in Edo State then.

“We are appealing to President Muhammadu Buhari to direct that democracy be protected in Edo election so that one man one vote will count. We will also go to Aso rock to thank him,” he stated.

Governor Wike who is the Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) National Campaign Council stated that Edo governorship election would be easy to win and Governor Obaseki has a clear coast to return as the governor for a second term.

The governor said, Nigerians are watching to see Edo people demonstrate whether they love themselves or not by proving support for a man who was celebrated as the pillar of Oshiomhole’s administration.
https://www.independent.ng/well-go-to-aso-villa-to-thank-buhari-if-edo-election-is-credible-wike/
Idiotic Wike, have forgot how ur election was rigged? Despite ur rigging, u still wasted so many souls. Don't worry, ure just a toothless dog now, u can't do anything.
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by basybasy: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
braveboi4life:
Oshiomole thinks Edo election is Like ApC primaries where the ticket goes to the highest bidder, Edo people are waiting for you and your rigging machine angry
I will wait for ur cry after APC is declared a winner in sept. I am 100% sure that Izeiyamu will win.
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by deboysben(m): 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
basybasy:

I will wait for ur cry after APC is declared a winner in sept. I am 100% sure that Izeiyamu will win.
based on the little propaganda u are seeing on nairaland against obaseki you are now 100% sure iyamu is winning.

Welldone ooo.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by clarocuzioo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kk
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by Tkester: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
Woke whinning buhari!
Re: We’ll Go To Aso Villa To Thank Buhari If Edo Election Is Not Rigged – Wike by kenzysmith: 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
buhari be like i don't need your thanks osho baba i permit u

(1) (Reply)

Will Tinubu Speak On Fuel And Electricity Tariff Increase? / Edo State Elections: See Photo As 'Bread' Is Shared To Voters / Ngige, Finance Minister, Accountant General Applauds ASUU Over UTAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.