Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) (31709 Views)

Nigeria Police To Go On 2-Week Strike Over Salary, Outdated Weapons / Retired Soldiers Protest 24 Months Unpaid Pension Arrears (photos) / Ebonyi Women Protest Topless In Front Of Government House Over Sons' Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by focus7: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
And the ipob miscreants claimed Obaseki is working.

He has used the Edo workers salary to buy governorship ticket, 6bill to PDP NWC just to contest for primary election now Edo is bankrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Baawaa(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
Why now,politics
Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
favor914:
Even if Obaseki likes he should pay pensioners their arrears 5 years in advance, come September 19th he will be embarrassed at the polls.

Embarrassed by Oshi-omo-Ole's pain of rigging and barawo bubu's remote control used in Osun

dre11:
FLASHBACK: Oshiomhole once wanted building named after Obaseki for ‘selfless service’

Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), once said Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, worked for the state using his brain and creativity.

Oshiomhole, who praised the governor during the governorship campaign of 2016, said a building at the government house should be named after Obaseki for his selfless service.

Oshiomhole said while he was governor of Edo, Obaseki helped him build the economy team of the state with his network.

“I know my limit. He knows his limit. Godwin Obaseki has worked for seven and half years for the people of Edo state, using his brain, creativity, quietly, not making noise,” Oshiomhole said.

“He sits in the office of the economic team which he built using his network of friends inside the heart of government house without demanding one naira.

“A man like that who will not ask me to give him contracts, but will promise me, comrade, you just do the thinking, we will create the means to actualise your thoughts. And to his credit today, check the books of Edo state, we did not build new structures in government house with government money. That economic team office was built through Godwin’s network. Today, it remains a permanent asset of the state government.

“I want us to be calling that building Godwin Obaseki building. I don’t see your opponent Ize-Iyamu being able to say that. In 2007, check the records, Ize-Iyamu was hiding from EFCC. He didn’t not vote. How can somebody who didn’t vote claim that he made me.

“If you have to look at Godwin and his credentials and you look at a man whose only work, by his CV, was a student and rusticated for two years, he read law but he is not a barrister. That is his foundation. I never gave him government job. Lucky Igbinedion’s mother was reported to have slapped Ize-Iyamu for misleading her son. He tried it with me, but we kept him away. Nothing near government circle. No access to public funds.

“Look at the road to his house, in our books, was dual carriage way. They took the money, constructed the road to his house and stopped. Although we have liquidated the godfathers politically, the entire political family will be liquidated.”

https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-oshiomhole-once-wanted-building-named-after-obaseki-for-selfless-service

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4029170_fbimg1469683419948_jpeg25999a82756c4d0b9c521580f964eec4

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
focus7:
And the ipob miscreants claimed Obaseki is working.

He has used the Edo workers salary to buy governorship ticket, 6bill to PDP NWC just to contest for primary election now Edo is bankrupt.

Your employer Oshi-omo-Ole knows better and the Edo people even knows best.

Esseite:

Ambrose Alli University Renovation
- Civil Service Complex
- Link road between Edo and Delta
- Ogbemudia stadium.
- Navis road Benin (Concrete tarred)
- Gele gele seaport
- Edo jobs (200,000)
- Azura Power project
- N25bn Bond with Nigerian Stock market
- Benin industrial park.
- Benin Modular refinery.
- 200 primary healthcare centres
- Edobest for Teachers and instructors etc

Can you help me with one Ize-Iyamu project anywhere in the world including himself, despite being In Edo Govt btw 1999 and 2003 as Chief of Staff and 2003 to 2011 as SSG?...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12058162_images_jpeg_jpegeb6c065c105cfe1af50da1aeadfb7a99

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12058219_images5_jpeg_jpeg1e52807b9931d5cfcf296bb78d4e5f7e

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by showafrica(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
disciples*.

So Edo workers protesting over unpaid salaries are just oshiomole supporters? How dumb can you be?!

Why they never protest since, na now election dey by corner dey remember. I wonder how someone will be owing salaries and still be contesting election. Everybody is just stupppid in this country

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Eriokanmi: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nuel19:

And when Obaseki wins the election the kind of heartache that you'll suffer from ehn...you will never again post rubbish.
this isn't about bragging. Obaseki would win fiar and Square. APC should just try and convince the etsako people so they could get a few votes.

The below is the fresh news about edo pensioners' endorsement of obaseki, those whom they claimed protested a few days back in edo for non-paymemt of pension arrears. This is from a verified and veritable source and not from igberetv blog site. Let them keep deceiving online supporters of iyamu or apc.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/08/03/pensioners-in-edo-north-back-obasekis-second-term-bid/amp/

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
Buddy0:
The kind disgrace obaseki will get come Sept, he will wish he had follow ambode path..

Followed Ambode path because your Oshi-omo-Ole wants to be a godfather abi

nairavsdollars:
How will APC National chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, raise the hands and campaign for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the same man he called a thief and other vile names in the 2016 governorship election in Edo state?

Oshiomhole attacks Edo PDP guber candidate,says he’s a thief

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State says the gubernatorial candidate of the PDP, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, is desperate to become governor because he wants to get immunity from prosecution for his role in the Dasuki arms deal scandal.

Speaking at the APC campaign flag-off for Edo North at Auchi, Wednesday, Mr. Oshiomhole said the EFCC should do its job and make the PDP candidate face the music for collecting N700m of the Dasuki Arms fund.

The governor, who said he has records of how the past PDP government looted the state resources, said the PDP has no project to point to in Edo North in 10 years.

He said: “According to Pastor’s statement to EFCC, he took the N700m Dasuki fund to their Leader’s house and they shared it in line with the principle of PDP which is ‘share the money’.

“Now EFCC asked how to narrate who and who did you share to, he said ‘ oh we gave various local governments’, they are singing how they shared government’s money for defence exactly same way as local witches used to sing at midnight when there was no light in villages.

“Do you know why he wants to be a governor, Mr Ize-Iyamu wants to be a Governor to get immunity to protect him from prosecution. Today, we ask EFCC why is Ize-Iyamu having confessed to money collected for Defence from Fidelity Bank, having confessed to taking it for purposes other than defence and directing how he shared it, he must face the music that Dasuki and others are facing. Even their leader wrote in his handwriting that he collected N300 million from NSA.

“Do you want to hand over Edo treasury to a thief. I’m a proud Kukuruku man, not the son of a cook, but we don’t take money for Police, money meant for soldiers, money meant for Defence to secure Christians in Churches, Pastors are collecting it and sharing it to their party members...."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/207262-oshiomhole-attacks-edo-pdp-guber-candidatesays-hes-thief.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11720326_cymera20200612181033_jpeg68f8dcb045dd04c28fb696898aa88d51

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11720358_fbimg15919816072656135_jpeg594b180e38f64950e93325bba350834b

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Apshittt

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Nuel19: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
favor914:
Maybe I missed it, please can anyone point me to a link where any PDP Senator, or House of Representatives member, representing Edo State endorsed Obaseki?

Take the endorsement of that house of rep member and the one of the senator and SHOVE IT UP YOUR STINKING ASSS......

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by lograr(m): 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
anonimi:

Your employer Oshi-omo-Ole knows better and the Edo people even knows best.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12058162_images_jpeg_jpegeb6c065c105cfe1af50da1aeadfb7a99

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12058219_images5_jpeg_jpeg1e52807b9931d5cfcf296bb78d4e5f7e
Please show me ugbiyoko road that have been going on for 2years plus now.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by PureMe02: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
Zico5:
If Obaseki could be voted for second term, Edo is surely in big problem. He has wasted most of the resources on chasing second term.
but nothing wrong in Yahaya Bello voted for 2nd time... hypocrite zombie
Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Nuel19: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
this isn't about bragging. Obaseki would win fiar and Square. APC should just try and convince the etsako people so they could get a few votes.

The below is the fresh news about edo pensioners' endorsement of obaseki, those whom they claimed protested a few days back in edo for non-paymemt of pension arrears. This is from a verified and veritable source and not from igberetv blog site. Let them keep deceiving online supporters of iyamu or apc.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/08/03/pensioners-in-edo-north-back-obasekis-second-term-bid/amp/

Don't mind them. Mischief makers and propagandists.
Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Gee64: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
The College was phased out by Oshiomhole and the workers have been redundant since then.
They are asking for money not worked for?
Nairahunt woah. Oshiomhole at it again?

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
showafrica:
Why they never protest since, na now election dey by corner dey remember. I wonder how someone will be owing salaries and still be contesting election. Everybody is just stupppid in this country

You don't know how the BMC propaganda people in APC work.
This is their style. Unfortunately PDP does not understand the need to quell such propaganda quickly and vigorously.

9jaBlogger:
Today's protest makes it about three times the College staff, under the aegis of Coalition of Unions in College of Education, will be storming the Edo Government House in the last 30-days.

Efforts to obtain comment from spokesman to the Governor, Mr. Crusoe Osagie were not successful. He had, however, dismissed previous protests as “political.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1360319/protesters-block-edo-government-house-salary-arrears-photos/

Poorly written news by a blogger quoting an unreliable igbere tv.
How much will it cost to organise the protest and the reporting in Barawo bubu's terrible economy?
N500,000

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
Gee64:
The College was phased out by Oshiomhole and the workers have been redundant since then.
They are asking for money not worked for?
Nairahunt woah. Oshiomhole at it again?

Really shocked
What do the APC e-rats have to say to this your revelation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by promotervickky(m): 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
iko123:
Disciples of osho baba. Come rain come shine. Obaseki must complete his 8years.

I saw them while passing through airport road today grin

Nigeria will vomit whoever does not add to its prosperity.
Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2020
lograr:
Please show me ugbiyoko road that have been going on for 2years plus now.

Did you show me what you quoted?
Abeg comot make I see road.
Are you one of Barawo bubu's lazy youths looking for someone else to do your work for you

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
fredoooooo:
Oloshi don use am pay PDP .. grin

You dey look for oloshi abi?
See am for down below with the olosho he wasted Edo dollars on.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2773141_osioinlove_jpeg19f5c22a1acf79a34119ea684a80d78f

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Allsome: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
favor914:
Aregbesola (Osun), Bello (Kogi), are Members of the ruling matter, and won due to Federal presence, wish I could say the same about Obaseki, Sorry he is a lame duck Governor. In this situation The Federal Government is God.

I understand but it baffles me much that we know this much about our politics, yet we still become sentimental when political parties pitch cynic wars against themselves. Like, we know the federal government literally declares winners and yet we denigrate people who are oppressed especially because they defected instead of speak against godfatherism ...
Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Bolosiye: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
favor914:
Aregbesola (Osun), Bello (Kogi), are Members of the ruling matter, and won due to Federal presence, wish I could say the same about Obaseki, Sorry he is a lame duck Governor. In this situation The Federal Government is God.
.... can same be said of bayelsa and rivers? Sad to let you know this, Edo will follow suit. The parameters are already well entrenched to secure victory ,odds are high irrespective of all perceptions " for the ruling party" e shock you?

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by mamotalk: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
rummmy:
So Edo apc can not pay up to 50 persons to protest? they are broke already be obaseki shut them out from the yam pot.
no mind d mumu APC, yeye dey smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Yus2020: 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
foolish people

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by lograr(m): 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
anonimi:

Did you show me what you quoted?
Abeg comot make I see road.
Are you one of Barawo bubu's lazy youths looking for someone else to do your work for you
He is not coming back simple.
Let him go and campaign in evbotubu or oghede.
Their ball joint and shaft will pull

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by AsawanaDgreat: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Arrangi protest

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
PigTormentor:
FAKE NEWS............................................................According to the IPIGS.
Edo no be Abia.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Look closely at your Oshi-omo-Ole below. Does he not look like a pig?
Or you prefer that he looks like a baboon

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11871567_images2_jpeg_jpegeaa7b646bbf3e81e48bac7a3f797497c

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by mamotalk: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
anonimi:

Really shocked What do the APC e-rats have to say to this your revelation
they are always blind to open truth now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
lograr:
He is not coming back simple.
Let him go and campaign in evbotubu or oghede.
Their ball joint and shaft will pull

Not coming back because of the crumbs Oshi-omo-Ole threw at you?

RuudVanNisteroy:
Adams Oshiomhole told the world that Ize Iyamu was a cultist who was rusticated after he deformed another student by pouring acid on him and also a thief who looted the state dry when he was Secretary to the State Government, under convicted thief Lucky Igbinedion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CtejWrAWNM

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11822828_oshiomhole_png62d3104c009191d91ad7408ea5e6c34d

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
favor914:
Have your Parents been paid their arrears?

Are your parents owed arrears

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by anonimi: 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
payloader:
Why are they protesting now, just days to election? Smells like political shit to me. Smh

It is definitely political shiit by the Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by Bighead9: 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/salah-celebration-obaseki-pays-workers-may-salary-early/amp/

The above should be what you should read. How can someone who pays salary early now be owing salary? The way some people reason shaa. I'm not here to shout or condemn anyone. September's election would set the record straight. Call me ipob if you like as you guys call anyone who's not for iyamu i don't care. I can never be on the side of thieves.

Obaseki is one of the few governors paying workers full salary in spite of pandemic. I know of several governors owing as much as 3 months salary. Read about ekiti civil servants who are currently threatening to go in strike. Its still fresh in the news. The salary owed edo workers is that of july. My wife is a civil servant so I can attest to it.

Igbo man relax. September 19th is just around the corner
Obaseki will be disgraced out of office. grin.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) by lograr(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
anonimi:

Not coming back because of the crumbs Oshi-omo-Ole threw at you?

Like always "those who don't buy you people's idea is an opposition". Good luck with the defected thinking. Oshio know me not. Tell your principal to start preparing the hand over note. Bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bauchi Governor Bala Mohammed Visits Wike In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? / Ibadan Clash: Makinde, Ganduje, Three Northern Governors Visit Shasa Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.