Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job (1684 Views)

Advice To Unemployed Graduates / Free ICT Training For Graduates/undergraduates/nysc / N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2020
It is time to face the reality of the fact that there is no longer jobs in Nigeria the way it was in the 70s and 90s. As a graduate now, you are competing with other millions of graduate that are searching for job, so the tendency of you graduating and getting a job is very low. In Nigeria now, government jobs are being sold.

Best thing to do now, infact start immediately.
Do you need a job after school or after your NYSC or even as an unemployed? here is what you should do.

Save a lot of money
If you are an undergraduate in 100 level or even if you are still in secondary school and you know you really want a job after graduating from the university, save a lot of money and start it early. The money you saved would be used to get you a good federal government job immediately after your NYSC.

Here is the plan;
If you are in 100 level and your parents often sends you like 10k monthly, then manage your life with 5k and save 5k for your future job. that's about 60k saved in a year. but do you know what, you should also save any amount that comes in as gift or even in your daily business hustle. At the end of the hear, you will have up to 80-100k saved for your future job.

now let's say in your 4 years in school, you saved 400-500k, it is not bad. Take not, some of you can save more than that in 4 years because your parents gives your nothing less than 20k monthly. For those of you whose parents doesn't have much, just try and engage yourself in 1 or 2 businesses in school and save some money for your future job. As a corper you can save 20k monthly, which is 240k in a year plus other one or two savings from your hustle elsewhere.

After NYSC, you should have at least 500k for your future job.

You can get jobs of 70-120k salary for 500k.

let's say you saved upto 1 million naira in 5 years from 100 level or even from secondary school to your NYSC level,
You can get government jobs of 100-200k salary with your 1 million saved.

Let's say you were able to save 1.5 million to 2.5 million, You can get a job of 150k to 300k salary.

Take note, govt Jobs in Nigeria is now for sale and if you don't do this, there is a huge tendency that you will regret ever going to school, after your NYSC when you begin to look for a job and can't find any. So do it and get into the labour market with confidence.

How to avoid being scammed.
Look for a direct contact for the job, E.g Managers, permanent secretary, HR manager, or any one with meaningful info for the job. Don't ever pay when you have not seeing you appointment later and even if you receive your appointment later, make sure that it is real by going to confirm at the govt agency by yourself before you should pay. Another thing, you can decide to pay when documentation starts not screening documentation o but the real final documentations for the job. Also use your head, if possible their should be a deed of agreement signed between both parties in the presence of a lawyer. Some will say the signing is illegal because you are paying for a job, but it is very legal. It depends on what you put in writing.

I know many brilliant people who are still out there looking for a job, some have turned to musicians, other business men and other still searching. If you really know you need a job after school, do this and you would have solved 85%-95 of your job search wahala. Wish you all success. This is Naija, be smart.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by sulaimon22: 8:49am On Aug 05, 2020
So what advice do u have for a graduate who doesn't have money to buy those jobs
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by KingAgroOrganic(m): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2020
bro's I don't think you know what you're saying, sha nah this country you won they spend 5k a month and save 5k, sha you want ulcer to kill you neh, Abi your not going to buy handout or photocopy materials or even sort some devil incarnate called lectures,

what if at the end of all this nonsense you die before you even enter camp or after service something bad happens to you, bros think am ooo this life no balance oooo.

my advice will be, while you are in higher institutions save to learn a marketable skills, while during your service year you use the savings to kick start your business, imagine what #500,000 can do in your life if you were to invest in yourself.
#myopinion

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by aquaman005(m): 9:45am On Aug 05, 2020
hmmmm..

I see no reason why I would save 500k- 1 million just to "buy" a job... If you look well, there are a lot of investments and businesses you can start with that money.
But at the end of the day, what do I know?.. Do what suits you.

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2020
sulaimon22:
So what advice do u have for a graduate who doesn't have money to buy those jobs
they are left to fate.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Onyeka90210(m): 10:00am On Aug 05, 2020
Sounds good
But doesn’t work bro
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by VEXT: 10:01am On Aug 05, 2020
Nice one.... A friend of mine bought a slot in a hospital for a million Naira.
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Ejusni(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2020
VEXT:
Nice one.... A friend of mine bought a slot in a hospital for a million Naira.

To do what job?
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by joviegghead: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2020
Op, any advice for those who practically 'clawed and crawled' their way through school without any assistance. And those who are doing so now.
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
joviegghead:
Op, any advice for those who practically 'clawed and crawled' their way through school without any assistance. And those who are doing so now.
as long as you are surviving in school, it means money comes in from somewhere so just try and save and if possible start a small business in school. You can do assignment for people and charge them like #500 or 1k. sell recharge card in d hostel just do something to save up some money. it is for your benefit in the future....sell something. If eventually u finish and no job for u, then u use your saved up money to buy one. Make sure you are saving bro, its very necessary.
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by nobone(f): 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
It is well

1 Like

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by mjconcept(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Is there still hope in this country? selling jobs to the highest bidder.
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by OYENIYIJK: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
Small small, buying of jobs in Nigeria wan become legal... God Bless All Hustlers

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
@ lovecares34 it is not as easy as you have outlined. There are many scammers out there and even for the legit ones, the deal doesn't work out most of the time.

Also non of them will wait untill you get APL or start documentation before they collect the money. Some time in 2018, one of my close relative paid 100K for a job and did NOT get it.
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Fokosobo:
@ lovecares34 it is not as easy as you have outlined. There are many scammers out there and even for the legit ones, the deal doesn't work out most of the time.

Also non of them will wait untill you get APL or start documentation before they collect the money. Some time in 2018, one of my close relative paid 100K for a job and did NOT get it.
na scam na. How u go pay 100k for job. Anyone who can give u a job for 100k would rather give u for free. Any person who doesn't agree with the terms I wrote there before any payment, is a scammer. that's how to identify scammers. Legit person would not give u troubles when u ask for appointment later and verification before payment. na small thing for them as long as you have your money ready.
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Haywhymido(m): 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
If you are able to gather such amount, you better go straight into business. Don't give any one your hard earned money na scammers full everywhere
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by ayodijex(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Who wrote this thing? �

What sort of unrealistic plan is this? �

1 Like

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by sulaimon22: 8:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
ayodijex:
Who wrote this thing? �

What sort of unrealistic plan is this? �

The plan is very unrealistic. the op should have opened some insight about setting up a business with those money. how can I pay someone up to 500k because of job. I will rada do business
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Stallion93(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Now jobs are for sale, it can only get worse in the future. I mean going through all that phase of school is already too stressful, If u can save as much as OP says, just use it and go abroad. Things only get worse in Nigeria
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
lovecares34:
na scam na. How u go pay 100k for job. Anyone who can give u a job for 100k would rather give u for free. Any person who doesn't agree with the terms I wrote there before any payment, is a scammer. that's how to identify scammers. Legit person would not give u troubles when u ask for appointment later and verification before payment. na small thing for them as long as you have your money ready.

Not scam. his dad has connections and was the one that directed him to the man. it just didn't workout.

Again, nobody offering you a slot will agree to those terms. You think they are fools? You get the job and refuse to pay. Do you think it is possible to reverse a confirmed appointment?
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by freshkpomo(m): 1:08am On Aug 06, 2020
KingAgroOrganic

Verdict: 5k a month fit feed guys for student environment, but I doubt if 5k go really reach use a month especially for science courses where una go dey buy unnecessary books and materials when una fit nor use, dey give assignments when you go spend money do like say na final year project, practicals and the rest... You may even need to source for cash to add to the 10k...

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 06, 2020
I can't help laughing at OP's advicegrin
Not totally pointless though.

OP, why uno use your savings (as claimed in your post) to get one job for yourself

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 06, 2020
SIR0:
I can't help laughing at OP's advicegrin
Not totally pointless though.

OP, why uno use your savings (as claimed in your post) to get one job for yourself
it was the mistake I made. I got many genuine federal govt job opportunities but doesn't have money to buy them. Now, even to get that kind of money is still hard. I am currently unemployed but running one or two things to survive. Assuming I did something like this a save up some funds I for don de better govt office since cos I would have saved nothing less than 1.5m and get a govt job that pays 200k a month plus other allowances. So I don't want other graduates to make same mistake. The earlier you save up for your future job, the better for u. 150k no fit buy job bros. if say I get like 800k-1.5m I for buy sharp sharp.
Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by KingAgroOrganic(m): 8:50am On Aug 06, 2020
freshkpomo:
KingAgroOrganic

Verdict: 5k a month fit feed guys for student environment, but I doubt if 5k go really reach use a month especially for science courses where una go dey buy unnecessary books and materials when una fit nor use, dey give assignments when you go spend money do like say na final year project, practicals and the rest... You may even need to source for cash to add to the 10k...

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria

your head dey there, for science student e no easy, in fact for Nigerian student e no easy,
but I get the Op point sha,

Op maybe you should go and get a loan to buy a Government job or ask one of your bomber friend to help you out,

I only feel bad for the future of Nigerians, with all the stress of higher institutions, you still have to bribe your way to to get a job.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Undergraduates, NYSC Corps Members & The Unemployed If You Want A Job by annayawchee: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2020
..... And this thing called op will be proud to open his mouth to curse the corrupt politicians..

We keep legalizing corruption, yahoo has become a norm and job buying is the next big thing...

God save us...

Las Las... Nigeria cannot be redeemed by Nigerians..

Majority are corruption waiting to happen.

(1) (Reply)

We Need Trustworthy People For A Contract Job / Teachers Needed In A Starting School.... Accommodation Available / 10 Best States To Find Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.