Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

How Does Negative Self Image Affect My Life? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Does Negative Self Image Affect My Life? (170 Views)

How Does Negative Self Image Affect One's Life? / How Does Negative Self Image Affect My Life? / Does Negative Thought Lead To Bad Things Happening? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Does Negative Self Image Affect My Life? by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 05, 2020
I am sure you are wondering how negative self image affect one's life, It does in different ways you might not know. Let’s get to it...

What is Self Image ?
Self image is the way you think about and view yourself. Your self-image is a mental picture of yourself, both as a physical body and an individual. When you think about yourself, the feelings and images that come up are important. An example of self image is a person who sees himself or herself as a beautiful, smart, attractive, intelligent and desirable person.
A healthy body image means that you see yourself "as you really are (True and Present state) and that you feel good in your own skin. Another words for self image is Confidence in one's own worth, self-esteem, confidence, assurance, assuredness.
I have met a lot of people, who think low of themselves, it is not that they don't have all it takes, they have got the potentials, skills, awesome personality but are too scared of how the world would perceive them, thus, making them lack confidence in anything they are to do. let's take for example; Having a nice physique, Good looks, Classy Style will not and can't end one's Negative Thinking, Let's take a look at it this way, if a man wanted to become a pro wrestler but all he did was workout, bought the outfit and watched all WWE Smackdown series, He would never learn important fighting strategy, though he could potentially look tough and nobody would want to mess with him but a real wrestler would destroy him, the seconds he enters the ring, he would not be able to compete.
It is evident to us that he isn't a real wrestler because he hasn't taken the appropriate steps to learn and develop himself into a proper wrestler.
Positive Self image comes from within, self image comes from either lies or truths you believe about yourself. So, if you hate yourself, have a negative self-image, or just lack confidence, chances are, there are lies or negative stories in your head that you believe about yourself.
So how do you go about changing them?
Follow the page and Find out in the next post, coming soon!
https://opzeedanielsculture..com/?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Priestesses Storm Edo Assembly, Rained Curses On Obaseki’s Enemies / Nigerian First Lady, Aisha Buhari Flown To Dubai For Neck Pain Treatment / Man Who Beat Traffic Policewoman Is A Fake Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.