Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,897 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Found A Man - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Found A Man - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) (388 Views)

Nonye or Ngozi - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) / Guard - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) / I Need A Child - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Found A Man - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) by noekie(f): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Title: I Found A Man
Author: Enam Yaa Noeki
Words: 184

“Why can't you listen to me for once?” Toyosi watched her mother's blue gele shimmered. “Look at your cousin, Damilola. She is now Mrs. Balogun!”

Her mother pointed at her darker cousin in pink. Damilola smiled with her husband while they took a picture in a floral photo booth. “Already married to a rich and handsome doctor, with a child on the way. When will you find a husband?”

Toyosi smacked her lips after painting it red. “I already found a man.”

“Which one?"

"He is a rich and handsome doctor with a child on the way,” she mimicked. “But he’s busy getting married to my cousin today.”

Her mother's fire faded. Toyosi watched her lips almost part before they snapped back together. Her mother then took a double look, one on each side of their table. When she decided no party goer could hear what Toyosi said in the ballroom, she rose. Toyosi batted her thick lashes at the tiny gold-rimmed mirror gleaming in her hands. Her mother took a fan and began to dance her way into the crowd.

1 Like

Re: I Found A Man - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) by icewinz(m): 11:44am On Aug 06, 2020
Following!

1 Like

Re: I Found A Man - (Literary Fiction, Short Story) by noekie(f): 5:58am On Aug 07, 2020
Thank you for commenting smiley, but this is actually the complete story. I know it's pretty short.

(1) (Reply)

Novel That Made Me Cry For Real / KINGDOM LAMP, Part 1, Written For Chadwick Boseman / Guilt-free Written By Joy A. Adewumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.