Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Tenant-landlady Impasse: The Highhandedness Of A Landlady - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant-landlady Impasse: The Highhandedness Of A Landlady (187 Views)

Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video) / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tenant-landlady Impasse: The Highhandedness Of A Landlady by Goodlucknigeria: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good afternoon lawyers in the house. I want to enquire from you regarding tenant v landlady agreement. My friend who is living in a rented one-bedroom apartment has a challenge. Since he moved to the compound, he has been paying his PHED bills consistently without even a delay. Unknown to him, the landlady bypassed the meter. She owns a laundry shop in the compound which was her main aim of bypassing the meter. When PHED officials came for disconnection around the street, it was then discovered that she bypass the meter. The light was disconnected and charges of theft were slammed on her. PHED said her crime amounted to #270,000. It was then she came and open up to my friend residing in her compound that she actually bypassed the meter. She encouraged my friend to see if he can acquire his own meter to avoid future disconnection. My friend later gave it a thought and accepted to do it. After few days later, my friend called to inform her of his decision to go ahead with getting his own meter. She then said my friend should exercise some patience that her lawyer was coming to my friend. He waited until the Lawyer came. The lawyer now told my friend that the landlady said he should contribute money to fix the disconnected light FIRST before he can go ahead and get his own meter. My friend refused that he can't pay for what he doesn't have an idea about. That since he moved to the compound, he has been paying his bills as demanded by the landlady and no one ever told him that the meter was bypassed. The lawyer went back to the landlady and inform her about the position of my friend, She then said that my friend shouldn't get any meter until she fixes hers first. My friend is confused though considering taking legal action against the landlady. Please what do you advise?

Thank you in anticipation
Re: Tenant-landlady Impasse: The Highhandedness Of A Landlady by amaham(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
Advice: start looking for a new apartment!

1 Like

Re: Tenant-landlady Impasse: The Highhandedness Of A Landlady by BlackfireX: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Unadvise : don't look for house

(1) (Reply)

Plots Of Land In Hectares Of Diamonds Estate Sangotedo / Virgin Plot Of Corner Piece Land In A Secure Estate / Benefits Of Owning A Beach Front Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.