Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan (14405 Views)

Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 / Nairabet Owner Akin Alabi Wins APC House Of Rep Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by AnonPoet: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Inter-governmantal affairs, Honorable Akin Alabi has on Wednesday commenced the distribution of working tools and 30 days training for no fewer than five hundred tailors in Egbeda and Ona Ara local government areas of Oyo state.

Alabi commenced the distribution at an empowerment program held for tailors in the two local government areas which was held at the Kayoya Bus Stop, New Ife Road, Ibadan.

Alabi who currently represents Egbeda/ Ona Ara federal constituency in Oyo state said that he took the step to donate the working tools because the tailors needed the materials.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain while speaking urged the beneficiaries of the gesture to make good use of the items which includes sewing machines and other tailoring materials.

Alabi while presenting the items to the beneficiaries said that two hundred and fifty tailors are to benefit from the empowerment program on Wednesday while another two hundred and fifty are to benefit on Thursday.

He urged the beneficiaries to make wise use of the items.

He said, "I remember when I was campaigning, I met different kinds of groups of tailors and I said that I will not forget them. I know that they are important, what they say is authentic.

"I know that many of them are in this business and they don't have money and working tools. And I said that I will help them when I have the opportunity in Abuja. And I said that I will use the opportunity to benefit the tailors.

"We are here for empowerment of tailors in Egbeda/ Ona Ara federal constituency. The first batch, we are empowering 250 today and 250 tomorrow. We have trained them in latest techniques and development in fashion designing.

"This is in conjunction with Nigeria Institute of Transport Technology as one of the zonal intervention program for my constituency.

"I am advising the beneficiaries to make use of the tools, they should make use of them. We discovered that some people because they are hungry, they sell what they give them as empowerment tools, they should not do that.

"This is not the last one, we are doing this for only the tailors and 500 people are to benefit from this batch.

Some of the beneficiaries among whom are Adedapo Adekunle and Halimat Olaniyan lauded the lawmaker for the gesture. They all commended the lawmaker for the gesture.

https://leaders.ng/akin-alabi-nitt-facilitates-training-and-empowerment-program-in-ibadan/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by ForeThinker: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
Healing is a choice. It is not an easy one because it takes work to turn around your habits. But keep making the choice and shifts will happen.

5 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Digitalstarlite: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
Dis Akin alabi guy na scam to me...

The thief has so many businesses is running apart from from online biz or nairabet...I remembered wen his brother on max FM saying dat d 80 million dat someone won on nairabet pained dem a lot...I guess is not to empower Nigerians but to make deir family rich even as now a honourable ...na eye service d clown dey do for house of rep...

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by ForeThinker: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
People will show you who they are, but we ignore it because we want them to be who we want them to be.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by bukkysam(f): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
when will all this thing stop? Out of 100million they are spending 10k and we are praising them.

hmmm Oluwa what is our offense?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by kolafolabi(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nice one from Nairabet CEO

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by paulolee(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
thats good coming from akin alabi because he is a chairman in government house and also a chairman in the streets..
akin alabi is a popular figure for street because 90% of the county youths are now into football betting..
i think he should give more and try to empower the youths because he had always gain alot revenue through football betting..
i think its a good way of giving back to his community and if other owners of the numerous betting platform in Nigeria give back like this, it would be appreciated..
and lastly i urge the beneficiaries to put in more work and use the tools given to assit themselves and also mr Akin should also tell them the need to put in more work and less of football betting..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by iCauseTrouble: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nice

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Virtuouslife: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by jimmyroger: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Paid post that is making fp immediately
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is commendable.. Ibadan N'ile Oluyole

Other lawmakers should learn from this, not sharing detergents, bucket, and ropes for beneficiaries
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Houseofglam7(f): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
undecided
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Naijaguy12345(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
This man ruined a lot of life in Nigeria through his Bet9ja nonsense especially the virtual games.

8 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Elslim: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
Next
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Salewa96: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nice one Akin
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by PataAlhaja(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
Our Nairabet losses na him you take hammer.

God go punish you las las, Akin. Werey! grin

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by honeyhoney(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
Alabi the greatest enemy to all punters

We must collect all our money back from you

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by pabon(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good gesture. He's done what before him have failed to do!
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by rkumije: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
Betnaija king....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by PataAlhaja(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
honeyhoney:
Alabi the greatest enemy to all punters

We must collect all our money back from you

Forget, you no fit collect that money back.

The house always win.

Just quit ... like I did.

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by gungab(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Common Meeenh

Real Gee
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by tayo200(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
cool
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by adioolayi(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
This man will make a good Governor...I am not judging his competence based on this initiative...rather based on cumulative things he has done as Hon.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
Digitalstarlite:
Dis Akin alabi guy na scam to me...
Give him some credit please, atleast he isnt greedy like the others
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by SmartPolician: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Akin is doing a great job!

However, NIIT is no longer what it used to be

Nowadays, there are much better IT training institutes
Re: Akin Alabi/NITT Facilitates Training And Empowerment Program in Ibadan by Olawalelead(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Well done Honourable Alabi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Lagos Bans Illegal Occupation Of Abandoned, Uncompleted Buildings / Sanusi Lamido In His Chieftaincy Garb (Pictures) / Ganduje Signs $1.8bn Railway Project With Chinese Firm(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.