Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) (1931 Views)

� How To Make Your Smartphone Faster In 5 Minutes / How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot / 6 Ways You Are Unintentionally Destroying Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
I have an old tecno y3 lying around idly in my house before the lockdown
I am a tech savvy fellow but this lockdown made me go back to some old hobbies and passions of mine. And one of them is modding and tweaking devices.

In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to boost your phone to better levels of speed and efficiency..
The phone I'm using as an example is a 512mb phone, but the performance beats a lot of itel and other phones of 1gb of ram (2x the ram.). I can triple this but the battery (1800mAh) is not good or strong enough for that.

This trick(s) will help your phone open apps faster, play games better and serve you quicker!!!

So. Without further chit chat, let's do this!

Requirements

1. Your phone MUST be rooted. This won't work if you don't have a rooted device.
2. Kernel Auditor
3. Root Booster

Cc trueguy573
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
After you have rooted your phone, you should enable developer options on your phone.

Then, change your run time from Dalvik to ART.
(My CPU is arm64 architecture so this may not work or is unnecessary for some devices. It won't hurt though).
Dalvik is fine and this step is not compulsory

1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
After changing your runtime, your phone will automatically reboot. When its done, its time for the next step.
We have to over clock the CPU of the phone.

This is restricted though, cause my phone is able to run just 1.0gHz with its dual cores at a time.
This means both cores will either run 0.5gHz CPU freq. at a time (making 1.0gHz) or one core (mostly core 1) goes into 1.0gHz mode and core 2 goes offline. Either way, I only get 1.0gHz of performance.

This is a problem cause most apps nowadays require a decent 1.2+ gHz frequency to work with a quad core CPU. And my CPU is dual core.

The only way out of this problem is to download the KernelAuidtor.apk app from either the play store or the third party sites. And then over clock the CPU

After you have installed and opened the app, grant it root/super user access (very important) and click on the upper left part of your screen.
A menu will come up, scroll down to CPU and click on it.
You should see something like this...
As you can see, both cores of my CPU is running at 0.5gHz freq... A slow CPU for modern timez

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by hisgrace090: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
How do we root?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
This will have to change though.
Click on core 1 and set your min frequency to 1024Hz/1001Hz
Click on Core 2 and set your max frequency to 1024Hz/1001Hz too

This changes depending on phone to phone. If your phones default CPU clock speed is 2.0gHz, then you will/may find 2048Hz option there too.

Stroll down and change the CPU governor mode to "performance"

After that, done! You have changed and overclocked your CPU!
My CPU cores are now able to run at 1.0gHz at a time. This roughly gives me a total CPU speed of roughly 2.0gHz (2x the default speed!!). You will IMMEDIATELY see a difference when you try that out.

The only downside of this is that it drains battery faster, but I hardly feel it since I have an OG battery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
After that, download and install "Root Booster"
This app will help you refine the new power your CPU has
After installing, grant it root access and activate the "Speed" profile.
It boots up and you run some commands.
After its done, it will ask you to reboot
Reboot and move to the final step.

1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
Go back to your developer options and copy my settings.
1. Force GPU Rendering
2. Force 4x MSAA
3. Windows animation scale:- Off
4. Transition animation scale :- Off
5. Animator Duration scale :- Off

After that, you're done!!!
Enjoy your faster device! You can play games better and use more apps at the same time now.

1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
Imagine being able to play a decent game of PUBG on a tecno phone with less than 1gb or ram shocked

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
hisgrace090:
How do we root?
Depends on the phone you're using
What's the name of your phone?
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Nwaotu10(m): 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
Please bro, how do I root my Huawei y7prime 2019?
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 12:11am On Aug 06, 2020
Nwaotu10:

whats the android version

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Rayliousity(m): 12:59am On Aug 06, 2020
Op this issa mad! something cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 1:36am On Aug 06, 2020
Rayliousity:
Op this issa mad! something cheesy cheesy
cheesy
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by sunshineV(f): 3:28am On Aug 06, 2020
grin
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by hisgrace090: 7:02am On Aug 06, 2020
TrollKiller:

Redmi note 8pro
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Nwaotu10(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2020
TrollKiller:

whats the android version

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by festwiz(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2020
OP, you didn't Overclock the SoC you only locked it at its maximum frequency which it can get to based on the tasks you're performing. It'll help it perform daily tasks better but heavy tasks will still be the same.

You neither changed the power limit nor throttle temperature. The performance governor is the only thing you needed to change without sacrificing on battery life. With this setup when the SoCs temperature hits it's throttle temperature it'll turn off because there's no permissible frequency for it to scale down to.

The best thing you can do for a device like this is to lock them at base frequencies and use the power save governor. This way you get longer battery life for calls and texts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by festwiz(m): 7:05am On Aug 06, 2020
Nwaotu10:
You need to unlock the bootloader to root the device and Huawei doesn't let users do that anymore, rather haven't for a long time.
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Nwaotu10(m): 7:11am On Aug 06, 2020
festwiz:

You need to unlock the bootloader to root the device and Huawei doesn't let users do that anymore, rather haven't for a long time.

Bootloader? Never heard of that.
Are you talking about the developer option? If yes, mine is already unlocked.
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by festwiz(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2020
Nwaotu10:

No. Different things. Seems you're not so knowledgeable about these things. I'd advice you don't bother rooting. You can Google what "bootloader" is.
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Nwaotu10(m): 7:24am On Aug 06, 2020
festwiz:

No. Different things. Seems you're not so knowledgeable about this things. I'd advice you don't bother rooting. You can Google what "bootloader" is.

You're right, I'm a nitwit when it comes to tech.
Ok then, thanks alot for your kind and sincere responses.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by femi4: 7:28am On Aug 06, 2020
hisgrace090:
How do we root?
Don't root, it always end in tears

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Equitty15(m): 7:50am On Aug 06, 2020
let me stay here and learn

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by SocialJustice: 8:14am On Aug 06, 2020
TrollKiller:
Infinix Hot 8
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2020
festwiz:
OP, you didn't Overclock the SoC you only locked it at its maximum frequency which it can get to based on the tasks you're performing. It'll help it perform daily tasks better but heavy tasks will still be the same.

You neither changed the power limit no throttle temperature. The performance governor is the only thing you needed to change without sacrificing on battery life. With the
Is setup when SoCs temperature hits it's throttle temperature it'll turn off because there's no permissible frequency for it to scale down to.

The best thing you can do for a device like this is to lock them at base frequencies and use the power save governor. This way you get longer battery life for calls and texts.
haha, no its not that i mean sir. this is just a tutorial

you are right, i didnt overclock my CPU persay, i only showed how to do so.

if i want to truly overclock the CPU, ill have to install a custom kernel. but since tecno has the shittiest OS support of all the brands present in Nigeria, i could not find any. please point me to the direction of any sites that hosts custom kernel or roms for tecno devices

and no, i cant use the CPu at base freq.. jeez thats punishment naa
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2020
hisgrace090:

Redmi note 8pro
redmi devices are the easiest to root, thats very lucky for you ibawon or jboixxx will help you out on the xiaomi thread.
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 9:57am On Aug 06, 2020
SocialJustice:
Infinix Hot 8

SocialJustice:
Infinix Hot 8
infinix/tecno/itel phones are the worst phones to use as phone guru since their OS support and community is pure horse shiit. they also notoriously difficult to root because of the shitty OS programming

but if you wanna go ahead, then get the following
1. laptop
2. your stock rom downloaded on your sd card
3. full 100% battery

chibike69:

Search for your device stock rom and download

Extract the stock rom

Copy the "boot.img" paste it on any folder in your phone

And also the "scatter file.txt"

Now patch the boot.img using magisk manager.apk (android app)

Now transfer the patched "boot.img" to your pc
And also transfer the "scatter file.txt" to ur pc.

Make sure that both boot.img and "scatter file.txt" are in the same folder.

Then download sp flash tool.exe (for PC) and also install (MediaTek USB- VCOM drivers).

Open sp flash tool and select the scatter file.txt in your pc

Then flash the patched boot.img

Reboot your phone.

BOOM your phone is rooted

If you didn't see the stock rom on any website

You can extract your phone stock rom by yourself using "Miracle box" for PC

You can also flash the patched boot.img via adb
But you have to unlock your bootloader using adb commands.

ANON AJAJA.

this way you can hack any tecno or infinix or itel phone with androud 7 upwards
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by TrollKiller(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2020
Nwaotu10:

baba what are you rooting again on that phone?
that phone is OP enough unrooted

leave it alone
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Nwaotu10(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2020
TrollKiller:

baba what are you rooting again on that phone?
that phone is OP enough unrooted

leave it alone

Thank you my guy.
It's just that the phone is not playing my favourite game. Gtasa. So, I thought that rooting will make it play the game.
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by Olamyyde(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
festwiz:

You neither changed the power limit nor throttle temperature. The performance governor is the only thing you needed to change without sacrificing on battery life. With this setup when the SoCs temperature hits it's throttle temperature it'll turn off because there's no permissible frequency for it to scale down to.

Exactly! He thinks because 2 cores are running at 1ghz, his cpu speed is 2ghz.
Re: How To Make Your Smartphone Faster And More Efficient!!! (Pics) by SocialJustice: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
TrollKiller:

infinix/tecno/itel phones are the worst phones to use as phone guru since their OS support and community is pure horse shiit. they also notoriously difficult to root because of the shitty OS programming

but if you wanna go ahead, then get the following
1. laptop
2. your stock rom downloaded on your sd card
3. full 100% battery

this way you can hack any tecno or infinix or itel phone with androud 7 upwards
Thanks, was hoping to get a tool like framaroot. I don't have power to start setting laptop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Who Can Help Me With A Software That Can Bug Outgoing/incoming Calls / Please I Really Ned Ur Help Concerning My Bold 2 / Blackberry Bold 5 Mobile Hot Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.