Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? (2449 Views)

What Does The Bible Have To Say About YAHOO YAHOO? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
Question: "What does the Bible say about obedience?"

Answer: The Bible has much to say about obedience. In fact, obedience is an essential part of the Christian faith. Jesus Himself was “obedient unto death, even death on a cross” (Philippians 2:8 ). For Christians, the act of taking up our cross and following Christ (Matthew 16:24) means obedience. The Bible says that we show our love for Jesus by obeying Him in all things: “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15). A Christian who is not obeying Christ’s commands can rightly be asked, “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” (Luke 6:46).

Obedience is defined as “dutiful or submissive compliance to the commands of one in authority.” Using this definition, we see the elements of biblical obedience. “Dutiful” means it is our obligation to obey God, just as Jesus fulfilled His duty to the Father by dying on the cross for our sin. “Submissive” indicates that we yield our wills to God’s. “Commands” speaks of the Scriptures in which God has clearly delineated His instructions. The “one in authority” is God Himself, whose authority is total and unequivocal. For the Christian, obedience means complying with everything God has commanded. It is our duty to do so.

Having said that, it is important to remember that our obedience to God is not solely a matter of duty. We obey Him because we love Him (John 14:23). Also, we understand that the spirit of obedience is as important as the act of obedience. We serve the Lord in humility, singleness of heart, and love.

Also, we must beware of using a veneer of obedience to mask a sinful heart. Living the Christian life is not all about rules. The Pharisees in Jesus’ time relentlessly pursued acts of obedience to the Law, but they became self-righteous, believing they deserved heaven because of what they had done. They considered themselves worthy before God, who owed them a reward; however, the Bible tells us that, without Christ, even our best, most righteous works are as “filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6). The Pharisees’ external obedience still lacked something, and Jesus exposed their heart attitude. Their hypocrisy in obeying the “letter of the law” while violating its spirit characterized their lives, and Jesus rebuked them sharply: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so you also appear righteous to men outwardly, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity” (Matthew 23:27–28). The Pharisees were obedient in some respects, but they “neglected the weightier matters of the law” (Matthew 23:23, ESV).

Today, we are not called to obey the Law of Moses. That has been fulfilled in Christ (Matthew 5:17). We are to obey the “law of Christ,” which is a law of love (Galatians 6:2; John 13:34). Jesus stated the greatest commands of all: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:36–40).

If we love God, we will obey Him. We won’t be perfect in our obedience, but our desire is to submit to the Lord and display good works. When we love God and obey Him, we naturally have love for one another. Obedience to God’s commands will make us light and salt in a dark and tasteless world (Matthew 5:13–16).

www.gotquestion.org

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by MuttleyLaff: 3:22am On Aug 06, 2020
solite3:
Question:
"What does the Bible say about obedience?"
Answer: The Bible has much to say about obedience. In fact, obedience is an essential part of the Christian faith. Jesus Himself was “obedient unto death, even death on a cross” (Philippians 2:8 ). For Christians, the act of taking up our cross and following Christ (Matthew 16:24) means obedience. The Bible says that we show our love for Jesus by obeying Him in all things: “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15). A Christian who is not obeying Christ’s commands can rightly be asked, “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” (Luke 6:46).

Obedience is defined as “dutiful or submissive compliance to the commands of one in authority.” Using this definition, we see the elements of biblical obedience. “Dutiful” means it is our obligation to obey God, just as Jesus fulfilled His duty to the Father by dying on the cross for our sin. “Submissive” indicates that we yield our wills to God’s. “Commands” speaks of the Scriptures in which God has clearly delineated His instructions. The “one in authority” is God Himself, whose authority is total and unequivocal. For the Christian, obedience means complying with everything God has commanded. It is our duty to do so.

Having said that, it is important to remember that our obedience to God is not solely a matter of duty. We obey Him because we love Him (John 14:23). Also, we understand that the spirit of obedience is as important as the act of obedience. We serve the Lord in humility, singleness of heart, and love.

Also, we must beware of using a veneer of obedience to mask a sinful heart. Living the Christian life is not all about rules. The Pharisees in Jesus’ time relentlessly pursued acts of obedience to the Law, but they became self-righteous, believing they deserved heaven because of what they had done. They considered themselves worthy before God, who owed them a reward; however, the Bible tells us that, without Christ, even our best, most righteous works are as “filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6). The Pharisees’ external obedience still lacked something, and Jesus exposed their heart attitude. Their hypocrisy in obeying the “letter of the law” while violating its spirit characterized their lives, and Jesus rebuked them sharply: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so you also appear righteous to men outwardly, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity” (Matthew 23:27–28). The Pharisees were obedient in some respects, but they “neglected the weightier matters of the law” (Matthew 23:23, ESV).

Today, we are not called to obey the Law of Moses. That has been fulfilled in Christ (Matthew 5:17). We are to obey the “law of Christ,” which is a law of love (Galatians 6:2; John 13:34). Jesus stated the greatest commands of all: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:36–40).

If we love God, we will obey Him. We won’t be perfect in our obedience, but our desire is to submit to the Lord and display good works. When we love God and obey Him, we naturally have love for one another. Obedience to God’s commands will make us light and salt in a dark and tasteless world (Matthew 5:13–16).

www.gotquestion.org
"But Samuel declared:
“Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obedience to His voice?
Behold, obedience is better than sacrifice,
and attentiveness is better than the fat of rams
"
- 1 Samuel 15:22

"If you carefully obey Me and are faithful to the terms of My promise,
then out of all the nation you will be My own special possession,
even though the whole world is Mine
"
- Exodus 19:5
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by achorladey: 4:33am On Aug 06, 2020
Micah 6: 6-8
What Does the Lord Require?

6 “With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and fwhat does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 06, 2020
OBEDIENCE
It is IMPOSSIBLE without accountability! smiley

Once you can't submit to the same group, there is no way obedience can be spoken of in anything you do!

For instance let's use just two churches as case study on the topic, Deeperlife (DP) and Redeem (RD).
When there is accountability in any community where DP is ministering RD supposed not to be found if truthfully they're both working for the same Jesus. DP only need to give RD the data of all the territories where they're operating as Christians. This will help RD to know where to go for ministration to be certain of the remaining places where the gospel has not reached.

So of what correlation is this with OBEDIENCE?

All of us can read the Bible (including those who don't even regard this book) whenever anyone goes contrary to Godly principles in any community, all that's needed is to ascertain the church that's ministering in the territory. They will send his/her name to all other Churches as one who is profaning the name of our God, so if he wants to continue worshiping our God, he must go back to make amendments otherwise no church of the living God will welcome him as one of God's children anywhere he goes throughout the globe.
But since there is nothing as such, anyone can just commit a sin in DP and the next day he joins RD after all there is no accountability. Such a person will be noticed by observers (who are well aware of his wrongdoing) that he has changed to another Church within the same territory.

So in what way do you expect obedience to take any effect?
That's why Apostle Paul asked true Christians to judge the wrongdoer in their midst {1Corinthians 5:11-13} he can't just join another Church because there was accountability in church of God back them {1Corinthians 1:10, 14:40}
He must right his wrong otherwise he will remain excommunicated for life! Matthew 18:15-17 compare to 2John 10-11

God bless you! smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 4:00am On Aug 07, 2020
solite3:
That has been fulfilled in Christ (Matthew 5:17). We are to obey the “law of Christ,” which is a law of love (Galatians 6:2; John 13:34). Jesus stated the greatest commands of all: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:36–40).
Those two commandments are referred to as the greatest ... not the only commandments and for good reason. So be sure to find out what other commandments Jesus has given you as part of the New Covenant, so you ensure you obey them only.
solite3:
Are you sure about that ? Can you even truly love God if you cannot show love to those you call your enemies as well?

Matthew 5 vs 43-48 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
43. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[k] and hate your enemy.’
44. But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45. If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46. If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47. And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48. What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by delkuf(m): 4:10am On Aug 07, 2020
One prayer we Christian all over ought to be praying is that God should Baptist us with the Spirit of obedience. And we must be quick to obey
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 4:18am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
One prayer we Christian all over ought to be praying is that God should Baptist us with the Spirit of obedience. And we must be quick to obey
That is not even an option. Every single one of us learned, even from a very young age, how to obey simple instructions given to us. Adam and Eve, even before they were exposed to the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil were quite capable of obeying instructions given to them.

So, everyone has the capacity to obey what is commanded... What you ought to ask is why you CHOOSE not to obey what He commands. The responsibility has been on you to choose to obey from the time you were born. So you have to take responsibility and ask yourself why you continue to refuse to obey Him. Praying will not shift the responsibility off of your shoulders where it will remain.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by delkuf(m): 4:23am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
That is not even an option. Every single one of us learned, even from a very young age, how to obey simple instructions given to us. Adam and Eve, even before they were exposed to the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil were quite capable of obeying instructions given to them.

So, everyone has the capacity to obey what is commanded... What you ought to ask is why you CHOOSE not to obey what He commands. The responsibility has been on you to choose to obey from the time you were born. So you have to take responsibility and ask yourself why you continue to refuse to obey Him. Praying will not shift the responsibility off of your shoulders where it will remain.
One prayer we Christian all over ought to pray is that God should Baptist us with the Spirit of obedience. And we must be quick to obey
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
One prayer we Christian all over ought to pray is that God should Baptist us with the Spirit of obedience. And we must be quick to obey
Pray again? We should instead learn from Nike! JUST DO IT!
or better still JUST OBEY!

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by delkuf(m): 4:27am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Pray again? We should instead learn from Nike! JUST DO IT!
or better still JUST OBEY!
One of the prayer we Christian all over ought to pray is that God should Baptist us with the Spirit of obedience. And we should be quick to obey
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 4:42am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
One of the prayer we Christian all over ought to pray is that God should Baptist us with the Spirit of obedience. And we should be quick to obey
Since obedience was encoded into man even before the fall of man, I doubt there is such a thing as a spirit of obedience, and I certainly doubt a separate baptism will be given by such a spirit.

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by MuttleyLaff: 6:15am On Aug 07, 2020
solite3:
Question:
"What does the Bible say about obedience?"

www.gotquestion.org
"Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
who walk in obedience to Him
"
- Psalm 128:1

"Jesus replied,
“Anyone who loves Me, will obey My teaching.
My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them."
- John 14:23

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
who walk in obedience to Him
"
- Psalm 128:1

"Jesus replied,
“Anyone who loves Me, will obey My teaching.
My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them."
- John 14:23

If you truly obey, God you would hate and reject homosexuality including other sins as well.

Romans 1:27
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Homosexuality is an abomination,

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 18:26
Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2020
solite3:

Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:

Deuteronomy 4 vs 1-2 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
As God commanded that you not add or remove from His commandments in the Old Covenant, the same applies to the New Covenant. Do not add or remove from it as it is given to you

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by MuttleyLaff: 7:12am On Aug 07, 2020
solite3:
If you truly obey, God you would hate and reject homosexuality including other sins as well.

Romans 1:27
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Homosexuality is an abomination,

"16There are six things which the LORD hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him
:
17Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,
18A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers.
"
- Proverbs 6:16-19

Can you please, for once, already quit proof-texting scripture. Can you once, try to begin reading and understanding scripture contextually. Can you, at all, for once stop reading bible verses in isolation, hmm?

Fyi, God hates and rejects idolatry, infidelity, playing around, whether in whatever relationship including other sins like telling lies, as well.

Now, that Proverbs 6:16-19 above up there, is a list of what God hates. It is a list of what God finds detestable and it is also a list of what are abominations to God.

Interestingly, Proverbs 6:18a, is where from, the favourite Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 misguided and misinterpreted verses fits but you need to ask yourself, what specifically in Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, is abomination to God

Fyi, Malachi 2:16, where God says, He hates divorce, also slots perfectly well in to Proverbs 6:18a
Another fyi is, Amos 5:21, where God says: "I hate your religious festivals, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies" is another verse, again, that slots perfectly well in to Proverbs 6:18a

Now I put it to you, stating clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, what correctly, in Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, is the committed abomination that was being done before God, hmm? (i.e. what correctly and pato, in Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, is the thing that was done, that God hates and/or detests?)

Before you attempt to answer the above question, please meditate and mull over Deuteronomy 23:17-18 first.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by delkuf(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Since obedience was encoded into man even before the fall of man, I doubt there is such a thing as a spirit of obedience, and I certainly doubt a separate baptism will be given by such a spirit.
You really don't know the Bible. All you do is rush and comment with one part of the Bible
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
You really don't know the Bible. All you do is rush and comment with one part of the Bible
Since you know more about what is written, be a dear and properly counter what I have said so far with clear evidence then.

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:33am On Aug 07, 2020
achorladey:
Micah 6: 6-8
What Does the Lord Require?

6 “With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and fwhat does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Sweet!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

As God commanded that you not add or remove from His commandments in the Old Covenant, the same applies to the New Covenant. Do not add or remove from it as it is given to you

Did he add anything here?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by delkuf(m): 7:40am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Since you know more about what is written, be a dear and properly counter what I have said so far with clear evidence then.
I don't have your time, because no matter what I say, you will still be asking stupid questions. So I wont. have a great day
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:42am On Aug 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"16There are six things which the LORD hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him
:
17Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,
18A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers.
"
- Proverbs 6:16-19

Can you please, for once, already quit proof-texting scripture. Can you once, try to begin reading and understanding scripture contextually. Can you, at all, for once stop reading bible verses in isolation, hmm?

Fyi, God hates and rejects idolatry, infidelity, playing around, whether in whatever relationship including other sins like telling lies, as well.

Now, that Proverbs 6:16-19 above up there, is a list of what God hates. It is a list of what God finds detestable and it is also a list of what are abominations to God.

Interestingly, Proverbs 6:18a, is where from, the favourite Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 misguided and misinterpreted verses fits but you need to ask yourself, what specifically in Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, is abomination to God

Fyi, Malachi 2:16, where God says, He hates divorce, also slots perfectly well in to Proverbs 6:18a
Another fyi is, Amos 5:21, where God says: "I hate your religious festivals, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies" is another verse, again, that slots perfectly well in to Proverbs 6:18a

Now I put it to you, stating clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, what correctly, in Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, is the committed abomination that was being done before God, hmm? (i.e. what correctly and pato, in Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, is the thing that was done, that God hates and/or detests?)

Before you attempt to answer the above question, please meditate and mull over Deuteronomy 23:17-18 first.

Sorry Mutley, i do not understand. Do you support or accept homosexuality?

Because your Deuteronomy quote Shows The Law Expressly Prohibiting the Prostitutes and Prostitution, including their tithes (I remember that there was a thread sometime ago whether a prostitute can pay tithe) as well as Homosexuality known and described as sodomy, also being Expressly Forbidden and Prohibited!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Did he add anything here?
He attempted mixing Old Covenant and New Covenant commandments to make his point.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
I don't have your time, because no matter what I say, you will still be asking stupid questions. So I wont. have a great day
Really?

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by MuttleyLaff: 7:57am On Aug 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Sorry Mutley, i do not understand. Do you support or accept homosexuality?
What exactly do you not understand. I support and/or accept unbiased, unprejudiced exegesis and reading of scripture and/or Bible at large
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
What exactly do you not understand. I support and/or accept unbiased, unprejudiced exegesis and reading of scripture and/or Bible at large

Do not be offended but Solite3 leaves me with the impression that you do not condemn Homosexuality and I was taking by surprise for this fact which is why I asked for clarification.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
He attempted mixing Old Covenant and New Covenant commandments to make his point.

I do not see anything wrong here for the Law he Stated is One and the same for the Provision in Romans is simply a Restatement of Law in Leviticus as Solite3 supplied!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Kobojunkie: 8:12am On Aug 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I do not see anything wrong here for the Law he Stated is One and the same for the Provision in Romans is simply a Restatement of Law in Leviticus as Solite3 supplied!
Oh and here I thought this thread was about obedience as to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by MuttleyLaff: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Do not be offended but Solite3 leaves me with the impression that you do not condemn Homosexuality and I was taking by surprise for this fact which is why I asked for clarification.
He merely is just being mischievous.

Infidelity, in whatever shape, form or guise(s) should not be condoned. Hypocrisy, lies or pick and chose is something to be wary of.

If you must know, I didn't take offence, I was only after what you didn't understand
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh and here I thought this thread was about obedience as to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

I think Solite3 would say that this thread is about General and Specific Obedience to the Laws Issued by God which is what I think it is.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
He merely is just being mischievous.

Infidelity, in whatever shape, form or guise(s) should not be condoned. Hypocrisy, lies or pick and chose is something to be wary of.

If you must know, I didn't take offence, I was only after what you didn't understand

Ok
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:32am On Aug 07, 2020
But I wish to add that for "Obedience" to be sweet, easy and happily carried out, understanding of the purpose and intent of the Law Issued is very necessary.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? by MuttleyLaff: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Ok

Dtruthspeaker:
But I wish to add that for "Obedience" to be sweet, easy and happily carried out, understanding of the purpose and intent of the Law Issued is very necessary.
Exactly my POV too, so Dtruthspeaker whats your understanding of the purpose and intent of Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13? You can throw in the "why"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? / Evolution Proves Creation / Hubble Space Telescope Images And The Glory Of GOD - This Is Not A Coincidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.